what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No howling at the moon!
I am going to quit smoking.....quit day is July 4th.....I am excited.
Doing laundry.
Have two clients for massage.
Then off to do clinics at school.

Well, so far....

On call overnight till 0800h. Called at 0020, 0100, 0210, 0400......finally, slept till 0930h when the phone rang with an invite to a Canada Day party at the lake. Woo Hoo! Time to celebrate!

Next task: iron red Tshirt and white pants!

:cool:

No howling at the moon!
I am going to quit smoking.....quit day is July 4th.....I am excited.
Quitting on smoking and you are excited......:confused:? I´m sure you´ll quit but don´t expect too much excitement:cool:

Well, so far....

On call overnight till 0800h. Called at 0020, 0100, 0210, 0400......finally, slept till 0930h when the phone rang with an invite to a Canada Day party at the lake. Woo Hoo! Time to celebrate!

Next task: iron red Tshirt and white pants!

:cool:

Boy , do I remember those days . I'd be so tired I'd start seeing things on the drive home . What I find amusing is after all the hours and sleepless nights we medical people put in we do not find our jobs as distasteful as most of the cubicle workers on the board .

Boy , do I remember those days . I'd be so tired I'd start seeing things on the drive home . What I find amusing is after all the hours and sleepless nights we medical people put in we do not find our jobs as distasteful as most of the cubicle workers on the board .

Adrenaline rush? I loved one of my j*bs which had massive overtime but interesting w*rk. I still look back fondly on that j*b.

Rebuilt potable water pump of my Argosy trailer, which just happened to croak 5 mintes after I set up camp last Monday.

Goofed off the rest of the day. Going out to dinner with DW and her daughter. Darn I'll be outnumbered.

My first day of retirement. At this point, frankly, it just feels like a vacation day. I know that will pass.

I spent most of yesterday wiping the disk drive on my laptop and sending all my tools and test equipment in to the mother ship. We had a very nice celebratory dinner followed by champagne and Marillenlikor.

I woke up at 5 AM and read the forums until my DW woke up. Read the paper, did 2 crossword puzzles, and surfed the net for a bit. Went for a bike ride, cooled off and washed both cars.

DW and I went to the local farm and ranch store so I could pick up some leather cleaner and conditioner and she could look for cowboys in Lee Jeans. I found what I was looking for. There were slim pickings for DW. :(

Several years ago, I found 2 dollars in a parking lot. I threw it in the console of my company van and planned to blow it on 2 lottery tickets. Today, after finding the money again, we finally bought our tickets. Woohoo! our retirement is about to be adequately funded! ;)

Came home and nodded off reading the forums. I woke up with my DW standing next to me laughing her a*s off.

Definitely more information than you wanted, but it is my first day. :)

I love the concept of not having to accede to someone else's schedule.

Larry

Chinese buffet day with former co-w*rkers. A woman who got transferred involuntarily downstate served us her completely shoddy attitude for dessert. Listening to her made me really appreciate FIRE to the nth degree. :D
Watched more ugly thunderheads develop, but it all went north of me again. :greetings10:
Watching "How It's Made" featuring cold cuts, deli meats, and whole turkey breast. A new product called "Tofurky" is being explained now. :nonono:

Hunting and gathering at the local Farmers Market, ~$43.

My first day of retirement. At this point, frankly, it just feels like a vacation day. I know that will pass.

I spent most of yesterday wiping the disk drive on my laptop and sending all my tools and test equipment in to the mother ship. We had a very nice celebratory dinner followed by champagne and Marillenlikor.

I woke up at 5 AM and read the forums until my DW woke up. Read the paper, did 2 crossword puzzles, and surfed the net for a bit. Went for a bike ride, cooled off and washed both cars.

DW and I went to the local farm and ranch store so I could pick up some leather cleaner and conditioner and she could look for cowboys in Lee Jeans. I found what I was looking for. There were slim pickings for DW. :(

Several years ago, I found 2 dollars in a parking lot. I threw it in the console of my company van and planned to blow it on 2 lottery tickets. Today, after finding the money again, we finally bought our tickets. Woohoo! our retirement is about to be adequately funded! ;)

Came home and nodded off reading the forums. I woke up with my DW standing next to me laughing her a*s off.

Definitely more information than you wanted, but it is my first day. :)

I love the concept of not having to accede to someone else's schedule.

Larry

I used to say it feels more like a three-day weekend than a vacation. That's because we usually scheduled something for vactions, but not for three day weekends.

I can still recall doing some yard work in the afternoon a few days after I retired and automatically hurrying so I could get to the "yard waste disposal site" before calling it a day. When I realized what I was doing, I told myself that anything that didn't get done today could be done tomorrow. And, if I didn't finish tomorrow, I still had another free day after that, and after that ....

Then I exhaled.

Larry

Congratulations but dump the 5 AM wake up .:)

Congratulations but dump the 5 AM wake up .:)

When I retired, I thought I would sleep in more but found that I still wake up fairly early (6am now vs 5am before)......and now that I have another dog, he makes sure I am up for his morning walk/run no later than 6:15.

When I retired, I thought I would sleep in more but found that I still wake up fairly early (6am now vs 5am before)......and now that I have another dog, he makes sure I am up for his morning walk/run no later than 6:15.

I feel like I'm on a work schedule again. Up at 6:00am to feed the mutt, browse the internet and then head to nursing home to try and feed my aunt. Then golf at 9:00am. Missing out on morning walks with the mutt and don't feel like it much late in the day. Maybe when it gets cooler again in the fall.:-\

I can still recall doing some yard work in the afternoon a few days after I retired and automatically hurrying so I could get to the "yard waste disposal site" before calling it a day. When I realized what I was doing, I told myself that anything that didn't get done today could be done tomorrow. And, if I didn't finish tomorrow, I still had another free day after that, and after that ....

Then I exhaled.

Even though I elected to get a job after retiring, I have kept that attitude. If it doesn't get done today, tomorrow or the next day or the day after that or next week is good enough. A five-year sabbatical will do that for you.:)

Today I did the grocery shopping, got a haircut, picked up a prescription, had the propane tank for the grill refilled.

Then went for about an hour motorcycle ride but the black clouds made me go home, then cut the grass, now debating whether to take the bike out again or have a glass of wine on the back porch. If I have the wine, I'm in for the day. Still not raining but the weather radar shows lots of little rain cells, so I'll probably opt for the wine.

Relaxed....did laundry, knitted, filled out paperwork for new job, getting ready to go out and see some friends tonight.

Enjoyed a full day of dh2b [-]underfoot[/-] being here. ;)
He made the crust and assembled an excellent homemade sausage pizza. :D
I love weekends cuz he steps right up and kitchen-izes with me.

Now that the flood waters have receded from our back acre, surveyed the damage to the perennial gardens (not too bad) and tried to get them back into decent shape for tomorrow's party. Prep'd 30 lbs. of back ribs.

Partner took pity on me (especially after I remarked pointedly that I seemed to be doing most of the work for my retirement party) and we're going out for dinner tonight. A guilt trip works every now and then. :)

Rob

Big day :LOL:...breakfast out, went shopping for shorts, picked up dhb's charming teenager ;), had fish and shrimp at Long John Silver's.
We saw the movie UP, which got me very emotional :'( at the beginning.
I recovered and enjoyed the rest of it nonetheless. :) Beautiful story...
Now home watching dh2b practice for retirement - sleeping on the couch.
Firew*rks scheduled for tonight in our little town but low and full sky cloud cover and brisk wind
plus the thought of braving the car traffic...just not worth it. Will watch some firew*rks on TV, methinks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom