what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"W*rked" from home today. Took a couple of Webex meetings this morning and then snook out for a walk on the green belt. Had lunch, took a nap (a whole freakin' hour's worth), mowed and weedate the yard, took a shower and rehydrated with an adult beverage. DW brought home pizza for dinner and now we are relaxing watching the Eagles Fairwell I DVD. If this is what ER is like I can't wait :dance:

Cut the grass, got the new license sticker for the car. And finished installing 3 more IP security cameras and web server software, and it works on my phone, iPad, and computers.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

DW took the day off - so we played lookie-loo at some model homes close by.

High $900K from about 3500sq.

3 models - all with weird floor plans with not so well thought out placements, corners, wasted spaces in hallways, entry ways, closets.

Took a back road drive thru Rancho Santa Fe - scenic, impressive homes, farms, horse farms and popped out to enjoy the San Elijo Lagoon Visitor Center and Nature Trails.

Drove back home to have a nice garden picked salad and just relax before getting some fish tacos for dinner.

Pleasant evening - cooling off, quiet, and nice sunset.

DW took the day off - so we played lookie-loo at some model homes close by.

High $900K from about 3500sq...

For CA, I thought that price range is inexpensive for that amount of space. Perhaps the lot is awfully small?

I'm sitting on a frecciarossa train and its going 186mph. Pretty fast compared to the very slow and late overnight train were just took up from Sicily. Today we start our exploration of Bologna.

Congrats to W2R on the new house!

We spent yesterday afternoon on the local river- about a 2 1/2 hour float down from the bridge in town to our camp. Had planned to go today but calling for a 1-3 inches of rain and the river to rise nearly 6 feet. Sister in law is in town for only a few days so had to make the float yesterday or miss the opportunity. Water was great, cool and saw blue herons, green herons, and assorted other birds. Fished a bit and caught a couple of blue gills.

Hoping the new dock I built last week will survive the water surge. There are a lot of other, older docks in the area secured with cables like mine and didn't see anyone rushing to pull them out of the water, etc. Will see on Sunday morning when the surge is expected to pass.

......Hoping the new dock I built last week will survive the water surge. There are a lot of other, older docks in the area secured with cables like mine and didn't see anyone rushing to pull them out of the water, etc. Will see on Sunday morning when the surge is expected to pass.

Maybe they are new owners too and waiting to see if you pull yours out. LOL Why not pull it out? too heavy?

If you have time for an 80 minute no-stop open sided vehicle tour of the city and a bit of a splash included, I recommend the Duck Boat tour. Your tour vehicle is a “DUCK”, an authentic W.W.II style amphibious landing vehicle.
http://www.bostonducktours.com/the-tour/
The drivers look like a real cast of characters
http://www.bostonducktours.com/ducks/

I took the tour many years ago when I had govt contract manager business there. It was a blast.

As far as the locals go, just tell 'em you're a Red Sox fan and you're golden. :)
Thanks for the recommendation regarding the Duck Boat tour. :flowers: We have heard about it, but not sure if we'll do that or not.

Currently I'm in Boston. This afternoon we're going to a pahty....ayuh.

I'm not doin' nuthin' today. DW went to lunch with some long-time girlfriends an hour away and it's raining all day today. I have a library book to read, a model airplane magazine, and the internet. In between things I'll take naps. No point in overdoing it.

Sitting at home while a new roof is being put on the house.
The crew showed up a little before 7 am and they promise to finish completely, including cleanup, by suppertime. Pretty impressive operation.

They were originally scheduled to do it Thursday, but thunderstorm predictions postponed it to today. I was surprised they work on Saturday, but in a weather-dependent profession I guess you do whatever you can.

About to reap veggies from the garden. Then my wife and I are going to pull up our crab traps, hopefully to find a bounty of Dungeness crab. Butter and garlic on standby.

Pacific Northwest feast night. :)

About to reap veggies from the garden. Then my wife and I are going to pull up our crab traps, hopefully to find a bounty of Dungeness crab. Butter and garlic on standby.

Pacific Northwest feast night. :)

Pictures...or it never happened! :cool::D

+1. Need photo to see if the crabs are of legal size.

Made French toast for the family breakfast, drove DW to her Zoomba class, then headed to the market to pick up the items for dinner tonight - chicken drumsticks, mozzarella sticks, salad, nice wine.

Helped(forced!) youngest DS with his college selection/planning :facepalm:

Cleaned up some used LP records on my record cleaning machine (RCM) I bought on Wednesday at Cow Record and Tapes in Ocean Beach.

Now, just rocking out with my purchases before firing up the bbq for dinner.

Went to see Lady Gaga / Tony Bennett yesterday. We usually have lawn seats (live music, can't see the stage while sitting, much less $$) for concerts, but this time I bought 2 assigned seats in the pavilion and we took turns seeing hem on stage - even the grandchildren. It was worth the extra $

Rolling Stones last night at Arrowhead. Great show!

Maybe they are new owners too and waiting to see if you pull yours out. LOL Why not pull it out? too heavy?

The other docks were put on the water earlier this month and from looking at them, you can tell they've been around for a while. Checked this morning and dock is still there, water is up from 2.5 ft yesterday to 8.5 ft this morning and expected to rise another foot or so. Cables seem to be holding well although the dock and ramp are now surrounded by water. Our bank is a bit steeper than some others near by so may have to rethink how the ramp is attached- maybe add some floats to it so it can rise a bit on it's own a bit more. Don't mind that it's surrounded now as the water is so high and muddy that we won't go out for a few days anyway- water is expected to be back to the 4 ft. level by tomorrow morning and we should be in good shape again.

Dock is too heavy to be moved in and out often but we will use a winch to pull it out at the end of the season.

Will wander back down to the camp this afternoon and watch the water and flotsam go by.

Rolling Stones last night at Arrowhead. Great show!

Sounds like fun, I'd like to see the Rolling Stones but don't deal with crowds well anymore.

I was a high school senior in 1973 when Arrowhead and the Royals stadiums were built. I was the sports editor on the school paper and did a story on the construction. The Chiefs organization was very nice to me, got a really good tour as the original artificial turf was going in- still have a piece of it somewhere around here in a box I'll bet. It was laid over asphalt and the surface was hot and hard as a rock- can't imagine having to play on that surface, not surprising it was the cause of a lot of injuries and road rash type burns. Haven't been in either stadium in 25 years but they look like they've been upgraded well over the years and kept reasonably modern but maintained good sight lines? The cost at the time was certainly an issue but having purpose built stadiums for their sport made them great places to watch a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom