Blow That Dough! - 2019

Considering, just considering, upgrading from cattle car to cattle-car plus (or even Bus. class) on our annual flight to the midwest. Probably won't actually pull the trigger on this, but at least we talk about it more each time we go. YMMV

Well,

This is sort of a cross between unblow the dough and where are you traveling.:)
We got a brochure for a cruise of the San Juan Islands out of Seattle. The price for an 8 day cruise for the 2 of us was $10K plus airfare.
We have been interested is going to the San Juan Islands for some time,but this was a bit much.
Also, I was looking to fly a P-40 next month for $2200, but by not doing that, we can pay for a $200 a night hotel in Friday Harbor for a week and have money left over for meals. The best part would I would be spending it with my wife!
We have not made definite plans, but I do stealth planning:D I have the ferry schedule, the airline schedule, and a price for an aerial tour of the islands. I also have an inquiry to the ferry company for any hotel packages they have.
I figure that we will be way ahead of the cruise cost and spend a week on San Juan Island.
Yeah no need for a cruise when you can island hop by ferry easily.

From Friday Harbor there is a oyster farm on the way to Roche harbor, Wescott Bay Seafood Company, that was serving grilled oysters and other goodies last year. See if they are open. I think the Friday Harbor shuttle even went there.

We blew that dough because we went for a fancy penthouse overlooking Friday harbor. We ate a lot of seafood at the penthouse because it was so fresh and minimal prep required.

was torn between putting this in the TSLA thread, or the 'what was your last AMZN order' thread...

I will take delivery on a Roadster for my son next week, he keeps bugging me for a red sports car and his bday is next month...so I splurged... blow that dough! ;)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MZJV172

was torn between putting this in the TSLA thread, or the 'what was your last AMZN order' thread...

I will take delivery on a Roadster for my son next week, he keeps bugging me for a red sports car and his bday is next month...so I splurged... blow that dough! ;)

A whole $7.49! Hmmmm - not sure that qualifies for this thread.

A whole $7.49! Hmmmm - not sure that qualifies for this thread.
Want to blow a little more dough than that, kgtest? This might be good, depending on his age. >:D

https://www.amazon.com/Rollplay-Por...+car+for+kids&qid=1552718635&s=gateway&sr=8-4

I think I would have died of happiness if I had been given something like this as a kid. :D

:LOL:

I remember when my sons were little and they loved the "Match Box" cars. Good times.

That's not art, that's insanity!!! You can't fix stupid.

Also, in the US, as well as the UK it is a criminal offence to willfully destroy bank notes.... not sure I'd be distributing that movie extensively. :cool:

Before doing things like that bear in mind that these are the people who will be choosing your nursing home...:LOL:

kgtest is still young, and I think his kid will be happy to have the toy.

Also, in the US, as well as the UK it is a criminal offence to willfully destroy bank notes.... not sure I'd be distributing that movie extensively. :cool:

This "dough burning" happened back in 1994, when one million British pound was worth more. The cash burners appeared on TV talk shows to talk about it. Nothing happened to them.

In 1994, a British pound was worth about US$1.5, and with inflation a US$1 then was worth $1.71 now.

So, they were burning $2.5 million worth in today's dollars.

Dropped $6K to take the kids out west for Spring Break. Last chance before the oldest goes to college in a few months. Hit a 7000' mountain pass while on a day trip and they saw snow for the first time :)

Agreed to spend ~$8k for son (Jr in high school) to attend a 7-week debate camp at Univ of Mich this summer. Stupid kids...

Bought a 2019 BMW X5. Stupid me...

Ordered a Mavic 2 Pro drone package for an upcoming trip.

I upgraded my pellet smoker/grill. Figured I deserved a “pro” version with several improvements.

Won the NCAA pool so I'm splurging on a pizza and a round of drinks for my trivia team tonight. Though buying these folks a drink could be considered an investment as they're sure to over reciprocate.
Also splurging on Uber home. But thats not really a want but a need.

I replaced my iPad mini recently and am considering an Apple watch. I also replaced my dining table and chairs with a custom ordered Amish oak table and chairs. I also bought a matching coffee table from the same company.

This thread is not nearly as active as I would like...you know I live vicariously through you guys, right?
[emoji4][emoji6]

I thought that I posted about buying yet another smoker (bigger, better), but I don't see the post. It must have been on the restaurant thread.

Sometimes, if it's a new thing/hobby for me, I'll get an entry level version of something to see if I am really going to use it and if it gives good results. If I really like it, I'll buy the full function version. It's not as cost effective spending wise, but it's really hard to tell sometimes if you are going to get into something enough to justify the larger expense.

Booked a 2 week vacation in Hawaii for the family of 4. Budgeting $14K for it. Should be fun!!

Back
Top Bottom