Unacknowledged Stress

Thanks Keith. While I have been able to delegate more and go into the office less, the reality of being CEO doesn't change much.

Sorry to hear about your heart condition. I wish you the best on that.
Yes just five years ago, I was proud of not taking any pills! Now I take 7 and an Advair inhaler 2x every day. Let's hope pharma is doing the right things.

I also delegated a lot but that meant that every decision that ended up in my office was hairy with no obvious solutions. Plus there are things I could not delegate.

We shop during the day and traffic and people are way decreased. It took me a year to de-stress. I still teach a class online at the university but totally stress free as I am left to my own devices. We both lost weight and exercise more.

I had no idea how chronically sleep deprived I was. I think most working people are. Took me several weeks to recover.

especially with how busy weekends are. DS fell asleep on my lap in the boat cruising back last night. Exhausted fun... I think the next boat name will be something like Exhausted Funds, triple-irony in that one.

Dealing with work and schedules is annoying and stressful alongside life. :greetings10:

No I feel that I had a pretty good handle on how much stress I was under and the risk-benefit situation. Was happy to get out and DW and kids were also happy to have me out.

That said, I can certainly see how people wind up being the frog in the pot of water that is slowly brought to a boil and never appreciate it until too late while others don't seem to let it affect them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom