what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sincerest condolences on the loss of your father.

-Met my daughter for breakfast this morning.
-Her place was tidier than I expected. Even her car is clean! Hope that's not a quick fix
-She drove me around to see her campus and all over LA
-We've lunch at the park
-Then we went shopping together. She bought a designer sunglass and a tenis rack. I bought 2 pairs of dress pumps (one black, one taupe). Real comfortable
-Drove to Beveley Hill in the afternoon
-Spent 2 hours at a spa. We had massage and pedicure
-having an English afternoon tea together and then back to my hotel for a quick shower.
-Will join her for diner at 7.00 and she'll take me dancing with some of her friends. She's trying to set was up for a date with her roommate's father
-I'm having lots of fun. Hope she does too
-I look forward to seeing her again this summer for the unveiling of her father's grave. Both her sister and my mom also promise to come

Mostly nothing, bid on ebay on a pair of Polk Audio RTA-12 speakers. Got outbid by about 25 bucks. :( My current el cheapo speakers in my work area are dying, no point re-foaming the cones, they are cheap. Will keep looking for something on Craiglist or Ebay. Played a game of scrabble with DW. On to the hot tub. ;) 'night all.

Last night I watched "The Good German" with Cate Blanchett and George Clooney and Toby Maguire. B&W noir movie that I really enjoyed. Worth seeing just to see Maguire in this very non-super hero role. But double worth seeing to see Cate, one of my favorite actresses. She is bad as a woman needs to be bad in a noir movie. Poor George is trying to be a good boy, but he keeps getting disappointed (and clobbered) by the overall nastiness of life in 1945 Berlin. Great Movietone archival footage of the Potsdam Conference too.

Ha

Today is devoted to not doing a darn thing, except my usual cook, surf, read, listen to tunes. The sun is shining, again. :clap:
Yesterday was VD special dinner day - shrimp cocktail, Delmonico steaks and shrimp au gratin at home. I spent maybe $30 total on the food :) vs the $75 this meal would have cost at a restaurant :(.

Sunday is my exercise holiday, so I can be lazy all day.

Went to the grocery store, had a NASCAR cart (kept turning left).

Saw a hawk get lunch. At least two species of hawk think I run a buffet.

Used the Crockpot to make stock from leftover bones (and garlic and onion).

1. Practiced my golf chip shots.
2. Layed on my hammock and looked at the clouds.
3. Found a leak in my ocean inflatable kayak.
4. Layed on my hammock and looked at the clouds.
5. Tried again unsuccessfully to get my s-video from my laptop to my rca TV input.
6. Layed on my hammock and looked at the clouds.

Sun is shining, savoring the disappearance of more of the snowpack. :LOL:
Downloaded more pics to the digital photoframe. I now have a really cool slideshow going - a combo of personal pics, space objects, scenery, flowers, critters.
Read several past issues of SmartMoney (WSJ pub), Dec 08-Feb 09.
Stalled on what I will make for dinner...life is really tough here. :greetings10:

Wow, I'm impressed freebird. :)

So far all I've done is sipped tea and wrestled with my cat tryin' to keep him out of my chair.

Wow, I'm impressed freebird. :)

So far all I've done is sipped tea and wrestled with my cat tryin' to keep him out of my chair.
Some days I am inspired to read the stack of magazines...sometimes I just give them away. SmartMoney is a freebie exchanged for low balance airline miles.
It was interesting reading 3 consecutive months in tandem, considering what the market and business was doing over that time span (Dec 08 - Feb 09).
BTW, dinner is solved - frozen homemade lasagna and making dough for homemade French bread in the breadmaker.
Now I can relax. :LOL:

BTW, dinner is solved - frozen homemade lasagna and making dough for homemade French bread in the breadmaker.
Now I can relax. :LOL:
Whew...I was worried about ya! Glad that "problem" is solved. :D

Now, if I could only move this darn cat!

Had my monthly lunch with old roomie. Best meal of the month, as he is fairly well off and refuses to go downmarket with me. I had oysters sauteed in butter, cole slaw and a fumé blanc.

Now all I need is a honey to give me some low calorie dessert.

Ha

Moved the snow that I shoveled off the motorhome a day or so ago. Starting loading stuff in the MH. Not leaving for a week and a half, but today is supposed to be the warmest day (mid-twenties) in the foreseeable future.

Now on the couch on the 'net. Back is kinda squirrelly from the shoveling.

Needed to get 4 shots today for medical clearance for Saudi Arabia. Need to get 5 more shots on Thursday and one I took today read. Scheduled pack out.

Portfolio got crushed again today. :( 2 years worth of SWR evaporated.

In looking for books for nephews, etc., I came across My Side of the Mountain, which was one of my favorite books when I was about 12. So, I got it out of the library and am reading it now.

It's very interesting to see how the book influenced my life. It either caused or reinforced my hermit and live off the land tendencies. Also interesting was this:

When I was 12 we had a big tree in a forest behind our house. It was a good hollow tree, except that there was a big wood burl or growth that blocked the hollow part inside. I almost caused a forest fire because I tried to burn out the growth.

I see now that I got the idea for doing that from the book. The main character burns out the center of a tree and makes a house.

Oh Al, I remember that book too. I loved it as a child. Along with the Boxcar Children.

Today so far I went outside and shoveled the snow from the front sidewalk. Really windy and pretty cold. Waiting to snowblow. And waiting to go back up on top of the MH to shovel more snow off.

Soon I will be gone!

Well crap. Didn't play golf with my group today as the weather man was forecasting bad storms. Still possible we could get something mid afternoon. But late morning it was obvious not much coming anytime soon so I took the mutt on our 4 mile hike at a local state park. She enjoyed the swimming. Stinking up my den as I type this.:( So at least I got some good exercise. Just had a grill cheese sandwich with sweet potato fries. Time for a nap.:)

the hermit emerged today...
I did my passport renewal application, mailed and done!
Chinese buffet with friends, one of whom made a minor pass at me. :blush:
It is snowing again...:mad:

Went to the farmers market and bought a 3 pound slice of cow (now thawing).

Sometimes you have to communicate with your inner carnivore.

I don't like the cold, especially when the wind is blowing. But today the sun was out and so, despite the chilly weather, I bundled up and took the doggie for a hike up the mountain. It felt pretty good!

When I returned I discovered that the RE agent who had a scheduled showing of my home did not show up. :mad: I hate that.

Then I went to the store for ingredients for my favorite vegetable stew, cooked it up and had a yummy dinner while I watched American Idol. The simple life is good. :)

I finished the taxes, changed the cat litter and went for a long walk with my partner. While we were walking we came up with a plan for moving back to the house and some of the projects we'll do while there. We also talked about a summer backpacking trip in Central Oregon.

Then we watched, "Shattered Glass" - great movie.

I envy all you retirees. I do not want to go back to work tomorrow :nonono:

Recovered from my Reflexology class over the weekend.....too many practice sessions in a short amount of time.
Did some laundry, dishes, bills.
Went to class tonight....circulatory and lymphatic systems.
Now....I will study the muscles of the upper arm, the forearm, and the hand....for the quiz on Wednesday.

The housecleaner was here today.

The birds are singing.

So happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom