31 December 2004

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
My official retirement date.

Have now been retired for four years.

Longer than I spent in college.

Have I learned the equivalent of a BA?

CONGRATULATIONS on reaching this milestone!! :D

And maybe you have learned more than that. Too bad nobody hands out some sort of official certificates in Successful Retirement Actualization to frame and display.

I don't even have an official retirement date. I left from a megacorp job to a couple of startups, which slowly atrophied away. So, when did I stop working? There was no definite date, only an asymptotic approach to zero.

Don't we all notice how a year goes by faster and faster as we age?

I remember my teenage years were full of excitement. Then, my college years, my first real job, my first house. Recently, it all becomes a blur.

I once thought I had my mid-life crisis when I was 30. Now, I am not sure any more. Perhaps it has been a continuous mid-life crisis for more than 20 years.

So how about giving us an update on what those 4 years have been like?

Also how has your portofolio fared over time? Given recent circumstances has it grown at all?

What have you enjoyed the most about the past 4 years and what has been the worst?

Ah, the memories. I hated that tune until the year the first clarinetist graduated. It ain't much of a melody but they finally let me play it. Try listening to the off beats, yuck.

Congrats on the RE plus four, Khan. I'm sure your replacements are as happy as I was to play the melody. Glad to see you on this side.

Have I learned the equivalent of a BA?

Did you finish all of the required courses?

Napping 101
Puttering 415
Forgetting What Day It Is 620
Hobbying 340
Wasting Time on Internet 410

Khan,

Congratulations on your BS in RE!
I also would be interested in hearing a summary of your RE thoughts since I am a newbie (REed almost 2 years).
I have a Daruma doll given to me. When I accomplish a successful RE, I will fill in the other eye as per the custom. After this year, it may be a while. Especially since I am considering going back to W*rk.

Free

Happy Anniversary Khan :D

WOW! Great image!

Ha

Yes, it worked great - now I'm off to bed, then travelling back to Louisiana tomorrow to start w*rk again. Sure been a nice 2 weeks off.

Attachments

• KhanDiploma.JPG
    KhanDiploma.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 2
Don't we all notice how a year goes by faster and faster as we age?

I remember my teenage years were full of excitement. Then, my college years, my first real job, my first house. Recently, it all becomes a blur.

"Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer to the end you get the faster it goes." I don't know who wrote it.

Maybe that's why I bought a motorcycle after failing to convince DW that a travel trailer would be fun.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom