What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It used to be biodegradable and then they changed the formula.

Deer, bear, rabbits, etc do the same thing in the woods... gross.
It is still biodegradable, but I don't want it biodegrading on my car's carpeting or my entryway mat. :(

When humans in the western world are observed by aliens from outlying galaxies, they will think that dogs are gods and we revere their poop.:angel:

Toss in cats with that also. As a child I used to think it was hilarious that the Egyptians worshiped cats. Now I realize those ancient Egyptians can't hold a candle to most of my cat owning friends.

Last edited:
Are we really arguing that it’s okay to let your pet crap any old where, then just leave it?

Six months ago I declined x-rays, since they had been done six months prior, at the dentist.

Today I went in for 6-month cleaning, and he took x-rays. They did not turn out well, so he took another set. Lol, but I am peeved.

Are we really arguing that it’s okay to let your pet crap any old where, then just leave it?

I don't think anyone is saying that. At least I sure hope not.

Six months ago I declined x-rays, since they had been done six months prior, at the dentist.

Today I went in for 6-month cleaning, and he took x-rays. They did not turn out well, so he took another set. Lol, but I am peeved.

You are concerned about having 2-3 x-rays in a year? I had 3 bone-related surgeries within less than 1.5 years. I must have had over 30 x-rays in that time and no one showed any concern about that. I think you will be fine.

It used to be biodegradable and then they changed the formula.

Deer, bear, rabbits, etc do the same thing in the woods... gross.

I remember the days when nobody picked up their dog's poop. It seems strange to me to see people do it now.

I don't think anyone is saying that. At least I sure hope not.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but these comments seemed to indicate sarcasm toward the idea of cleaning up after one’s pet...

Not sarcasm. It's just an observation about an odd way in which societal expectations have changed. If we all put our minds to it, I'm sure we could think of many more changes.

Not sarcasm. It's just an observation about an odd way in which societal expectations have changed. If we all put our minds to it, I'm sure we could think of many more changes.

To me it's one of those things that should have been obvious from the start. Similar to how smoking in an enclosed area like an airplane should never have been allowed and just seems crazy to imagine now.

Part of it may well be the extent of development in some areas. Where I grew up there was no shortage of open fields and wooded areas for dogs to run around in and they seemed to get the idea that was the go-to spot so it wasn't an issue.

Now, good luck finding an undeveloped square foot in that area.

Exactly... I don't think that anyone would have given dog poop a second thought in 60s... the thinking then was that after then next rainstorm or two it would be gone and fertilizing the ground that it was on.

Dog poop sure didn't bother Cheech and Chong.

The movie where a dog eats their stash. Maybe that's where the idea of picking up dog poop in bags came from?

Last edited:
...... Where I grew up there was no shortage of open fields and wooded areas for dogs to run around in......

Now, good luck finding an undeveloped square foot in that area.

+1 on the never ending development of every square foot. I just saw a sign for a new 'community'. I had to look hard and saw 2 or 3 big condo bldgs behind and already existing building. You have to drive between 2 bldgs just to get into the new 'community'. It just.....never.....ends. It's getting claustrophobic to drive down the main road. Buildings hemming you in everywhere. And more traffic to slow me down too. Argggggg. Peeve, peeve, peeve... Progress, Bah Humbug.

American engineering that produces toilet seat slow close hinges that can not work.
What clean lines! Seat looked great until I sat down.
Form is important, but function is a must.

Booked a flight to Hong Kong at 1100. Price dropped to 703. Yeah I refared! Can't select seat bc it's thru Princess but they can see me on plane. So I call to get my seat back & 1st person says I can't get it until confirmed by Princess. So I have to hang up and go through the prompts again. 2nd guy does it in less than 30 sec. Why wouldn't 1st one ![emoji35][emoji2957]!

American engineering that produces toilet seat slow close hinges that can not work.
What clean lines! Seat looked great until I sat down.
Form is important, but function is a must.
could be a defective seat. we’ve had ours for srveral years now.

I asked a dentist friend, "How often do you think someone should have a full set of dental x-rays?"

His answer: "Every ten years or never. "

That was about 12 years ago and I haven't had any x-rays since then, but I'm not as worried about the expense now, so I might let them take some.

My landline is out

Just discovered my LL is out. No dial tone or anything. Called Frontier and got the usual press XX then press YY, etc.
I finally went on line and they confirmed it is a line problem, probably due to the heavy rains we had recently. The soonest appointment for a tech is Monday GRRR

Just watched a pilot for a new series. Good guy shoots bad guy in left shoulder. Two scenes later and the blood spot is on his right shoulder!
Someone please pay attention when shooting these scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom