what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big day for me, checked with the bank and my first retirement check was there. I was paid to stay home the month of November. Gotta love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Big day for me, checked with the bank and my first retirement check was there. I was paid to stay home the month of November. Gotta love it!!!!!!!!!!!

I recall in your first post a few months back you seemed a little worried about adjusting to no longer w*rking for a living. Based on the above, it looks like you're managing just fine. :D

May there be many more to follow and the health to enjoy them all!:dance::clap: PARTY ONNNNNNNNN

It took me a while, but I found it....

I think it's something that will cure the common cold......:whistle:

Rich_in_Tampa, MD
DEA #123456789
ER.Org Clinic - We never close.

For: BbbamI Date: 8/20/09
--------------------------------------------------------
Basil Hayden Elixir
Disp: 120cc
Sig: 30 cc p.o. QID PRN
Ref x 3
Attn: May cause drowsiness

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_Rich_in_Tampa, MDMD xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ooooohhh! That's a good one. Another proof that Dr. Thomas Stanley is on the wrong track, at least with the chapter on libations (or meds as they are known around here). :D

I spent a goodly portion of the day at the docs office myself. No prognosis on the arm pain, just an x-ray and a referral to see an orthopedist. However, they took some time to poke me full of holes. I got a tetanus booster and 3, count them, 3 flu shots. One H1N1, and then since they were out of seasonal flu shots I got two kiddie shots! :LOL:

Yeah, remember reading your post in another thread slightly regretting the hard-partying in your youth that causes today's pain. Man! Not just you, but reading about other posters here makes me wonder if I have lived the life of a monk.

Attended a friend's Drug Court graduation.
Gave away my old bed to someone who needed it.
Cleaning up the hardwood floors for tomorrow's furniture delivery :)
Get ready and go to work...4 massages tonight :)

Speaking of breaks , it seems like a lot of our old time members are missing . Where is Nords or Ha or many other that have not been posting ?
Discussion-board burnout. After 17,532 posts and an entire book manuscript, it's possible that I'm running out of exciting new material.

Between the posting-limit fuss and the hack attack I decided to take some time off, and I haven't missed it that much. I've been logging in to answer PMs. You have my e-mail address. You know where to find me...

I'll be in & out. Been a busy few weeks, and it looks like it's going to be a busy month.

When I decide to voluntarily & permanently depart a discussion board, there is no ambiguity to the situation. And if I involuntarily permanently depart a discussion board, spouse has promised to [-]take over my account[/-] post my obituary.

A LBYM (leather) evening

After a pretty nonstressful day at w*rk I went shopping for some new winter gloves. I had spotted some that I liked on a weekend trip to Montreal a few weeks ago....for $150, which I felt was outrageous. A quick trip to my local Danier Leather Outlet was very productive: buy two accessories, get the third free.....I now have three really cute and trendy pairs of insulated leather gloves, all for $64 and change. Black with little red buttons, tan with little black buttons, and jade blue.

Toyota has a promotion till January 4 with 0% financing on all my favourite models, do not pay for 120 days, and cash rebates. They just became the #1 auto company in Canada so somebody is aiming for a home run. If I lease a car through my company this would be very, very cheap and I could get the heated leather seats......

I will not get a new car
I will not get a new car
I will not get a new car

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Ok Meadbh...if you need my permission to get a new car...go ahead. :rolleyes:

(I just can't pass up leather)

:LOL:

I want one too. I have picked out the Toyota that I want. (sigh) In my case I want to pay for it in cash plus trade-in, so the interest rates won't help.

I am trying to wait until after we move, to buy it. But the timeframe for that keeps moving out further into the future.

I hear that some of the 2010 models are going to have more bells and whistles.

Meadh ,
Buy the car ! Buy the car ! Buy the car !

I am going to buy a new car either the end of this month or early next year . I have it narrowed down to four vehicles all crossovers . I was going to pay cash but with the 0 interest I might just pay half and finance the rest . I can always pay it off but this will allow my money to grow since hopefully I will be making more than 0%.

I was going to pay cash but with the 0 interest I might just pay half and finance the rest . I can always pay it off but this will allow my money to grow since hopefully I will be making more than 0%.

How does that old saying go... TANSTAAFL?

If you paid for lunch, the beer would be cheaper.

Came home this morning to find the delivery guys waiting....they were an hour early!
Cleaned out some things, lounged out on the new couch....it has great napping potential!
Time to get ready, go to a mtg, and a massage appt later on tonight.

Meadh ,
Buy the car ! Buy the car ! Buy the car !

I am going to buy a new car either the end of this month or early next year . I have it narrowed down to four vehicles all crossovers . I was going to pay cash but with the 0 interest I might just pay half and finance the rest . I can always pay it off but this will allow my money to grow since hopefully I will be making more than 0%.

My problem is emotional. I love my 1995 Honda Accord.....:smitten::smitten:

My problem is emotional. I love my 1995 Honda Accord.....:smitten::smitten:

But does it love you back ? It will soon leave you stranded someplace scary or become unreliable just when you need it the most or worst of all cheat with a newer model . I believe a trial separation is in order . Park it and rent the car of your dreams . You are not cheating only playing the field . After all you are single I don't see any piston ring on your finger holding you back !:cool:

You mean, not cheating like Tiger?
That was a Cadillac, a GM, for God's sake!

:2funny:

You mean, not cheating like Tiger?
That was a Cadillac, a GM, for God's sake!

:2funny:

Never cheat with an American ! You need something more exotic !

Attachments

• 2007-Jaguar-XK-Convertible.jpg
    2007-Jaguar-XK-Convertible.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 2
Raked leaves today and boy, my right shoulder blade feels like a knife sticking out of it. Guess I'm out of leave raking shape. But med's to the rescue.
img_880767_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif

Also grilled a nice steak today. Had to fight the mutt off, but it went down nicely. :)

Today is the final prep day for my dinner party tomorrow eve. I just set the dining room table, and am just about ready to dive into making Baklava. My ToDo list is made up. I just need to tinker along and get things done. Alternating with goofing off, of course. :cool:
Theme is Greek food, and yes I am winging it by having the statue of David (Michelangelo) there. :cool:
He fits in nicely.

Attachments

• greekdinner1.jpg
    greekdinner1.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Greekdinner2.jpg
    Greekdinner2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 2
Taking some time to relax before a busy day of massages.
Updated my books.....:)
Waiting for checks to clear before I send in some money to the Roth IRA.

Just got back from walking 9 holes at the club. Walking....not playing. Course closed as the greens are covered due to cold weather. A slight chance it might snow tonight. Pretty wild for this time of year. Mutt enjoyed the walk though. Probably go back to club tonight to play the 19th hole.;)

Theme is Greek food, and yes I am winging it by having the statue of David (Michelangelo) there.

What's the menu?
Wieners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom