Toyota Economic Loss Settlement

scrabbler1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
As an eligible member of a "class," I received a check from the Loss Settlement Administrator from a class action lawsuit about Toyota's Unintended Acceleration problem from a few years ago. My car, a 2007 Corolla, had no problems with unintended acceleration and I filed no claim. There was a minor recall of my car back in 2012 in which the local dealer replaced a small computer chip related to the shifting of the automatic transmission. The car was fine before and just as fine since then.

The check I received today was for.........drum roll please......$8.97! I can buy about 2 1/2 gallons of gas with that check.

Anyone else receive a check for this or any other amount from this class action lawsuit?

Last edited:
And the lawyers got ...........?

-ERD50

That's more than I ever got from any of the Class Actions I've been a part of. I think I got less than $2 from one once. Now I tend to throw them away without following up.

As a current owner of 2 Toyotas, between the various technical issues Toyota has had in the past few years, and the fact our newest Toyota doesn't seem to be of the same quality - we're not as big a fan of Toyota as we once were. Almost bought a Ford last time around...and our last "domestic" car was 1976.

My wife got an unintended acceleration check for a few bucks too. I think it was for a Previa, but could have been for a Seinna. My DW "took care of it" since she was the owner of the vans, so I don't have details.

Looks like I'll be buying the beer the next time we get together. My check came to almost $30.

Previously, I was part of a class-action settlement with a certain video rental company. I got coupons good for a discount on my next few rentals. The lawyers got tens of millions of dollars. I can' tell you how happy I am that these lawyers represented my interests so well.:rolleyes: Nobody could have done a better job.

DH got one the other day for $29.86. It's for the 2003 Camry that I drive.

We've never had a problem with unintended acceleration. And neither of us remembered joining a class action. Doesn't mean we never joined, just that neither of us remembered doing it!

I got a $6 settlement from Hertz car rentals for a plate pass toll billing violation. I often wondered about the big charges and fees for this service.
Now that I think about it , since it was while travelling on company business I should turn it over to our corporate travel dept.

I once got about $50 from a class action suit from Discover for selling FAKO credit monitoring without disclosing that's what it was to customers. That was back in my terrible credit -- and low financial information -- days.
Recently, I filed for a $10 settlement from Red Bull energy drink because they overstated the beverage's caffeine vs. coffee. That class action suit was for anyone who purchased a Red Bull between 2002 and recently and I used to drink Red Bull back in my college term paper cramming days. I don't mind the free $10. That'll pay for some groceries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom