Yet another thread on how fat you are....lose weight and save at the pump!

[ the typical driver — someone who records less than 12,000 miles annually — would use roughly 18 fewer gallons of gas over the course of a year by losing 100 pounds.

Now that I'm ER'd, I may only drive 6k miles. Guess I need to lose 200 lbs! Better get on that right away! ;)

youbet said:
[ the typical driver — someone who records less than 12,000 miles annually — would use roughly 18 fewer gallons of gas over the course of a year by losing 100 pounds.

Now that I'm ER'd, I may only drive 6k miles. Guess I need to lose 200 lbs! Better get on that right away! ;)

And to think, you wanted to car pool, I think we better make that 400 Ibs. I'll start by cutting out the midnight snacks. But I can't cut out the breakfast at the "Y".

My Dream said:
And to think, you wanted to car pool, I think we better make that 400 Ibs. I'll start by cutting out the midnight snacks. But I can't cut out the breakfast at the "Y".

Why not? Starvation is key to a lean body. ;)

My Dream said:
But I can't cut out the breakfast at the "Y".

As Jill Clayburgh's character said in a Burt Reynolds movie, "Mighty tasty but not very nutritious."

Mike D.

A fatso that looses a lot will finally fit in something smaller than a suburban or hummer - that is another savings.

Ever seen the fatsos at Walmart? They don't even bother to walk in the store no more. They park their big butts in the handicap scooters and drive around. It takes a lot of effort to hang on to these preciously gained pounds.

Vicky

Let's see . . . the"typical driver" might weigh in at about 180 pounds, averaged over male and female. He, or perhaps she, should lose 100 pounds. The "typical driver" would then weigh about 80 pounds. Imagine a nation of 80 pound adults. Hundred pound guys and 60 pound women.

jeff2006 said:
Imagine a nation of 80 pound adults. Hundred pound guys and 60 pound women.

I imagine gas consumption would drop dramatically. Everyone would be too frail to drive.

In cold climates a large person brings more heat into the car and requires fewer square feet of space be heated by the heater. That must represent some energy advantage. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's actually a bit of a catch-22....

An obese person has a lot of extra padding. If they get in an accident, they have lots of extra cushion to absorb the energy of the impact (ignoring, for a moment, what happens when their car gets crushed and they can't get extracted w/o the Jaws of Life because they are too large). They often drive larger SUVs because they like the extra room.

So, we are telling them to lose weight.

However, we are also telling people to stop driving heavy SUVs because they pose a higher risk to hurting people if they get in accidents with smaller, lighter cars.

The solution? Restrict SUV sales to those who have 10% or less body fat, since they need the most protection in an accident. Leave the obese people with 30% or more body fact to the skimpy gas-sipping cars that will barely allow them to get 1 leg in, let alone their whole body.

sgeeeee said:
In cold climates a large person brings more heat into the car and requires fewer square feet of space be heated by the heater. That must represent some energy advantage. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Heating cars is done with waste heat - but you probably knew that.

Ha

vic said:
Ever seen the fatsos at Walmart? They don't even bother to walk in the store no more. They park their big butts in the handicap scooters and drive around. It takes a lot of effort to hang on to these preciously gained pounds.

The irony is that medicare (translation:us) are paying for the scooters.
I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Back
Top Bottom