what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for a bike ride before it gets too hot. Found someone to clean all of my windows inside and out and also do the gutters. Meeting a buddy to work on our golf short games ($.25 per chip) at noon then heading to the lake with the girlfriend for a lazy cocktail sunset sail.

Think I'm going to like this early retirement thing!

Made annual summer trip to the laundromat to wash the comforter. 9AM is a good time.

Weeded garden and planted Roma tomatoes, cukes, and watermelon plants grown from seed. :D
Laundry.
Watched two storm fronts develop and go over the house. All is well. :D
Fired a bowling ball cannon and threw a green water balloon at FD. :cool:

Put first coat of mud and tape on kitchen/family room reno.
Took some aspirin
Ordered take out

Yesterday...watched someone clean all the windows in my house inside and out...worked on the short game a bit then played nine holes.

Today, bike ride, more short game practice then afternoon Rockies game. Tonight, Cocktail sail (got rained out Monday).

Last night we watched (recorded) The Exorcism of Emily Rose, which wasn't a bad movie, but the TV station cut off the last 20 minutes of the movie (went to another program).

Luckily I was able to find a site that let me watch the movie online, so we got to finish it. Not a real satisfying ending, but better than no ending at all.

Typical day

The maid wakes me at 9am sharp.
Serves breakfast in bed (Coffee, 2 fresh rolls,fresh squeezed orange juice,mixed fruit with yogurt and Maca) while I check the news on TV and read emails.

10:30 I take the dog for a walk along the Malecon.
11:00 Long hot shower and dress
11:30 Walk downtown to the Cafe for expresso and to BS with the tourists and expats.
1:30 return home for lunch (main meal of the day)
2:30-3:00 watch news and market close.
3:00-3:30 siesta
3:30-4:30 Take my son to the oceanside park.
4:30-5:00 Walk the dog along the Malecon
5:00-7:00 Banos Turcos for Sauna/Massage and Whiskey with friends.
7:00-10:00 Dinner with wife at home or out with friends
10:00-12:00 Stroll in the park and have dessert in cafe with friends
12:00-1.00 Husbandly duties.
2-9 a good nights sleep!

1100 Farmers' Market
1300 Target, Petsmart, Kroger

Crap I hate shopping.

1100 Farmers' Market
1300 Target, Petsmart, Kroger

Crap I hate shopping.

Why?

When I am home not working, I enjoy driving my wife to do grocery shopping, just to get out of the house. I thought you like Farmers' Market.

All AM - full blown goof off session
Chinese buffet with friends :D
Shopping for dh2b - he lost over 20 lbs and needs smaller size shirts now.
Scored some nice $9 casual shirt specials at...gulp...Wallyworld. I still hate going to that store. I always feel like I'm in a crowded noisy midway at the carnival. :nonono:
Came home and surfed.

Why?

When I am home not working, I enjoy driving my wife to do grocery shopping, just to get out of the house. I thought you like Farmers' Market.

Farmers' Market is fun, other shopping is not.

The maid wakes me at 9am sharp.
Serves breakfast in bed (Coffee, 2 fresh rolls,fresh squeezed orange juice,mixed fruit with yogurt and Maca) while I check the news on TV and read emails.

10:30 I take the dog for a walk along the Malecon. 11:
11:00 Long hot shower and dress
with the tourists and expats.
1:30 returnnd to BSr lunch (main meal of the day)
2:30-3:00 watch news and market close.
3:00-3:30 siesta
3:30-4:30 Take my son to the oceanside park.
4:30-5:00 Walk the dog along the Malecon
5:00-7:00 :30-5:00 cos for Sauna/Massage and Whiskey with frieanos Tu
:00-10:00 Din/Massige ande at home or out with friends
10:00-12:00 Stroll in the park and have dessert in cafe with friends
12:00-1.00 Husbandly duties.
2-9 a good nights sleep!

My typical day !
I awake. I waited for the maid to bring breakfast but then I remembered I am the maid . Made breakfast . Went to gym for water aerobics class . Came home . No maid so I made a sandwich for lunch . Went to the library and target . Read for several hours and check e mail and nap still no maid so I made dinner . No dessert as I'm watching my weight .Left 9pm to 9 20 open
for possible se-ual encounter . Bed at 11Pm after watching HGTV . Gee your day sounds so much better !

Had a client.
Napped.
Went to school and learned about Neuromuscular Therapy.
Came home and signed up for the 6 module NMT class.

BTW....impressed the owner of the Massage Envy with my practical massage yesterday (he is a fellow massage therapist practicing for 12 years) and was told that he definitely thinks that deep tissue massage is my forte.....will be working a couple of days a week for now :) Yay!

Yesterday we rode the motorcycle over to FIL's house to replace a broken window in the shed that had been broken since about 1986. While I was doing that DW painted the doors to the shed for the first time since they'd been installed. Rode the bike back home and went to a Bob Evans restaurant for lunch. She insisted on taking the car for that since she does not like going into a restaurant with "helmet hair" and carrying the riding gear. Women are so fussy about stuff like that.

She crashed on the couch and I went out for about a 70-mile bike ride. Came back home, had two glasses of wine and fell asleep on the couch downstairs.

The plan is to take the bike out all day today. The weather is perfect, I have a full tank of gas, and I'm off work.

Why?

Wow, that sounds seriously wrong. If I ever get to the point where driving to the grocery store is a high point of my day, I'm going to have to rethink the entire ER concept.

Wow, that sounds seriously wrong. If I ever get to the point where driving to the grocery store is a high point of my day, I'm going to have to rethink the entire ER concept.
Actually, it is very appropos. Now that I've calmed down :whistle:, the simplicity of doing what you want, when you want, or blowing it off until another day is golden.
Heck, I'm busy watching the grass dry right now. :LOL: I have to mow it today because of the weather forecasts for the next 3 days. Otherwise...la de daaaaaaaa.

Speaking of which...time to go fire up the John Deere lawn tractor.

Though we love world-travel, we are both homebodies, and do not leave the house unless there is a reason to. Shopping for grocery became fun ever since I learned to cook, about 10 years ago. I have learned a few dishes that my wife does not know how to make. I have used some spices and herb that my wife had no knowledge of. Yes, shopping for food can be fun.

Though we love world-travel, we are both homebodies, and do not leave the house unless there is a reason to. Shopping for grocery became fun ever since I learned to cook, about 10 years ago. I have learned a few dishes that my wife does not know how to make. I have used some spices and herb that my wife had no knowledge of. Yes, shopping for food can be fun.
Could not agree with you more!
I combined World travel with being a Homebody (bought a house overseas).

With the money I save on food, I can hire a maid and (let her have all the fun) grocery shopping, cooking! Come to think of it (she might enjoy walking the dog as well)?I have to credit this forum for helping me to think outside the box. :blush:

It is over 100 degrees every day now and the potted herbs are starting to suffer, so I made herb flavored vinegars today. Basil, rosemary, garlic, peppercorns... Yum, and I found out that when you use purple basil you end up with pink vinegar!
Vinegar2.jpg

As I was going to my mailbox, I heard a little thud and squeak. Looked in my neighbor's yard and found a baby dove that had fallen from her nest. The nest was 20 feet above my head, so I scooped the dove up and took her inside. Made six calls, drove a two hour round trip and made a donation to the sanctuary. :p

Ahhh, but the feeling....priceless. :) It's been a good day.

Watched the movie "Valkyrie" - Tom Cruise may be odd :rolleyes: but he can still act. Tremendous performance.
Spent the whole day with dh2b. :D He took some time off so my time online here will be greatly reduced in the near future. Nice to have company all day. I'll get him started on FIRE lessons. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom