This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early indications are promising on the metal roof we threw up last October. Our thermostat is set to 78 for cooling (that cheapskate gene), and the AC has barely kicked on at all today and the temp inside has been steady at 78 for the last three hours or so. Last summer our electric bills were close to $200. It'll be interesting to see how it compares this year, knowing that last summer was the worst here in a long time.

I don't turn on A/C until 85 or more (depending on humidity).

I have to thank all of you contributors to this thread, because reading these posts really cheers me up...

Way gorgeous display of natural fireworks just after dark last night as the cold front set off a lot of storm cells. Thought I was going to have to get the generator out as I have two incubators full of eggs but hydro was only off for a couple of minutes.

Hot, hot, hot again today (that's how we know we are living in New Orleans). Still, it is sunny and beautiful outside.

We thought of going to see Ironman II but the traffic was ridiculous, as it often is on beautiful Friday afternoons. So, we decided to do that another day and Frank dropped me off at my house.

So, since I had the entire afternoon I decided to vacuum the living room, including ALL the areas under and behind all the furniture. This was the thorough type of operation that involves moving all the furniture in the room to one side of the room, vacuuming, then moving all of it to the other side, vacuuming, then back to where it goes. It's only 81 inside the house today and I am wearing shorts, but I am glad it's done. I am sitting under the ceiling fan cooling off because that was enough for me to do today. :D

Time for another cool diet 7-up.

A high here today of 38 degrees with rain. It could be worse, south and west of here they are expecting 2 inches of snow.

Weatherman is saying possible shovelable snow saturday morning :(

Anyone want to trade their 90's, i'd gladly take them. A 7th month of winter is too much.:mad:

Heat wave, snow and tornados.....? :blink:

We've had all 3 here. Record highs a couple weeks ago, 3 tornados within 20 miles of me a couple days ago, and snow tomorrow.

A high here today of 38 degrees with rain. It could be worse, south and west of here they are expecting 2 inches of snow.

East of you we have this:

The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for St. Louis, Itasca, Lake, Carlton, Douglas, Pine and Bayfield counties.
As of 7 p.m., 2.1 inches of snow were reported in Duluth. So far, the greatest snow accumulation was reported southwest of Grand Rapids, where the storm has dumped 4 inches and counting.
The forecast says snow will continue to accumulate across much of Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin tonight, tapering off later. The largest snowfalls are expected to occur along and just south of the Iron Range.
Total snow accumulations of 2 to 5 inches are anticipated across most of the region.

A beautiful day here today with sunshine and temp into the mid 60's. My kind of weather!

Had a hail storm yesterday, 39 mph winds (with no electricity) this morning, and 1.65 inches of rain and frost advisory in the forecast.

This morning a nearby lightning strike caused a power surge, setting off our home alarm system and blasting us awake at 5:10 AM. Fried something in the system rendering the key pad inoperative. To finally shut it off I had to find and turn off the breaker, then get into the alarm system control box and disconnect the back-up battery. Not a recommended way to start the day.
img_936513_0_7dab5df9aa0afbe36d0aad4feb743f62.gif

We're currently being pounded by a series of very strong thunderstorms. Pea sized hail is clogging the rain gutters causing them to overflow.

We're currently being pounded by a series of very strong thunderstorms. Pea sized hail is clogging the rain gutters causing them to overflow.
It's almost here. The sky is turning that funny color and thunder is increasingly pounding away in the distance.

Four hours later we're still getting pounded by thunderstorms. They keep building on top of us, one after another, more hail and over five inches of rain so far.

Do you have problems with washouts on top of that hill?
Thankfully no, other than a small one in my driveway.

Have the fire ants formed balls of ants to float away?
If they haven't I suspect they are sending out ball invitations as I type this...

Five hours of back-to-back thunderstorms and 5.75 inches in my rain gauge. Looks like we might be in for a short break but radar shows another line 10 miles away heading this way. This is crazy.

Wow, REWahoo! That's a LOT of rain. Hope you don't have to go out in it. I would imagine your local news is going to have footage of lots of folks who did, standing on the roofs of their cars in rising water.

And what a way to awaken! I have had nightmares more pleasant than that.

Sunny and muggy, here, which is typical New Orleans in May. Hurricane season is less than three weeks away, so I am starting to think about emptying out my freezer (by not buying more frozen foods, and gradually eating what I have). There is NO WAY that I am ever going to let the beautiful refrigerator/freezer that I bought after Katrina end up stinking on the curb like the last one. Frank is thinking about where (in Springfield) we would stay in case of another long term evacuation this summer.

Hurricane season is less than three weeks away, so I am starting to think about emptying out my freezer (by not buying more frozen foods, and gradually eating what I have). There is NO WAY that I am ever going to let the beautiful refrigerator/freezer that I bought after Katrina end up stinking on the curb like the last one. Frank is thinking about where (in Springfield) we would stay in case of another long term evacuation this summer.
Your situation reminds me of how very fortunate we are in living 150 miles inland and near the top of a hill....

Four hours later we're still getting pounded by thunderstorms. They keep building on top of us, one after another, more hail and over five inches of rain so far.

Again, I don't understand. It was quite white and very lovely when it passed through here. You must have done something to offend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom