Join Early Retirement Today
Re: A Reminder Of How Great FIRE Is
Old 05-26-2006, 09:57 AM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

I have to agree with you, cj, about doing things during the week when everyone else is working. Hubby and I took a leisurely drive up to Door County (Wisconsin) yesterday. It was heavenly. No traffic to contend with, no waiting in line while shopping or at restaurants, etc. What a glorious day!
Since the traffic rush will be over Friday night we're heading to sis's house Saturday morning to put the boats in and take a ride on the lake.
Sunday and Monday will be spent around the house while everyone else is rushing to get here and there.
I love retired life!

kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2006, 04:35 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Yep, it's been 2 yrs, 5 months now.* I hate any MANDATORY appointments, no matter what time they are.* I still get up between 6-7 a.m.; can't seem to overcome that, but it's an hour later than 43 years of working allowed.* So now, coffee and IMUS; breakfast, then gym about 9:30 or so. Lunch at noon precedes a nap.* Weekends are rigorous, since IMUS isn't on!*

Resist much. Obey Little. . . . Ed Abbey

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:49 PM   #23

Originally Posted by Eagle43
Lunch at noon precedes a nap.
Skip the nap and sleep later!
Old 05-26-2006, 07:52 PM   #24
Full time employment: Posting here.

Originally Posted by cj
But - after 4 weeks, I still have no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever from work!!!* I just feel like I'm on a long, luxurious, extended vacation that will never end!* I have so many things to keep me busy and occupied, that I don't have time to miss "working".* I pretty much thought all along that it would be this way.* I love being able to do things on weekdays when the stores and other businesses are not crowded.* I'm starting to shake the feeling that I have to hurry up and get things done over the weekend like before.

I went to visit my parents for a week; they live 10 hours away.* It wa so nice to be able to relax and enjoy the drive without having to hurry back to get ready to return to work.

It's all good!* People constantly tell me how relaxed and refreshed I look.* *

CJ, I didn't mean to be critical of you missing your co-workers. My comment was more directed at being so busy since the last day of work that I have not given any thought to the office (or the people either). Course it is a bit different in my case because I've also made an International move back to Canada as part of retirement. So that makes a difference too.

Having said that, all the things you have said I have experienced as well so far. I'be been loving the freedom of doing things during the week when it is much less busy out. I am looking forward to that on a very long term basis.....
AltaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:49 AM   #25
Full time employment: Posting here.

Originally Posted by REWahoo!

This post may contain forward-looking statements that reflect the posterís current assumptions and estimates of future performance and economic conditions, which are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the posterís control. All statements other than statements of historical facts included in this post, including those regarding the posterís strategy, future operations, financial position, estimated revenues, projected costs, projections, prospects, plans and objectives, are forward-looking statements. When used in this post, the words "believes," "anticipates," "plans," "expects," "intends," "estimates", "wagers", "bets" or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements contain such identifying words. All forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this post. Although the poster believes that his/her plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by the forward-looking statements made in this post are reasonable, such plans, intentions or expectations may not be achieved.

here's my favourite....

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorized (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email, although the kelpie next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft.
I have an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one.
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:51 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

I love building my vocabulary!!

Just think how cool this would've sounded on the conn:* "OK, Weps, that's your last missile for today, now let's absquatulate the flock outta here..."

The book written on, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #27
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Thanks for the link Nords. I learned a new word also. Of course, the problem is how long will I remember it!

Dreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:20 AM   #28
Recycles dryer sheets

Well it has been about six months since I retired and it has been ...... wonderful... never felt better... I am more relaxed and happier than I have been since ...... I can't remember.

I drove into the little town near me the other day and the county fair was going on and there was traffic six or eight cars at the stop light at the court house..... sheesh where did they come from?? I got over it quick as I didn't have to rush anywhere...

I went to visit the grandkids a while ago and I noticed a lot of my fellow air travelers where very grim faced :P

I was just tired from the long trip and the hassels everyone goes through at the airports, but I was way more relaxed than ever before. When I worked I worried about the job even though I wasn't there .... stupid stupid stupid they didn't worry about me and don't care about me now or then....thunk thunk on the side of the head why did I waste my self worrying so much

Oh, well, that's then this is now and now is great I love retirement it was worth all the saving and working overtime ,weekends and holidays and putting up with the type "A"s to get here

>My blogs
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote