what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I slept in again until 10 AM. My sleep continues to be interrupted by frequent hot flashes. :mad: I keep the AC and overhead fan on all night, but it's still not enough to prevent them.

This nonsense will end soon, right ? Right ? RIGHT ?? :bat:

:LOL:

Today's forecast was rain and thunderstorms, so still no boat launch. I have until July 4th to get it on the slip without forfeiting the spot, so no biggie.
I did a little vacuuming in the living room and bedroom. I watched the rain pour down in sheets, complete with thunder and lightning. During a rain break, I went out and moved a few of my smaller plant containers under cover so they don't get waterlogged.
I connected my laptop so we could watch the tail end of the Red Sox game from yesterday.
Mr B is studying for his IRS accepted agent exam while I surf.

Nice easy relaxing day at the homestead...I have the Easy Listening digital music channel on for background. If I put the more mellow Soundscapes channel on, I might fall asleep in the chair.

Rained here today too. Unusual for me I woke up at 4 am and could not get back to sleep so I got up and continued my binge watching of Reckless on Netflix and finished the first season and then learned it was cancelled after the first season. Too bad, I quite liked it.

Had breakfast and watched the morning news and then went into the garage and cleaned/detailed the inside of our truck since I'll be using it for a golf trip and a fishing trip later this week. It was a bit of a mess and had not been done thoroughly in quite a while.

Then I had lunch, returned to clean the glass inside and out and cleaned the tonneau cover.

Then I took a well deserved nap.

Went urban hiking through the streets of Chicago. Go Blackhawks!

18431894050_946f25dc86_k.jpg

So, a 500-mi dash is made today, and NW-Bound is back home in the blistering SW. After a few thousand miles, several hundred gallons of gas, the RV Trip of 2015 which started early in April has ended. All is left are some lousy photos, and memory of some nice campgrounds, as well as that of a few nights at Walmarts, and one at a particularly noisy truck stop.

I have some business to take care of, else perhaps would have gone longer.

I had something cool happen! Yesterday, DH and I drove to a state park about an hour from here. We each enjoyed a slice of lemon ice box pie and iced coffee, while enjoying the gorgeous view out the huge lodge windows.

At the table next to us, I noticed a woman who looked familiar from FB. She looked like a college roommate. I was showing DH FB photos, asking, Does that woman look like this? DH thought she kinda-sorta did.

I approached them and, sure enough! Had not seen her since 1977. We enjoyed a 30 min visit with plans to meet at a local pub when his brother's band plays. What an unexpected surprise.

So surprising, we forgot to do any hiking and headed home shortly afterwards.

Decided on the 5th wheel that we'll be buying before year end. Right floor plan, great quality and I like that Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company.

We found out that the behemoth will have to be towed with a BIG dually but that's ok, we're about to retire and plan to have fun while we can.

Decided on the 5th wheel that we'll be buying before year end. Right floor plan, great quality and I like that Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company.

We found out that the behemoth will have to be towed with a BIG dually but that's ok, we're about to retire and plan to have fun while we can.

If it's a Trilogy, you may need a dually like this to safely haul it:

Attachments

• imagegd_big_inside.jpg
    imagegd_big_inside.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 18
If it's a Trilogy, you may need a dually like this to safely haul it:

Lol, no need to go quite that big. It's the Cedar Creek 39 footer. Total loaded weight is ~16k so we're looking at a Chevy 3500hd diesel dually. The dually is actually a bit overkill but we'd rather get something that is a little too much in case we decide to full time it and go bigger on the trailer.

The truck may be big but it's living space looks small! DH and I could never be one of those cutting edge couples living in a tiny house. the marriage would not survive!

Last weekend, DH asked if I could make some strawberry freezer jam this year since I'm ER'd and might have the time. So yesterday

Oops, hit the wrong button. To continue: over the past two days I made two batches of freezer jam, a batch of "cooked" jam, a pie, and put some crushed berries in the freezer so we can enjoy strawberry shortcake sometime later this year. That should keep DH happy!

I was just joking about living inside the truck. ;)

On the road, I have seen semitruck drivers with presumably their wifes in the cab with them. I wonder what the space in the cab behind the seats look like. It made a nice niche for a driver to catch a wink during a rest, but is there enough space for two? Do they take turns?

Today is my diabetic eye exam. Fingers crossed.
I hope your exam goes well. :)

As for me, I've been busy while DH is away. Been taking care of various projects around the house. Finished painting the hallway yesterday, so today I decided to treat myself. I went shopping and bought some pretty tees and new cosmetics.

Then, I decided to clean the bbq grill. :yuk: Feeling 'pretty' didn't last long.

Getting ready for out "big trip". Found out BIL and his family will use our house for their vacation while we're gone... so that means I can't leave it in a shambles. I hate housework so this isn't a fun addition to the pre-trip prep.

We're doing some interesting meal planning - figuring out what we can make from the contents of the fridge and freezer.

Thanks, BBBam! Been hanging with my dog who had the surgery, $1k more than estimated. No vacation for me anymore...

Went out with DW to collect a $45 check from a consignment shop where DW had left her motorcycle riding gear. They sold the jacket but not the pants yet. They could have mailed the check of course but she wanted to go to a store nearby anyway for some socks. Then to the bank and deposit said check, then to the gym, then to the farmer's market near there for some fresh corn and blueberries. Went home, cooked some of the corn, read a book for a while, then posting here while munching green grapes and blueberries.

Getting ready for out "big trip". Found out BIL and his family will use our house for their vacation while we're gone... so that means I can't leave it in a shambles. I hate housework so this isn't a fun addition to the pre-trip prep.

Are you charging them rent? If not, leave a few chores for them (although I understand you can't just leave everything in total disarray.

My big project today was moving our printer/scanner from DH's office/man cave into my craft room/2nd guest room. He has been [-]demanding[/-] asking that I do this for quite a while - he gets really annoyed about once a month when I bother him a little too much, and then he doesn't mention it for weeks. I needed to rearrange some things anyway, so I also tackled a couple of boxes - one was stuff from my office drawers and the other from the desk drawer at our previous house. Neither had been opened in close to 5 years. Found lots of junk and a few treasures - the hole punch I've had since jr. high, and my HP12C that I've had since 2nd semester of business school in 1981. Just for grins, I picked up new batteries at the grocery store this afternoon and it still works like a charm!

In addition to the project (he is happy!), I made arrangements to have recall work done on our RV, made reservations at a campground for this weekend, paid some bills, emptied the shredder, recycled the newspapers, and did the grocery shopping.

Last edited:
Big workout today...5 mile run, 1.5 hours weight training...

Tomorrow catching a ferry to head over to "my island"...a week of gardening, fishing (with subsequent deep frying of fresh fillets), crabbing, some good hikes...

And lots of this of course. Cause it's what I do. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 22
Swapped out 4 ceiling incandescent spot lights in our kitchen with 4 LED conversion units. Added a dimmer on the system. Will do the same where other high use bulbs are over time.

Spent the day at a beautiful mountain lake with DH, DD, and puppy. We had a great time, relaxed, had a picnic, played in the water, and got a bit too much sun. Puppy was beyond tired after all that and has been sleeping for the past 3 hours. I bet she sleeps until morning.

DW and I took a leisurely drive from South Fl to Chicago to hang out with the family for a while. It was a pleasant and uneventful trip. The highways were the busiest we've seen in almost a decade. Lots of trucks and RVs, hotel parking lots were full, and we saw three moving vans this trip - compared with three in total over the last 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom