Sunday Evenings in Retirement

HadEnuff

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Aren't Sunday Evenings just your favorite part of being retired?

They are mine.

It's Sunday?

I'm looking forward to Monday morning at work!! :dance: Some of us enjoy our jobs.

Aren't Sunday Evenings just your favorite part of being retired?

They are mine.
My favorite is Monday mornings, foot of fresh snow on the ground, traffic at a standstill, me in PJs with a fresh pot of coffee and nowhere to go.

Sunday evenings are pretty terrific in retirement.

When I first retired, I also loved watching the Monday morning traffic report on TV.

But now, I sleep later and don't even see it. :D

I still have to get the kids out to school - so must still set my alarm.... But I also love anticipating several hours with no kids in the house!!!! Especially after a holiday week of togetherness. LOL.

The tic tic tic of 60 minutes used to be my countdown to Monday. Now it always makes me smile.

The tic tic tic of 60 minutes used to be my countdown to Monday. Now it always makes me smile.

Yeah, no kidding. Going all the way back to junior high school, when the tic tic tic was the painful reminder that I hadn't done any homework.

+1 it took me about a year in retirement to finally adjust and not have a negative reaction to the tick.

Same here. It was always a signal that the weekend was coming to a close.

I should add that I had rarely worked on a Monday once I switched to working part-time in mid-2001, the start of the last 7 years of my career. I either was off on Mondays or worked from home for a few hours starting at 10 AM. Either way, I didn't have to get up early and get on the trains. The last Monday I actually had to get up early and get on the trains was October 3rd, 2005. It made Sunday nights far more tolerable.

I thoroughly enjoy Sunday evenings. :)

But, as a retired teacher the days I really enjoy start in Late July when I see the "Back to School" sale signs at the department stores. I smile and cheerfully walk past them knowing they no longer can steal my precious time and peace of mind. :dance:

As a never-ending OMY guy, I still feel the Sunday night pain. Argh! And I mostly like my job...just not the time investment.

As a guy who is still working, and who right now is dreading having to go into work tomorrow morning, and thinking about all the work things I should've done this weekend that I did not get around to, and the business travel coming up later this week, and the office political issues I'm going to have to deal with, I can appreciate what you all are saying about how Sunday nights in retirement will be so different...

Hehe, yeah.

I have 3 things I absolutely have to get done tonight.

Feed myself, feed Lucy the dog and take out the trash.

Seriously. They pick it up tomorrow before the sun rises - :)

Sunday evenings are like every other evening. But I go to bed early so that I can get up in time to take the garbage out for early Monday morning pickup.

Sunday evenings are great. I smile knowing the weekend golfers who clutter my course will be back to work on Monday.

after 10 months of ER, my mind is so far from thinking of work (aside from the occasional thought/prayer about a specific former colleague who is still in the daily grind and i hear is at risk of layoff or has some other work related problem), that really every day is equally appreciated now

Back
Top Bottom