what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I've got a missing-item mystery. I've had a six-inch, good-quality steel rule for years. I used it last night at the workbench, and today it's not there. I figured it must have fallen into the trash can, so I transferred ever item from that can to another, which was particularly messy, because this morning I had discarded a paint can with about 2 TBS of paint, poured into the can so that it would dry. Not there.

I thoroughly cleaned the shelf under the workbench, and the area below it, so I know it didn't fall there.
I'm determined to find it.

I found it. I gave myself one more session of looking, then I was going to buy a replacement on Amazon. I carefully scratched through a pile of sawdust and pine needles on the floor, and there it was. So, it had gotten swept off the workbench when cleaning, but didn't clang loudly enough to be noticed when it hit the floor.

And guess what: W2R's checkbook was there too!

Last edited:
I found it. I gave myself one more session of looking, then I was going to buy a replacement on Amazon. I carefully scratched through a pile of sawdust and pine needles on the floor, and there it was. So, it had gotten swept off the workbench when cleaning, but didn't clang loudly enough to be noticed when it hit the floor.

Any sign of my floor creeper ? :cool:

I'm going to do one last look around the garage and back shed to see if I tucked it behind something so I wouldn't trip over it, and then I will order one of these beauties.

Heavy Duty Creeper with Adjustable Headrest

Did you see a sign of my innocence? I lost that a while ago and haven't seen hide nor hair ever since...

Work.

It is a glorious Spring day with very low humidity in Washington DC. Flowers everywhere. Unfortunately, I am in my office working. Will take dogs out to enjoy this great weather tomorrow.

Mailed a birthday card to my eldest brother who turns 67 on Monday.

The front of the card says, "Don't worry, turning 30 is no big deal"

I hope he takes it well.........

We still have a water/sewer bill that's over $100/month, and that's projected to rise another 25% over the next few years.

In other words we'll be paying far more to flush the toilets than we will be to light the bathrooms. I guess I'll have to work on that part next... maybe a solar-powered composting toilet?

Radically Sustainable Green Buildings - Interior Earthship Images
Project BIOHOME | Alternative Off Grid Housing for a Globally Conscious Community

Have some interesting ideas.

Mustn't leave out: http://humanurehandbook.com/store/THE-HUMANURE-HANDBOOK.html

Last edited:
TromboneAl said:

I was about to ask! :LOL: Oh, thank goodness... because it still hasn't shown up here. :(

Joined the local country club (50% introductory membership for the season) and played 18 with BIL and a couple friends. Walked the front and rode the back. Beautiful spring day. Played pretty well for my first outing of the year, but there is plenty of time for the wheels to come off.

Today was a very nice day, until.....

DH called me a few minutes ago (after a gig) and said a guy rear ended him in the parking lot. DH is not hurt....he tried to get the guys DL # and insurance card. Well...you guessed it...he had no DL or proof of insurance...and said it wasn't his truck.

DH wrote the license plate number down and called the police. The guy took off...

Son of a biscuit eater. :mad:

Just shoot me now.

Did the car come up as stolen?
Don't know yet...but I doubt it. I think this is a case of an employee driving a work truck. But the truck didn't have a company name on it. That's the way it usually is around here.

The pd dispatch has the info on the vehicle....whether they find him or not is questionable. Even if they do and there's no insurance, we'll have to file on ours.

I hope they get him...he/the owner of the vehicle will be fined out the wahzoo or spend time in jail.

For three years I worked at the court, investigated auto insurance not carried by owners and helped put a lot of people in jail. I want them to find him...I want it big time.

Last edited:
Today was a very nice day, until.....

DH called me a few minutes ago (after a gig) and said a guy rear ended him in the parking lot. DH is not hurt....he tried to get the guys DL # and insurance card. Well...you guessed it...he had no DL or proof of insurance...and said it wasn't his truck.

DH wrote the license plate number down and called the police. The guy took off...

Son of a biscuit eater. :mad:

Just shoot me now.

Did DH take a picture of the driver?

Installed three new storage cabinets in my garage. It is finally starting to look how I originally envisioned it when we built it six years ago.

After completing my cabinets, the young wife and I took a ride in the roadster and stopped for lunch. We just returned from a four mile walk along the beach.

Finished my taxes an hour or so ago. First time ever I'm going to get a refund. It said my taxable income this year was $1,854. Amazing. But I had to do two state taxes for the first time ever (but not the last). What a PITA. Turbotax says my chances of an audit are medium-high. That would suck. But I have to admit playing games with taxable income, deductions, selling stocks with no cap gains, etc. is sort of fun. If they didn't have the deadline I could make it a hobby.

On another topic, are any of y'all in touch with Martha? I was reading an old thread and she ahd some good comments on it. I haven't seen her on the board in a year or so. She and I seldom agreed politically, but she made me think. I miss her. If you talk to her tell her I said hi.

On another topic, are any of y'all in touch with Martha? I was reading an old thread and she ahd some good comments on it. I haven't seen her on the board in a year or so. She and I seldom agreed politically, but she made me think. I miss her. If you talk to her tell her I said hi.
You could send her a PM.

She's birding & bicycling around the south-central U.S. but with limited bandwidth.

Walt34 said:
I wondered if one of the participants in this Seniors surprise Dulles Town Mall with flash mob - WTOP.com was a member of the the board here.

Pretty cool - the retirees practiced for a couple of months for a flash mob at the local mall. Some had never heard of a flash mob.

Not to far from my neck of the woods but I think I will pass. I thought flash mobs just trashed stores and stole purses.

I rode out to Point Loma yesterday in a hurricane wind. Beautiful. On to LA this morning.

We went to see a film yesterday. One of the local cinemas has a balcony reserved seating section with full bar and grill until the film begins, and we thought we would check it out. My thinking - at least people there won't be flashing their cell phones all during the movie to check their facebook page updates.

I was wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom