Are you now worried about fake early SS?

There has to be a better way to identify you. SS #, DL #, birthday, address, really? Seems like all this info is easily attainable from one source or another. Why don't they ask you stuff like, what city was your mother born in or what country did your grandparents immigrate from? There has to be information that is unknown to anyone but you. Some identity theft is done by a family member. My siblings would have no idea what my best friends dad did for a living. Nor would my DH.
You don't have to answer these questions honestly as long as you write down the answer you gave.

You don't have to answer these questions honestly as long as you write down the answer you gave.

Always makes me laugh that people give the real name of their best friend in high school. A friend of mine is best friends with the Easter Bunny.:LOL:

Unbeknown to my mother she has two maiden names. We are also one of the few couples that were married in two different places (shangrila?). I had two best friends, and celebrate two birthdays, etc. :dance:

And fingerprints, I think about 5 million individuals' fingerprints.

Ummm...does the OPM breach affect only civilians?

Oldest kid is active duty & the clearance they currently have required an extensive background check.

Last edited:
Ummm...does the OPM breach affect only civilians?

Oldest kid is active duty & the clearance they currently have required an extensive background check.

I can't recall if military were affected by the OPM hack, but if your child was affected, then he/she received a letter in the mail as well as several emails while the breach was being investigated. If you were affected because you were listed on his/her security clearance application, then you were also notified by letter.

I was affected and got lots of info during the investigation as well as a final letter at home. DH was affected because his info is on my SF 86 as well as those of a few friends, and he got also got a letter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom