Toilet recommendation please.

I replaced the ancient but efficient water-guzzlers with a new less-water Toto a few years back. Great for one-sies, but two-sies often lead to multi-flushes to erase the er... scorchburns. Don't know if that's typical of low-gallon toilets in general, or Totos in particular.

After 20 years, both of my Kohler Rialto toilets are leaking water from the fill valves. Parts are hard to come by and my reasearch shows that Rialto is one of the worst models out there, though I have used them for the last twenty years.

Has anyone replaced their toilet lately and which brand or model has worked out for you? The Rialto is a one piece type. I have no experience with toilet replacement.

mP

Just replace mine recently. Watch out for the low flush units (all nowdays).

They come with your choice of 2 flushes. One for number 1 and the other for number 2.

Worse thing I noticed is to conserve water, the water level in the bowl is much lower. Visualize your bowl as a lake. Now pretend there is a drought and the water level is lower. This is a problem.

The bowl gets dirty much sooner, than before. Have to clean much more often.

This problem was mentioned on I think, "Ask this old house".

Flushing is no problem. Just the lower water level.

The bad part is , you will not realize there is an issue, until after you have installed the toilet.

Then it to much work, to take it out, return it, and look for a model that does not have this problem.:mad:

Fortunately the home handyman can easily correct such problems.

f6b26f6e-6f84-4e10-b97d-f11b240f487b.jpg
Uh, our door "swings out" on our smallest "room".

It's all in the planning, IMHO :cool: ....

Back
Top Bottom