What do you watch on TV?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Interesting community, mostly anonymous and yet those who post often probably know each other to some extent. Thought it might be interesting to see what people like to watch as an insight, though as I look at my list it's probably misleading. Most of my biggest interests aren't on television. I assume this has been done before, but I don't remember when...

My top 5 network shows:
1 The Mentalist
2 The Big Bang Theory
5 really don't like most of what the big networks do any more

My top 5 cable shows:
1 No Reservations (ending, though will resurface in some form on CNN)
2 This Old House (I've watched every episode since season 1 in 1979)
3 Wheeler Dealers
4 Charlie Rose (great guests, varied topics, Charlie not as much)
5 Drinking Made Easy (though we drink very little, may remind me of college weekends)

Last edited:
I rarely watch TV any more and have cancelled all but the basic cable (the bundle includes internet and phone). But I did watch This Old House on my iPad last weekend. I do plan to watch the upcoming seasons of Mad Men and Downton Abbey when they are available on iTunes.

Our favorites (in no particular order):

Fringe
Grimm (damn them for putting this the same time as Fringe)
The Big Bang Theory
Person of Interest
Breaking Bad
Falling Skies

Going to watch The Walking Dead and Homeland (each from the beginning) from Netflix over the holidays since we missed those in their first seasons.

Currently: The Big Bang theory, Grimm, Homeland, the Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad.

Call the Midwife; Upsairs Downstairs; Foyle's War; and random episodes of Coronation Street.

I like all of these well enough to watch if I am around.

Ha

The Daily Show, Homeland, NCIS east and west, NOVA. DW watches a fair amount of stuff that I look up at now and then while reading like Criminal Minds.

I avoid TV that uses dizzying handheld camerawork and frenetic zoom, which means most recent dramas and reality shows go unwatched here. What's left are news and old movies, or streaming.

These days we pretty much watch Spanish language telenovelas on Univision. Kind of an educational exercise you might say :). Other than that, we watch some Hulu+ programming over Internet - mostly drama. Pretty much don't watch cable anymore. I watch quite a few videos on YouTube as well - there is some great free educational content available these days, and some of it offered in nice high definition that you can watch on a big screen HD TV.

News (local and national), CBS This Morning, Political Shows (such as Face the Nation, Meet The Press) at least until after election, Sports, Two and a Half Men reruns w/Charlie Sheen, Criminal Minds

My Top 5 Network Shows

Other
This Old House
Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
Through The Wormhole
How The Universe Works
Bitchin' Kitchen
House Hunters International
etc...

Watch Science, History, Cooking, Travel, HGTV, DIY, PBS, Sundance, CNBC (in the morning) and movies. TV rarely lands on a "network" channel, except for the occasional sports, weather, and such.

We only have over the air and Netflix. Had satellite but dumped it.

Fringe, Big Bang Theory, Call The Midwife, Breaking Bad (NetFlix), The Mentalist

Sports
Almost anything on History, Discovery, or HGTV channels
Dexter via Netflix (maybe 2 yrs behind)
Mad Men via Netflix (maybe 2 yrs behind0

My favorites:
The Good Wife
Dexter
NCIS
Homeland
Mentalist
Blue Bloods
Leverage
The Daily Show
SNL (sometimes)

Sunday mornings:
This Week with George S
Meet the Press

Breaking Bad
Modern Family
Daily Show
Colbert Report
Parks and Recreation
Mythbusters

I have to say we do like tv--many of the above shows as well as

Shark Tank
Amazing Race
Psych
Chicago Fire
Downton Abbey
Modern Family
Happy Endings

and the occasional Law&Order rerun.

In no order:
Big Bang Theory
Mythbusters
Antiques Roadshow
South Park
Top Gear
Storage Wars
Fringe

Fringe
Grimm
Person of Interest
NFL Football
Formula 1 racing
Revenge
How I met Your Mother
The Mentalist
666 Park Avenue
We have to wait until Game of Thrones hits Blu-Ray to watch it.

Favorites are:

Big Bang Theory
Castle
How I Met Your Mother
Futurama
Shark Tank

Plus lots of stuff I'd categorize as "background TV" meaning we leave it on while we multitask. The stuff above I actually pay attention to. :)

NFL Football
Person of Interest
Modern Family
Alps From Above
Baltic Coasts

Imus in the morning
College Football
Daily Show
Charlie Rose
Bill O'Reilly
NBC Evening News
Justified