Blow That Dough! - 2019

The last recliner we purchased required assembly. It was in two sections, the base and the back. Slide the back into a couple of slots in the base, listen for the "click", and we were done. Even a [-]Texan[/-] [-]caveman[/-] geezer could do it. :)

Thanks! I think this one may be the same. I read a description of the assembly in one of the Amazon reviews, and they said it was easy to assemble, and mentioned the "click" when sliding the back into the base.

I got mine from the local hospital supply store. They delivered and set it up.

I got mine from the local hospital supply store. They delivered and set it up.
But, but, but.... see, I'm a SPECIAL princess!!! :LOL: I simply had to have a bunch of special features and nothing else could possibly ever do! This was the only recliner that would ever be good enough for me! :D :ROFLMAO:

Actually that was probably a good idea. But, this one fit the bill and it will be delivered by Fedex next week. The only thing that wasn't perfect about it, was that "white glove delivery" wasn't offered.

Olma is having a sale so I ordered up 4.4 ounces of Kaluga Royal caviar. Two hundred and seventy three bucks delivered.

Woo-hoo! Almost a grand a pound - :)

Creme fraiche, crackers and vodka!

Yeah Baby! I wish my keyboard did that.

Yeah Baby! I wish my keyboard did that.

Use the ALT key and try different combinations of numbers for fun (you can Google to find the lists of what combination types what character on a Windows or Mac)

For example, here's 1,2,3,4 typed from my Mac while holding down the Option key (Windows has an ALT key to use instead):

¡™£¢

Hell, I usually just look up the term and copy the marks from elsewhere on the internet if I want to fool people into thinking I know what I'm doing. It's quicker than remembering all those key combinations. :cool:

Just spent $.28 for 2 small stainless screws for my boat top snap. Didn't have small enough screws in my vast array of screw jars.

Oh well, "Blowing that dough!"

Will adjust the budget this month to account for the charge.

Didn't have small enough screws in my vast array of screw jars.

off topic but I have a friend who after the end of each project literally throws out all remaining hardware. No screw jars or coffee cans in his garage.

My new "Blow That Dough" lift recliner is better than perfect. I think I got my money's worth already. It is great for napping, even when I didn't intend to nap. I didn't realize how sleep deprived I must be! :2funny:

Spent half the night sleeping in my recliner, until I awakened and realized what I was doing, and went to bed. Then today I have already taken two naps in it.

Attachments

• recliner.jpg
    recliner.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 267
w2r - that is wonderful that your new recliner is so comfy. We had one left over from when the in-laws were living in the granny flat. My hubster loved it - I hated it because you had to use the electric remote to raise and lower the legs/recline... Made noise and interrupted *my nap* in my non electronic chair. LOL.

My blow that dough contribution - spent almost $4k on fall semester tuition for oldest son. In 2 weeks I get to write an even bigger check for housing/dorm... and then there are books. Preliminary list price checked on the bookstore website looks like we're going to hit $1000.

So the other milestone is - first withdrawal from the 529. LOL.

w2r - that is wonderful that your new recliner is so comfy. We had one left over from when the in-laws were living in the granny flat. My hubster loved it - I hated it because you had to use the electric remote to raise and lower the legs/recline... Made noise and interrupted *my nap* in my non electronic chair. LOL.

My blow that dough contribution - spent almost $4k on fall semester tuition for oldest son. In 2 weeks I get to write an even bigger check for housing/dorm... and then there are books. Preliminary list price checked on the bookstore website looks like we're going to hit $1000.

So the other milestone is - first withdrawal from the 529. LOL.

Ouch!!! Good thing you set up that 529 to rely upon. That's got to be such a blow.

I love the electronic remote to raise and lower the legs or recline. I'm always fiddling with it. It's fun! LOL But then I am not awakening anybody when I do that.

This summer has blown more dough than planned. I started the summer by getting new gutters for $1800 and my driveway repaved for $3500. Then my downstairs HVAC unit got sick, followed by my upstairs HVAC unit. The downstairs unit was $700 for labor with parts covered by warranty, but the upstairs unit had to be replaced for $6000. We also replaced windows for another $18000 when the seals burst on an arched window. We decided to replace six other windows since we had to do the one. Then our primary TV failed, and of course we replaced it with the latest and greatest 65” OLED for $3100.
Thinking I was finally done for the summer, our tax bill arrived. [emoji20]

This summer has blown more dough than planned. I started the summer by getting new gutters for $1800 and my driveway repaved for $3500. Then my downstairs HVAC unit got sick, followed by my upstairs HVAC unit. The downstairs unit was $700 for labor with parts covered by warranty, but the upstairs unit had to be replaced for $6000. We also replaced windows for another $18000 when the seals burst on an arched window. We decided to replace six other windows since we had to do the one. Then our primary TV failed, and of course we replaced it with the latest and greatest 65” OLED for $3100.

33k for non regular expenses. Don't even think RobbieB gets there.

My new "Blow That Dough" lift recliner is better than perfect. I think I got my money's worth already. It is great for napping, even when I didn't intend to nap. I didn't realize how sleep deprived I must be! :2funny:

Spent half the night sleeping in my recliner, until I awakened and realized what I was doing, and went to bed. Then today I have already taken two naps in it.

:LOL: It has passed the recliner test with flying colors!

Reactions: W2R

33k for non regular expenses. Don't even think RobbieB gets there.

RobbieB eats more than that in wagyu and caviar. :LOL:

Didn't he say he spent $250K last year or something?

I am sure that your recliner is very comfortable, but I doubt it can be a substitute for a bed. Not for me anyway. I need to toss and turn.

But put that recliner on an airplane for a 14-hour flight then I am in heaven. Oh wait, they already have it. They simply charge too much for it.

Yup, two hundred and thirty grand over the last 12 months.

I'm redoing the home office. Just spent twelve hundred on a Herman Miller chair and a 43 inch 4K monitor.

I love internet surfing!

As long as we are talking about recliners, I had been using hand-me-down chairs that were off colored, and not overly comfortable.

We made the decision to go a big furniture outlet, and I got a really comfortable, overstuffed, distressed leather rocker recliner that matches my couch/loveseat set. I like being able to rock with my feet on the floor, some were too tall, some had too short of headrest...this one ?...just right, papa bear is happy !

Back
Top Bottom