What are y'all doing this w.e.

Tomorrow I will be in our local Thanksgiving Parade. We decorate my buddy's utility trailer, and collect non-perishable food items in boxes during the parade for the local food pantry.

After the parade, they have a Christmas tree lighting ceremony at Village Hall, where you can buy hot chocolate, food, holiday gifts, and of course booze for the adult crowd.......:)

Gimme some ideas...

Well, what I hoped to be doing this weekend got shot down. I could mention my substitute activity, but you can probably do a lot better on your own. :duh:

Ha

I dunno, the most fun thing I can think of is completing my short story..."A Man and His Ball". Of course a shot or two of JD being consumed while writing makes the story really funny....;)

Rough draft for term paper is due 11:55 p.m. Sunday. But being that I'm 62 years old, I don't take it too seriously. It's an art history class, wrote some b.s. this morning, will add some quotes and photos and let it go at that.

Tonight meeting the gang for College Night at the Museum. Need to take another look at one of the paintings, what is that blurry thing in the middle left side? Free night for students but the wine is $5.00/glass.

Will take care of the after effects at the coffee shop on Saturday.

Today I'm off to a sawmill
Tomorrow I'll hunker down at a Barnes and Noble while DW is getting a facial
Sunday I'll watch the Bears, do some woodworking, and fertilize the lawn weather permitting
Plus I have to replace the gas line on my gas grill that a critter chewed through

Pretty much what we do every day. A little surfing, a little home improvement, a few chores, some reading & computer work, perhaps a little napping. Maybe some other activities while our kid is at a women's-only taekwondo clinic and we grownups are home alone. A neighborhood walk after dinner.

Laying low until Monday after rush hour, when it's safe to go out in public again.

Mandatory fun run....
Gosh I miss the high-stress socializing. NOT.

Rake leaves... for the third time this week.
Watch some college football.
Play Wii Ski.
Get started on Xmas gift list.

We happen to have a really fun weekend planned out. We traveled to DH's hometown to take in a concert and a football game. We are in Kansas City, MO. Last night we went to see Cold Play at the Sprint Center (awesome show!) and then went out dancing in the Power and Light district (Power & Light District). Who knew KC's downtown could be so cool? What a blast!

Tonight we will be playing poker at SIL's house and then going out to play pool at a local bar. Tomorrow just chilling out with family then out again in the eve to a nightclub for more dancing. Sunday we have tix to see the Chiefs on the 50 yd line...not expecting to win but looking forward to tailgaiting!

Back home Monday a.m. and back to w*rk!

College Football, clean basement, put out a few Ebay auctions, eat my wife's pea soup while it's 35 and raining.

Tomorrow, we are meeting some friends and enjoying some activities at our local college, WVU, for Mountaineer Week. We are going to an Arts and Craft show, having dinner (ghost stories are supposed to be told during dinner) and then going to the Fiddler Contest. We have tickets to the WVU basketball game, but decided not to go since DH wanted to go to Fiddler's Contest. Sunday, we are early morning ushers at church and then I will be helping to cook and clean up for the Thanksgiving dinner at our church. Our college ministry is doing the dinner, but they needed help.

Same thing I do every weekend: attempt to recover from yet another soul-sucking work week.

I'll be taking a Hapkido class tonight and a Tae Kwon Do class tomorrow morning. Sunday I'll watch the Eagles/Bengals game. I need to make a deposit at the bank. I really should get new loafers for work, since the old ones have a bunch of holes in them. If I'm really ambitious, I might consider thinking about getting a new washer/dryer, since the dryer is nearly dead. I'll watch some movies and a couple of this week's TV shows.

Pretty much as little as possible.

I'm teaching a bunch of geezers to mix concrete and make decorative molds. Also, being in Vegas, the knowledge of concrete does come in handy for "extra work"

jug.

Installing a new desktop (Vista, shudder).

Installing a new desktop (Vista, shudder).

Running 32 bit Vista on one comp and 64 bit on the other. Not any problems I can think of regarding the OS. Ive heard the horror stories. So far knock on wood with me :)

Saturday we're going with the travel club at our bank, to Fireside Theater in Ft. Atkinson, WI for dinner and their Christmas show. The food is very good, and the show is always good.....so it should be a nice (loooong) day (about a 3 hour trip each way).

Sunday I need to empty gas out of all of lawn mowers, blowers, chipper, etc.....and take the battery out of the rider and store it in the house for the winter. Then we'll watch the last NASCAR race of the season...whoopy! After that I'm making up a batch of bagna calda for supper!!! You'll probably be able to smell it through your computer........LOTS of garlic!!!!

Other than that, I don't plan on doing much else!

Sat: NO alarm clock! Cooking....debate some more whether to buy a Vita Mix blender...college football...Working on team project for class - need to verify due date...maybe some research for term paper...I have "duty," so will be picking up 23 sailors at 0330 Sunday morning to take them to the airport to fly to their next destination to train with the Army prior to their deployment to "the sandbox"...NFL later...another weekend....

Back
Top Bottom