Best CD & MM Rates Thread 2019 - Please post updates here

With millions of dollars now becoming "available" from that Ally bonus special I wonder if anyone including Ally have plans to entice people with a new special program or higher rate? It'll be interesting to see.....

I'm wondering the same thing.
Ally's 14-month Select CD special is holding firm at 2.85% as I write this.
https://www.ally.com/learn/selectcd-14m/

Ally may be great for most things. But IRA'a are not one of them.
Transferring out is a nightmare. Just a heads up.

Upgraded my Ally 11 month no penalty CDs plus took advantage of the special 14 month 2.85% CD offer today.

Got notice today that my $500 bonus for opening and keeping the breakable will be credited by February 5th. Opened a Navy Fed 3.25 add-on CD last week and set up the link for the new home for part of the cash.

Getting $100.00 at Navy for opening a new IRA. 3.75% 40 month 150K max.
Nothing though for my new 3,25% 17 month 50k max regular CD.
$100.00 not a big deal, but better than nothing...Great rates though..
https://www.navyfederal.org/savings-season-2019/save-money.php

Ally 5 yr still at 3.1%. Schwab down to 3.2%. Opened a new IRA at Pen Fed 3.4% 5 yr.
Mountain America Cr union still at 3.51% / for months now...
Pays to shop.

Last edited:
Any feedback on North Pointe bank 5 year 3.60%? easy to deal with ?

Upgraded my Ally 11 month no penalty CDs plus took advantage of the special 14 month 2.85% CD offer today.

I did that too yesterday, while waiting for a better rate that doesn't have a I yr EWP.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I did that too yesterday, while waiting for a better rate that doesn't have a I yr EWP.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

The Ally EWPs for up 24 months CDs 60 days seem quite generous. And only 90 days up to 36 months or maybe just under.

We made arrangements to open a 17 mo 3.25% CD at Navy Federal for $50. yesterday, after a weeklong process of becoming members. We plan to break a no penalty CD at Ally to fund the remainder of the $50,000 max. Today is the day which the bonus offer stated funds must be retained to, in order to receive the $1,000 offer. Does anyone know if we can remove funds today, or wait until tomorrow? I suppose it makes sense to just wait until tomorrow to push the funds from Ally to NFCU.

I opened one the other day and because I have been an NFCU member for over 25 years, the 3.25% was bumped to 3.45%. Every little bit helps! :)

Mike

Ally online savings boosted to 2.20%.

Oh - from 2%. That's quite a jump!

I had moved most funds into no penalty CDs to get a higher rate.

Yeah me too, but I still keep the yearly withdrawal in the online savings account and move it over monthly as scheduled to BOA for bills.

Yeah me too, but I still keep the yearly withdrawal in the online savings account and move it over monthly as scheduled to BOA for bills.
My annual spending funds are at American Express Bank. Ally is usually trailing them slightly in terms of their high yield rate. My funds at Ally and Synchrony savings and CDs are part of my retirement portfolio.

American Express bank probably won't take long to catch up.

I opened one the other day and because I have been an NFCU member for over 25 years, the 3.25% was bumped to 3.45%. Every little bit helps! :)

Mike

Tell us more! Is the boost for being a 25 yr member a formal policy? I've never heard of that before.

Ally online savings boosted to 2.20%.

Oh - from 2%. That's quite a jump!

I had moved most funds into no penalty CDs to get a higher rate.

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I'm logged on to my Ally account and my dashboard doesn't show the new interest rate yet, just the old 2% rate. But the new 2.2% rate does show up in the Explore Products & Rates section - I guess my dashboard hasn't been updated yet. Or maybe they hate me ...

I was thinking of moving some funds but now I won't bother, unless the NP CDs follow with an interest rate jump of their own. So thanks for saving me some hassle! :flowers:

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I'm logged on to my Ally account and my dashboard doesn't show the new interest rate yet, just the old 2% rate. But the new 2.2% rate does show up in the Explore Products & Rates section - I guess my dashboard hasn't been updated yet. Or maybe they hate me ...

I was thinking of moving some funds but now I won't bother, unless the NP CDs follow with an interest rate jump of their own. So thanks for saving me some hassle! :flowers:

As a reminder, the Ally "No Penalty CD" is at 2.30%. Only need to keep the CD for 6 days without penalty.

As a reminder, the Ally "No Penalty CD" is at 2.30%. Only need to keep the CD for 6 days without penalty.

This is correct for the No Penalty CDs with $25,000 or more. I just bumped mine up to the higher rate as well.

However for No Penalty CDs under that amount, the interest is lower -- 2.15% for $5000 - $24999, and a paltry 1.8% for $1 - $4999.

Getting $100.00 at Navy for opening a new IRA. 3.75% 40 month 150K max.
Nothing though for my new 3,25% 17 month 50k max regular CD.
$100.00 not a big deal, but better than nothing...Great rates though..
https://www.navyfederal.org/savings-season-2019/save-money.php

Ally 5 yr still at 3.1%. Schwab down to 3.2%. Opened a new IRA at Pen Fed 3.4% 5 yr.
Mountain America Cr union still at 3.51% / for months now...
Pays to shop.
My DH and I both just did IRA transfer to NFCU's 40 month CD and received no bonus? I didn't even know there was a bonus. How did you hear about it?

Last edited:
I just noticed Penfed dropped their 5 year and 7 year CD rate from 3.5% APY to 3.35% APY for non-IRA CD.

So I just got in under the wire on the 3.50% deal. Got into a bunch of those a few days ago! But my old Penfed CDs which are renewing 1/24/19 will be renewing at the new 3.35% rate, assuming no further change. Arghhh. Oh well, I'm not going to shop around for a better deal.

Back
Top Bottom