Time to come clean...

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Though I've continued to promote the Bogle/Bernstein investment philosophy as long as I've been a member here, including refraining from market timing, I fell off the wagon some time ago. Last year I sold off a large portion of our equity funds and resumed trading individual stocks (as when I was younger). Fortunately my timing was good and we increased our net worth considerably last year. However, with the market near all time highs, we sold almost everything in Jan, and now hold less than 10% equity. And with bonds certain to take a nose dive, we sold them all as well. So we're mostly in cash and cash equivalents, keeping our powder dry waiting for the best time to get back in.

And while I've defended retirement AND work both as valid options, I went back to work with my former Megacorp in Jan as well. So my retirement lasted about 2-1/2 years, but I got bored and went back to work. It'll be nice to have two incomes again, and I am enjoying the challenges of work once again.

I apologize for misrepresenting myself here for the past year or so...I feel better having finally come clean.

Last edited:
Though I've continued to promote the Bogle/Bernstein investment philosophy as long as I've been a member here, including refraining from market timing, I fell off the wagon some time ago. Last year I sold off a large portion of my equity funds and resumed trading individual stocks (as when I was younger). Fortunately my timing was good and we increased our net worth considerably last year. However, with the market near all time highs, we sold almost everything in Jan, and now hold less than 10% equity. And with bonds certain to take a nose dive, we sold them all as well. So we're most in cash and cash equivalents, keeping our powder dry waiting for the best time to get back in.

And while I've defended retirement AND work both as valid options, I went back to work with my former Megacorp in Jan as well. So my retirement lasted about 2-1/2 years, but I got bored and went back to work. It'll be nice to have two incomes again, and I am enjoying the challenges of work once again.

I apologize for misrepresenting myself here for the past year or so...I feel better having finally come clean.
Wow. Another example of how you can be anyone you want to be on the internet.

You know it doesn't really matter if rewahoo did a little april fools joke on us or not, does it?

After 32000 posts, many of you know him/her better than me but some of us did like working for mega-corp......I didn't work for them.....I owned a small company....but individuals like Bob Lutz can't give it up and he is in his 80's. And, my fil is faithful to his stock broker and only buys individual stocks and does really well while I'm primarily in index stocks. But.....regardless, if we have our health, family and enough money to enjoy life, we won! And, I've won big and enjoy as well as learn from all of you every day when I open up this blog........ps......did really well with my muni bond interest this month!.......and, I'm buying a new Cadillac today!!!!!!

Where is Midpack and what have you done with him? Cute--I must admit that I fell for it at first!

Where is Midpack and what have you done with him? Cute--I must admit that I fell for it at first!
Tis the [-]season[/-] day... :D

Hmmm....what day is today?

<snip> we sold almost everything in Jan, and now hold less than 10% equity. And with bonds certain to take a nose dive, we sold them all as well. So we're mostly in cash and cash equivalents, keeping our powder dry waiting for the best time to get back in.

Wow, that was pretty radical. I'm really curious about what equities you held onto: so what does your "less then 10% equity" include?

Believable until the I returned to work full time . Consulting I could have believed .

Believable until the I returned to work full time . Consulting I could have believed .
It's a fine line. My objective was to make it believable enough to set the hook to start, and then go just a little over the top to give the reader a chance to realize they'd been had (so no one seriously overreacted)...looks like I was close.

Giving up retirement and returning to work isn't a joking matter in my world. :nonono:

+1

That's really bad joke and poor taste in my book. :nonono:

Just kidding!;)

Last edited:
It's a fine line. My objective was to make it believable enough to set the hook to start, and then go just a little over the top to give the reader a chance to realize they'd been had (so no one seriously overreacted)...looks like I was close.

Masterful. I salute you.

I do think this to be the best April 1st joke! :D

LOL. I was going to respond with "you, traitor, you" heading and go (down) from there.

Ok I believed you about falling off the wagon and trading individual stocks.

But when I saw the bored and went back to work line, I saw the 4/1/2014 on my computer and smiled.

Ok I believed you about falling off the wagon and trading individual stocks.

But when I saw the bored and went back to work line, I saw the 4/1/2014 on my computer and smiled.
Perfect...

Thank goodness this is a joke! Right? Otherwise, I would expect to soon see you in a Caddy commercial!!!

Back
Top Bottom