This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I didn't buy the Yamaha, but I did buy a 2008 Suzuki C90T motorcycle, black in color. With the economy supposedly going down the tubes this makes sense, no? I won't actually get it until next week because the dealer has to order some of the extras (driving lights, tachometer, luggage rack, etc.) that I want on it.

At the moment our driveway is covered with ice. I guess my timing could be better.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/C90TK9

Congrats! However, what does your moto have to do with the economy? Did you get the CNBC and S&P ticker package :)

Cool yesterday, around high 40's. Today suppose to get to 71. Already 65 and the front steps are wet from the humidity. I wish it would just stay in the low 50's. The swing in temps are crazy. But, that's Mississippi weather. :-\

I was born and raised in Chicago. My entire family still lives there. I left many years ago when I joined the Navy. Last Sunday when it was -27 degrees with the wind chill in Chicago, my son and I were teeing off at TPC Sawgrass Valley Course in shorts! :)

Mike

I left Chicago (Cicero actually). Lived all over the city proper (West Side (there really isn't an East Side is there?), North Side, Downtown, etc.). I left at 17 to join the Army. Except for a couple of times the DW and DK lived there while I was out of the country, I have never went back to live either. Visited a few times but it sure is not the city I remember. DW and I will be moving a bit south of where we are at now in a couple of years. Maybe North Alabama or Tennessee but not Florida this time.

I am guessing but from your name you may still be a Cub fan!

I left Chicago (Cicero actually). Lived all over the city proper (West Side (there really isn't an East Side is there?), North Side, Downtown, etc.). I left at 17 to join the Army. Except for a couple of times the DW and DK lived there while I was out of the country, I have never went back to live either. Visited a few times but it sure is not the city I remember. DW and I will be moving a bit south of where we are at now in a couple of years. Maybe North Alabama or Tennessee but not Florida this time.

I am guessing but from your name you may still be a Cub fan!

South side boy actually.....60th and Pulaski. I've been a Cubs fan my whole life. I still hear the SH^$ from the Sox fans. My fondest memories of Cicero are "Home Run Inn" pizza! :)

Mike

I still hear the SH^$ from the Sox fans.

Yeah, but mostly it's only when the [-]Sux[/-] Sox lost the game that day....they won't talk about how cr*ppy the Sox did, only how the Cubbies s*ck.

I was born under a cusp....Dad was a Cards fan (born & raised in MO), and Mom was (and still is) a diehard Cubs fan. When we go to Cubs vs. Cards games, I wear a 'cardinal red' shirt, and a Cubs cap...gotta cover all the bases! ;)

Yeah, but mostly it's only when the [-]Sux[/-] Sox lost the game that day....they won't talk about how cr*ppy the Sox did, only how the Cubbies s*ck.

I was born under a cusp....Dad was a Cards fan (born & raised in MO), and Mom was (and still is) a diehard Cubs fan. When we go to Cubs vs. Cards games, I wear a 'cardinal red' shirt, and a Cubs cap...gotta cover all the bases! ;)

I had the pleasure of taking my family to Wrigley for a Cubby game about 4 years ago. Prior to that game, 1973 was the last time I was in Wrigley Field!

Mike

Attachments

• Dsc00945.jpg
    Dsc00945.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 7
I had the pleasure of taking my family to Wrigley for a Cubby game about 4 years ago. Prior to that game, 1973 was the last time I was in Wrigley Field!

Mike
We're fortunate in that the owner of the tour company we travel with a lot, is an avid Cubs fan and gets a bus load of tickets to a LOT of games! This year I think he had tickets for about 35 games at Wrigley, 4-5 at Milwaukee, and 4-5 at St. Louis.......40-50 tickets for each game! Since a couple of his long-time employees are South-side fans, he sees that he acquires tickets to about a half dozen Sox games as well.

Not sure where the seating is for the Sox games, but seating for the Cubs games is in the lower tier behind the Cubs dugout...maybe 10-12 rows up....good seats!

Last year for his (the owner's) birthday, his DW put together a trip to Chicago for a Wrigley Tour....got to go through the clubhouse's, sky-boxes, dugouts, bleachers, broadcasting booths, and on to the field. She also made reservations at his favorite Italian restaurant (can't recall the name) for dinner. It was a nice birthday present, as he got to spend quality time with about 45 of his fellow Cubby friends, and even have a great birthday dinner with them (us).

She had requested that he drive the bus.....only because he likes the Cubs. She didn't tell him about the dinner until he was ready to head the bus back home. She told him she'd like to take a ride past a certain spot, since we had plenty of time. When we got near the restaurant, he mentioned that that was his favorite restaurant on the corner. She had him turn the corner, and they had put up traffic cones to reserve a spot on the side for the bus to park....then he figured it all out! He and everyone else had a great day! :D:D:D

When I was in Chicago, I had to do a little hunting but I found a postcard of Wrigley Field to send to our friends who are Cubbie fans.

Mike

Good pic. Never been there but would love to one day. Oh yes....it's 73 and sunny here today. Too hot for this time of the year.

According to the 'weatherman' we will be above 0F on Sat. for the first time in 2 weeks. Anybody want to bet on his accuracy?

Sunny & 60 degrees here in E. Texas today. Low of 37 tonight though - brrrrr!

Oh well, low tomorrow night supposed to be 52 - so maybe we'll go camping this weekend.

We'll get our dreary weather in Jan/Feb though.

We got more snow today, then some rain. It is freezing again now. It is very hard to get around on foot or in a car, and many bus routes are still shut down.

The worst was that this afternoon before things started freezing hard everytime you stepped down off the curb to cross a street you couldn't quite tell how deep the pool of freezing water and slush was.

I was planning a small cocktail party but had to cancel because the hills getting here are just too hazardous.

Ha

Sorry to hear so many of you have experienced such miserable weather. After a few days of overcast skies, fog, drizzle and temps in the 30's & 40's, the sun came out and we made it to 70 today. The next couple of days are expected to be slightly warmer.

Meanwhile the scorpions, fire ants, chiggers and other assorted critters continue to multiply and gain strength for the Spring invasion...

Sorry to hear so many of you have experienced such miserable weather. After a few days of overcast skies, fog, drizzle and temps in the 30's & 40's, the sun came out and we made it to 70 today. The next couple of days are expected to be slightly warmer.

Meanwhile the scorpions, fire ants, chiggers and other assorted critters continue to multiply and gain strength for the Spring invasion...

A below zero night or two does cut back on the bugs the following summer.

Sorry about some of the miserable weather we are having high 70's here in Florida . I'm having a bunch for Christmas dinner so it looks like we'll be eating on the deck . Merry Christmas to all .

We got more snow today, then some rain. It is freezing again now. It is very hard to get around on foot or in a car, and many bus routes are still shut down.

The worst was that this afternoon before things started freezing hard everytime you stepped down off the curb to cross a street you couldn't quite tell how deep the pool of freezing water and slush was.

I was planning a small cocktail party but had to cancel because the hills getting here are just too hazardous.

Ha

Yeah, I saw your nasty weather on the news the other night. Do y'all ever have power outages during ice storms? Here in the south, if you can sniff the scent of ice in the air....the power is gone. :-\

It's 4°F here right now (10am). But the sun is out, it's not snowing and it's not windy - so it's actually a nice day out despite the temps...

I echo Rich in Tampa's comments. Everyone out there have a safe and Merry Christmas. Can't believe I'm reading all these wild theremometer readings while I sit here with the A/C running. I keep it set at 78 degrees and it kicked on a little while ago. It's been hitting 80 the last few days and again today and tomorrow. Darn--have to play golf again tomorrow.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Please have a safe holiday.

It's 4°F here right now (10am). But the sun is out, it's not snowing and it's not windy - so it's actually a nice day out despite the temps...
Same thing here to the west of ya an hour or so! S'posed to be upper 20's today...40's t'morrow...and maybe 50 on Saturday!!! Yippee Yahoo!!! Winter's over!!! (in my dreams!!!) :rolleyes:

Florida's only 7 weeks & 2 days away!!! But who's counting? ME!!! :D

Well, I didn't buy the Yamaha, but I did buy a 2008 Suzuki C90T motorcycle, black in color. With the economy supposedly going down the tubes this makes sense, no? I won't actually get it until next week because the dealer has to order some of the extras (driving lights, tachometer, luggage rack, etc.) that I want on it.

At the moment our driveway is covered with ice. I guess my timing could be better.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/C90TK9
That is one hot ride, Walt! Screw the economy, you only live once.... Keep the shiny side up! ;)

...oh and the weather...67 degrees and sunny....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom