What was/is your occupation?

Ok, only 7 more to go and we got ourselves a calendar! :D

Horse and carriage driver in Central Park, NYC
Horse manure shoveler/college student
Realtime SW engineer
Disabled

Programmer/analyst, National healthcare. And a bunch of other stuff leading up to that.

Here I am, in the orange brain bucket.

See? I look better from a distance.

-CC

Attachments

• RCB.jpg
    RCB.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 44
  • RCB.jpg_thumb
    16.5 KB · Views: 9
Information Assurance Engineer ( That means computer security somehow)

But this is a picture of me starting my favorite job:

img_475675_0_b19b1f552afd2b935bb363cd5f64ca18.jpg

Currently - earthquake seismologist, computer scientist, visiting research geophysicist

I'm the one in the middle not holding a machine gun
img_475693_0_4b9d05663b2a08bce0af6a8b233562db.jpg

Cool...keep those messages and pics coming....

I can just see it now.........THE MEN OF FIRE calendar.

:D

cube_rat said:
I think all of the men on this board need to post their past career pics :D

I had to dig around for mine....nobody ever bothered to come into the lab, especially anyone with a camera!

This is the picture that I put into our annual report last year that was given to the City fathers and the state EPA. A photo of each of the employees was supposed to be in the report. Everyone else's was.....this was mine! Originally intended as a prank, it slipped under my bosses radar and made it into our final presentation copy!!! :LOL:

Attachments

• another day in the lab.jpg
    another day in the lab.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 36
  • another day in the lab.jpg_thumb
    41 KB · Views: 3
Crop picker
Medical transcriptionist
Cashier
Software engineer
Program manager
...and in a few more years.... Early Retiree

(as for a picture -- that's me in the avatar)

I'm the one in the middle not holding a machine gun

Been there, done that! I worked in mountains of eastern Turkey in the 1987 when the Kurds were kidnapping busloads of western tourists there. We were located 60 miles from the USSR, Iran, Iraq, and Syria. If things went to h*ll we were going to jump in the vehicles and blast off for Iraq since that was the only stable country in the region! :eek:

Linney said:
Crop picker
Medical transcriptionist
Cashier
Software engineer
Program manager
...and in a few more years.... Early Retiree

(as for a picture -- that's me in the avatar)

Really? Can we get a larger version:confused:

scrinch said:
Been there, done that! I worked in mountains of eastern Turkey in the 1987 when the Kurds were kidnapping busloads of western tourists there. We were located 60 miles from the USSR, Iran, Iraq, and Syria. If things went to h*ll we were going to jump in the vehicles and blast off for Iraq since that was the only stable country in the region! :eek:

Well, there you go. That particular picture was from the mountains of eastern Turkey, but from 1989.

Well, there you go. That particular picture was from the mountains of eastern Turkey, but from 1989.

We ran MT and TDEM surveys around Nemrut volcano at the west end of Lake Van, and then drilled some exploratory geothermal wells. What were you doing there?

Yo,

Bag boy, Mailroom clerk, Mailroom driver, Short Order Cook, Electronic Test Tech, Digital Engineer, Direct Sales Engineer, Manufacturer's Rep, President/Owner Manufacturer's Rep. Fat Dumb and Happy Early retiree....

Dreams can come true it can happen to you..

W

scrinch said:
We ran MT and TDEM surveys around Nemrut volcano at the west end of Lake Van, and then drilled some exploratory geothermal wells. What were you doing there?

It was a GPS field campaign designed to measure the strain accumulation across the Anatolian fault system (and elsewhere in the eastern Mediterranean region). We didn't go as far east as Lake Van, although we traveled to multiple sites throughout eastern Turkey. I was a graduate student at Caltech at the time, although I was working with collaborators at MIT.

Well, I'm a bit lot humbled by what I've seen so far. I was nothing more than a machinist for 37 years. I did manage to somehow put 2 kids through college, pay for a house, and get where I am today. Being frugal and investing wisely does pay off in the end.

Poundkey said:
Well, I'm a bit lot humbled by what I've seen so far.

I suspect the ones who should be humbled are those who had "impressive" jobs and didn't fare as well at reaching FIRE as those with more middle of the road careers. IMHO, you should be very proud of what you've achieved.

Laurence said:
Information Assurance Engineer ( That means computer security somehow)

But this is a picture of me starting my favorite job:

img_475792_0_b19b1f552afd2b935bb363cd5f64ca18.jpg

Don't you mean it is the final product of your favorite job? ;)

babysitter, gassed airplanes, pension admin, secretary, truck driver, owned auto parts store, Compliance Officer for Wage & Hour (USD0L), student, snack bar hostess, newspaper route administrator, sales demonstrator, Investigator for Dept of Transporation (USDOT)+++ can't remember them all. Hopefully ER in 3 years.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
Isn't that the Edmund Fitzgerald?

No!! I was actually out on northern Lake Huron when the Fitzgerald went down--but on a smaller, safer boat.

REWahoo! said:
How did he get the head injury?

Maybe from the brass nozzle? It's always a good idea to keep both hands on it--or put it in a safe place. ;)

REWahoo! said:
How did he get the head injury?

I KNEW I should have gotten up a little earlier this morning...

All y'all do know that the boat Greg is spraying is composed entirely of gold?

Back
Top Bottom