what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a beautiful photo, pb4uski!

REWahoo, I have complete confidence in your ability to do that very nicely. Take $400, go to Office Depot and get the cheapest laptop that says "Intel Inside" on it. She will tell everyone that you're a genius.

Off to the dentist to get a broken filling replaced. "Gas?" "Yes, please!". I know. What a wimp.

M Paquette said:
I've got a prostate biopsy lined up for Monday.

And the results are in! Negative! No cancer, just a prostate the size of a grapefruit. OK, more like a big walnut. This, I can deal with. Funny sounding drugs, a little roto-rooter... :)

And the results are in! Negative! No cancer
I asked some friends to join me....

sBo_jump.gif

The best news I've heard in a long time! :flowers:

Today I burned my brush pile. Nothing like the smell of that. When it died down a little, around lunch, I dug out the hot dogs and roasted a couple. Then I mowed the lawn, strapped on the backpack leaf blower and cleaned up the outside a bit after the winter we had a couple weeks ago. (Looks like winter was only 2 weeks long this year.) Temps in the 60's and just beautiful to be out doors all day.

My new cast iron pan came in the mail and DW is baking a cake for me in it tonight.

61LWoaYNjpL._AA1051_.jpg

31CP27R6KAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Called the dentist office, because a tooth is hurting. This growing old is getting old.

Went to see the movie "Hugo" on recommendation from friends. Another movie about the movies. Meh.

Off to the dentist to get a broken filling replaced. "Gas?" "Yes, please!". I know. What a wimp.

And the results are in! Negative! No cancer, just a prostate the size of a grapefruit. OK, more like a big walnut. This, I can deal with. Funny sounding drugs, a little roto-rooter... :)

This is GREAT news!!!!

The sweetest feeling ever, hearing good news when you're anticipating the opposite. Negative! Yay!

I thought maybe I'd learn how to tune a piano since pianos at gigs are often out of tune. Maybe I could touch things up. Today I got together with a piano tuner friend and tried tuning a note or two.

Forget it, it's too hard. Just moving the lever the right way is tricky, and I thought that would be the easy part.

Yesterday we watched the movie "In Time"

Very entertaining, I liked it! The concept of time as currency was very interesting. I've never seen Justin Timberlake in a movie.... not bad.

When I let my dogs out this morning, I heard birds singing. A true sign of spring! :dance:

We've had a very mild winter here, i.e. very little snow. All of the snowmobilers are crying, but the rest of us are happy to not have to move that cursed white stuff around with a shovel.

In between studying and keeping me entertained ;), Mr B is in full tax return prep mode for his veteran buddies. Most of them are on limited incomes, so they are very appreciative of what he does for them. I am lucky to have a guy with such a generous heart. :D

I'm still nursing this blasted cold bug, but feeling less congested by the day. I was able to do my weekly volunteer kitchen prep and table bussing duty last night, but slowly with lots of breaks.

Mr B is a full fledged Patriots fan, but I still taunt him with an occasional
GO GIANTS GO GIANTS GO GIANTS :LOL:
We will watch the game tomorrow at a local Legion with good friends. I may make up some munchies for all to enjoy along with the pizza that the Post is providing for free.

Great news, and yes, this is something you can deal with..... you will be fine. I'm happy for you, good luck with the roto-rooter best wishes for a speedy recovery!

DW and I went downhill skiing for the day yesterday. While it was cold (12F when we started), the sun was out so we could see well. The groomed trails were very good, particularly in the morning but were starting to get skied off and icy in the afternoon.

I guess I need to sharpen my edges. I used to do them myself back in the day (mainly because I was poor) and now that I am RE and have more time I am thinking about doing them myself again. Crazy, huh?

Nice sunny day again today. Lot of people out on the lake ice fishing.

That is wonderful news!!!

Thanks, everyone! DW and I will be going out to celebrate next week. I'll probably dine on something dangerous. Steak maybe. :)

Todays big project involves piles of random small hand tools and related odds and ends. Sort, organize, and for a few things, possibly give away. Clutch alignment tool for a Triumph TR-4? Airflow gauge for an SU carburetor? I haven't owned a little British car for over 30 years. (The Caterham isn't really British under the hood.). It's funny what we accumulate.

Thanks, everyone! DW and I will be going out to celebrate next week. I'll probably dine on something dangerous. Steak maybe. :)

Todays big project involves piles of random small hand tools and related odds and ends. Sort, organize, and for a few things, possibly give away. Clutch alignment tool for a Triumph TR-4? Airflow gauge for an SU carburetor? I haven't owned a little British car for over 30 years. (The Caterham isn't really British under the hood.). It's funny what we accumulate.
Glad to hear of your good news. :)

Eh stuff. Yeah, I still have an unopened box of points and condenser for early 60s Chevy. Oh, and a clutch stabbing tool that I have no idea what car it's for. :blush: We all do it I guess....

You boyz and yer tools...I swear. :angel:

Been cleaning house today...dusting and pitching stuff I no longer want to dust.

DH is on his way to look at/probably buy a tool chest he found on Craigslist. He has a couple of tool chests, but says this is a great deal and is just what he wants.

Now he'll be organized and will find things he no longer needs...

Boyz....:rolleyes:

:)

Glad to hear of your good news. :)

Eh stuff. Yeah, I still have an unopened box of points and condenser for early 60s Chevy. Oh, and a clutch stabbing tool that I have no idea what car it's for. :blush: We all do it I guess....

That set of points/condenser for the Chevy might be worth something. My nephew had a 60s era Mercury outboard that he needed points/condenser for and finally found some but they cost him $75. A lot, but a lot less than a new outboard.

You boyz and yer tools...I swear. :angel:

Been cleaning house today...dusting and pitching stuff I no longer want to dust.

DH is on his way to look at/probably buy a tool chest he found on Craigslist. He has a couple of tool chests, but says this is a great deal and is just what he wants.

Now he'll be organized and will find things he no longer needs...

Boyz....:rolleyes:

:)

A guy should have at least the same amount of tool chest storage that a woman has in her kitchen.

A guy should have at least the same amount of tool chest storage that a woman has in her kitchen.
Oh...yes...I hear ya. Kind of a tit for tat thing...

Last year I sold my car; one of the reasons is it just wasn't needed any longer. The other reason is because the garage was cluttered with our other car and his motorcycle. He couldn't play out there like he wanted.

...and btw, he has more storage than 'my' kitchen. Seven cabinets and three tool chests. ...and if he buys this tool chest today, it will be four.

More tat than tit around our household. ;)

edit to add....He bought the tool chest...actually there were two, so now he has five tool chests. He is one happy camper. :)

Last edited:

Great news !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom