Tips for Father-of-the-Bride Toast?

Something I thought was cool at a wedding I was at...The DJ played a couple songs where he asked all those who have been married 10 years of more to come to the floor.

He then started eliminating the dance floor, only those married 15 years continue to dance, and only those married 20 years, and 25, and 30 and so on.

It builds up quite a fanfare for the few that are left dancing to the end!

They did that at DD's wedding too. It was fun, although DW and I were out there until almost the end. I'm not much of a dancer.

They did that at DD's wedding too. It was fun, although DW and I were out there until almost the end. I'm not much of a dancer.

We had two couples married 50 years be left on the dance floor at DD's wedding last month. They we married a month apart from each other. That was very cool. Lots of fun, that dance theme.

Something I thought was cool at a wedding I was at...The DJ played a couple songs where he asked all those who have been married 10 years of more to come to the floor.

He then started eliminating the dance floor, only those married 15 years continue to dance, and only those married 20 years, and 25, and 30 and so on.

It builds up quite a fanfare for the few that are left dancing to the end!

I've seen that at a few weddings we've been to. We are getting to the point of being some of the last ones up there! Hey, what happened, we got old??!!

As some of the couples we know (who were on their second marriages) went to sit down, I called out to them "Hey, he didn't ask how many years you were married to each other, just add 'em all up!". :LOL:

-ERD50

It went well--thanks for the tips.

Here it is:

Enjoyable Al. I may steal the two speeches line for my upcoming time in the spotlight.

Your daughter must have loved that your toast was 100 percent you. Well done!

It's funny how the mind works. When I first saw the subject title this AM, my first thought is that somebody had put a tip jar out at a wedding reception for the father of the bride. Maybe to help the poor guy pay for his darling little girl's wedding? That I could believe!

Back
Top Bottom