Why you chose your forum screen name

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Forgive me if this has been asked before. My screen name is pretty boring and unimaginative - my first name and year of birth. I notice others are more creative. Does anyone want to share how they came up with theirs?

My screen name was [-]stolen[/-]borrowed from the name of a ski boat of a teenage friend - it seemed appropriate when you were being towed behind that boat.

My avatar is a photo of an unusual "sun dog" on the horizon at dawn a couple days after I went off payroll in February.

For security purposes, you should also choose a forum name that does not show any of your personal information like name and year of birth.

I think that you can change your forum name.

Yakers= kayakers, which DW & I do whenever we can but not as often as we would like to.

Rusty Shackleford was my first choice . . . and it was already taken. I went with the more formal-sounding name that I have.

:)

My first XO was jealous that Navy aviators had personal call signs, but not submariners. He'd heard that squadron XOs handed out those call signs to their junior officers, so he handed out his own to our officers. His call sign was "XO" (or with unprintable modifiers), but mine became "Nords".

I started using it here out of hopes that he'd see it online someday and we'd reconnect. We managed to figure that out a couple years ago on Linkedin.

Mine was my anticipated year of retirement, but now I'm shooting for 2033.

If I used my real name my identity would be discovered and those nice men in white coats would come by, pick me up and bring me back to my old room at the asylum. So I chose the name of one of the greatest US presidents.

I/DW have had many rescued dogs (Shelties) over the years.

The avatar is one of the "Babson Boulders" and shows the one how we live from a financial perspective :cool: ...

Roger Babson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks. I was having trouble reading the inscription. It is just on the edge of my poor eyes' resolution.

I work all over the world, partly due to being unable to hold a real job.

The avatar these days is the symbol of the Richland, WA high school football team, the Richland Bombers. You may be able to make out the words "Proud of the Cloud". Richland is where some of the first atom bombs were built. I am totally politically-incorrect and have no shame. I picked this one after I lost the animated Flying Spaghetti Monster avatar. (If anyone knows where to find it again, please let me know.)

The tag lines come from two songs I heard on the radio. Priceless.

I'm boring too. I just contract part of my first and last names. I date back online to an early period when people were not extremely paranoid and usernames were short to save space. :). Also, I figure if someone wants to stalk or kill me they will be able to do it whether I keep secret on the Internet or not.

Because everyone should have a "Hobbes" in their life.
Whether a Pet, Partner or Friend...
While I have great Dogs... I'm still "seeking" my human "Hobbes" - or whatever the female equivalent would be.

Because everyone should have a "Hobbes" in their life.
Whether a Pet, Partner or Friend...
While I have great Dogs... I'm still "seeking" my human "Hobbes" - or whatever the female equivalent would be.

Always adored Calvin and his Hobbes.

DH named me after what he saw as some fortunate financial decisions on my part (ditch the then-healthy 401k company stock the minute there were other options was a big one). But he's much more the BHE (Besthobbesever :)) for me.

Last edited:
I was a slave to my j*b and lost sight of what's truly important in life. 'behappy' is a reminder of what I want. The avatar stands for happiness in Chinese and Japanese. No I'm neither one of these.

I'm not hiding from any one yet so, yes, Richard is my real name and the 4444, well - just had to think of something fast - has no other conscious meaning. I actually took that pic of the Bull Shark circling me and, as it could have been a game changing moment, I chose it as my avatar. As for a sig, I'm working on a few... but then again, too few to mention.

Name, self explanatory...

Avatar...:blush: ... an ego trip. Other choice was:
img_1259183_0_4388f682bd5246434d77ac4805a08e1e.jpg

different people... same sobriquet/

Last edited:
I have had almost pure white hair since my mid 30's. (My mom did too....thanks mom.) I prefer to think of it as Silver. And I like the look of this silver moon.

From living on the lake and usually having a water loving dog (or two).

Back
Top Bottom