what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for a spaghetti dinner fundraiser yesterday at local Legion. Had some brewskies and got a nice little buzz. :LOL:
Waited until the end to fill my takeout order and brought home a nice big container full of spaghetti and a full loaf of unopened Italian bread. All for $6. :cool:

Today is just kick around the house, get some laundry done, eat leftover spaghetti.

Went for a spaghetti dinner fundraiser yesterday at local Legion. Had some brewskies and got a nice little buzz. :LOL:
Waited until the end to fill my takeout order and brought home a nice big container full of spaghetti and a full loaf of unopened Italian bread. All for $6. :cool:

Today is just kick around the house, get some laundry done, eat leftover spaghetti.
And dishing out dangerous chores to harmless people:(

Yesterday we attended a birthday party for my SO's two sons . It was held at his ex wife 's house . Is there anything less fun than being around your SO's ex ?

The stuff they're doing with the barge, ie pumping on seawater ballast to keep it from floating away is interesting. Can't wait to see how they drag it away once the storm is gone and the tide drops. Perhaps it will become a permanent local attraction.
Well they've tried two tugs and they've tried three tugs. They say last two attempts moved it 100ft each and busted a tow line. Well try try try again with each high tide. Maybe in the morning with an extra ft of tide predicted, they'll get it [-]gone[/-]/done...:nonono:
The newsees suggested putting Christmas lights on it.

It's project time again! (still. Some more.)

Since we have guests coming (son flying in for Thanksgiving) I've been tasked with getting the TV working in the guest room. The olde set worked pretty well for green and blue, but not so much on red, and earlier this year mysteriously :ROFLMAO: started getting snow instead of picture. So...

Off to get one of them flat TVs. Oh, and the old TV was hard to see while lying in bed, so could I maybe put it higher somehow? And maybe get a DVD player, because there just aren't many Beta tapes these days. (Yeah, yeah. Next I suppose you'll want me to replace the videodisc player?)....

Your son is a lucky guy. If I wasn't doing the holidays at home myself, I'd try to get adopted into your family.;)

I am doing my insomniac thing today. I have been writing emails and posting since 3:30 AM. I thought that by 5 AM, the need to sleep would roll back in. No luck so far. It's going to be a day of me looking like a raccoon.

After a very hurtful post was directed at me last night (thankfully the post was deleted) I've decided my posts will be very few and far between on this forum.

But, I'll be around every once in a while to see how y'all are doing. :)

Aw, stick around. I too will miss the Texas 'tude.:cool:

Back in the saddle again...I've been running errands and buying turkeys for next week and getting teeth cleaned...whew ;)
How did I ever get all this stuff done pre-FIRE ?

Today is goof off, i.e. Chinese buffet day. :clap:

My schedule is crazy lately, so if you don't see me here...not to worry.
I'm going thru my annual "get it done before the snow flies" crunch. :LOL:

Your son is a lucky guy. If I wasn't doing the holidays at home myself, I'd try to get adopted into your family.;)

Heh. The flip side is that we keep threatening to get a condo in his home town, so he can drop by and take care of us. :flowers:

Anyway, yesterday I found the studs (the wood ones, not the... Oh, forget it), mapped out the mounting for the TV bracket and a set of glass wall-mount shelves, and got the bracket and TV hung. Getting the layout right, to put the set at the desired height and get the mount securely attached is the 'hard' part. Part of the bracket fits on the back of the TV, and then the set just slides onto the wall mount. There's a bolt and wingnut to secure it once in place. for the big sets, this is definitely a two person job, but the smaller 32" set was easy for me to set up by myself.

Tomorrow the wall mount shelves and cable guide should arrive, and I'll pop those into place.

Played golf today and it was just a little on the chilly side. The weather [-]idiot[/-] man missed his forecast by 11 degrees. Predicted 62 as the high but only reached 51. And it never got out of the 40's when I was on the course. Needless to say, I didn't play well. Too cold for med's on the course today. Maybe that is why I didn't play well.:-\

This afternoon I took the mutt on a walk out by the reservoir. He enjoys running loose out there and it is a pretty safe area to let him run free. You could tell he really enjoyed it. Zonked out on the sofa right now.:cool:

Three mile walk through wetlands near Bellevue WA. The attached is a view of the blueberry farm with Bellevue in the background. And for the animal lovers, a mallard duck in his element.

- Rita

Attachments

• DSCF0888e.jpg
    DSCF0888e.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF0893.jpg
    DSCF0893.jpg
    600.1 KB · Views: 3
Three mile walk through wetlands near Bellevue WA....
Reminds me that just last week I took a walk to explore some wetlands that are being restored. This area was paved over for 100+ years. I think the national park service is doing a reasonably good job of taking over the old army Presidio of San Francisco. Some of my neighbors might disagree? Has anyone seen the new Disney museum there?

Attachments

• IMG_6550.jpg
    IMG_6550.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 3
Today...located the w*rk email of a former colleague in Orlando FL, to try to do a day visit with when I go to Tampa in January. I had to dig through pages of published techie papers to find her email address.
Yay DTIC! :D

<pregnant pause>

Oh, did I forget to mention I booked a 2BR beachfront condo for dirt cheap in N Redington Beach, right on the Gulf, the other day?
Silly me...:rolleyes:
The trip is all set - JetBlue air, Hertz rental car, condo for lodging for 12 glorious days. :dance:
Now I just sit and wait for snow and develop just the right level of cabin fever to be a bona fide snowbird.

Oh, did I forget to mention I booked a 2BR beachfront condo for dirt cheap in N Redington Beach, right on the Gulf, the other day?
The trip is all set - JetBlue air, Hertz rental car, condo for lodging for 12 glorious days. :dance:
Now I just sit and wait for snow and develop just the right level of cabin fever to be a bona fide snowbird.

I'll be getting snow on Thanksgiving morning so that probably means you'll be getting the same on friday or saturday. Have fun in Florida.

Well my Dell D600 usually parked on my desk developed a herniated Hard Drive. Sooooo, after re-starting it once using some techie magic and backing up the last two days of worthwhile crap data to my trusty Ebay special Dell Precision 650 in the basement, it became painfully obvious the my office needed re-arranging. Right..... there is not a necessary connection here. Nor a cause and effect.

Cruised the internet for a replacement hard drive. Looks like a samsung 80 Gb for about 70 bucks from NewEgg will fill the bill...Any day now.

Meantime proceed with bringing the 60Lb monster, along with the 19" CRT from the basement to my office. Ah now you see why the re-organization.

A few days and it will all be done. Yeah...right.

Picked up our first LCD flatsceen tv a few weeks ago - our Dish DVR receiver was going kerflooey - had called it in and a new one was on the way and I figured all the rewiring and such could be done at once. Receiver didn't come in, but it sort of worked, but after watching the 37" a bit decided it wasn't big enough - swapped it for a 42". After a week the receiver was really pretty nonfunctional - called DISH and found the receiver hadn't been shipped. Mistakes happen - was told a new receiver would be sent out next day air. That was last Thursday. A call today and we get told the receiver shipped yesterday. Hrumph. Broke out the coathanger fractal antenna i built some months ago that didn't work with the computer tv and sonofagun - it worked with the new digital tv. In fact, we are getting a few digital HD channels and they are way better than the reception from DISH. I read that over the air HD is about the best you can get - no compression. Right now I'm thinking of dumping DISH and going to free over the air and maybe a bit of fiber optic provider....

Oh - closed the sale of a little house today, so that's good. Have a call in to the tax lady to see if paying the state tax this December would reduce this year's Federal tax... or whether AMT would make that moot.

The trip is all set - JetBlue air, Hertz rental car, condo for lodging for 12 glorious days.

I don't even enjoy travelling, in general, but this sounds really good! How nice to have something to look forward to for a couple of months.

I don't even enjoy travelling, in general, but this sounds really good! How nice to have something to look forward to for a couple of months.
Thanks! I am beyond psyched. This trip will be a reunion with a former female colleague whom I have not seen in ages. She was military and PCSed out back in 2000. She is one of those friends for life. :D

In fact, we are getting a few digital HD channels and they are way better than the reception from DISH. I read that over the air HD is about the best you can get - no compression. Right now I'm thinking of dumping DISH and going to free over the air and maybe a bit of fiber optic provider....

Anecdotally, I can only add that in our travels, we sometimes must connect to the campground's cable/satellite system because OTA is not available. Sometimes we have a choice -- in every case, the OTA picture/sound has been much better than from the hookup when compared side-by-side.

My ebay gig has been crazy busy so I've been spending my days photographing, listing ,packing & shipping . I've focused on selling holiday dresses and tops for thirty somethings and I can't keep them in stock . Is there really a recession ?

My ebay gig has been crazy busy so I've been spending my days photographing, listing ,packing & shipping . I've focused on selling holiday dresses and tops for thirty somethings and I can't keep them in stock . Is there really a recession ?
When your hobby becomes work, it may be time to think about re-retiring...

I made some low-carb eggnog today.

[SIZE=-1]2/3 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup water[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Dash of salt
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1] 2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons Splenda
1 dash nutmeg[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Whip it all together, drink.[/SIZE]
It's pretty good, but doesn't have the store-bought taste that I like so much. I probably need to by some eggnog syrup.

[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom