what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent the weekend here with the entire family (two daughters, their husbands and our five grandkids) celebrating the end of the school year. Very enjoyable and laid back. The grandkids spent hours fishing in the pond - they had a great time, and so did we.

Sounds like great fun. One of the things I hope to be able to do someday is get the whole family together like that.

Spent the weekend here with the entire family (two daughters, their husbands and our five grandkids) celebrating the end of the school year. Very enjoyable and laid back. The grandkids spent hours fishing in the pond - they had a great time, and so did we.

Really nice, REW. The little ones must have loved it.

Spent the weekend helping my twin #1 complete his Eagle Scout project. He had a good turnout of helpers and things went smoothly. DW was the engine behind him throughout scout so proud of them both. now twin #2 is in the queue.

What a great place to get the whole family together !

headed out for my appointment with a knee surgeon.

Strangely enough I'm hoping he operates because my quality of life right now s*cks! My accident happened a week ago today and I still can't walk without pain much less do any of the sports that I love.

headed out for my appointment with a knee surgeon.

Strangely enough I'm hoping he operates because my quality of life right now s*cks! My accident happened a week ago today and I still can't walk without pain much less do any of the sports that I love.

Sorry to hear that! I hope your surgeon can come up with a solution for you (whether surgical or not) that will let you get back to living your normal life pain free.

going to Rockies vs Dodgers day game - repping the Astros!

Replaced 8 halogen bulbs in the kitchen's under cabinet lights. Good to flexible! At least with bulbs with pins don't have to remember if righty tighty works upside down looking up.

My family support problems gave me a break, so I was able to get back to my home office rehab. It's finished, I think! ;) I installed the lighting at the desk and bench areas, and re-ran the cabling for various electronics and radios. The furniture is back in. Now I just need to schlep 15 boxes of stuff back there and unpack. (I feel like I'm back at work doing the semiannual office shuffle...)

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

We saw a Cal Shakes play, The Twelfth Night, at an outdoor amphitheater. The cast juiced it up with some modern props like, smart phones, Budweiser and country songs for some good laughs. It is fun seeing a play that is still funny more than 400 years after it was first written.

Mr B is out of town for a few days visiting his Mom in NH, so I am the Queen of the Castle. I'm mostly puttering around, feeling like a human being again after that 5 day stomach bug and low grade fever thing last week.

It's been raining for the past few days...sunny forecast today and the next few days, so it's lawn mowing time. And boat launching time ! :dance:

I have 1 dozen sweet potato slips that arrived by mail 2 days ago. I'm debating between growing them in a large deep pot or using several spare canvas tote bags to try the "potato bag" approach. Maybe both...
I've watched several online videos about planting and care. I never realized I could propogate more plants from the vines. Hmmm...maybe some will get grown indoors over the winter. I have plenty of floor space in my grow room for pots. I have vertical supports for the vines so they don't take over the entire room.
All part of trying to eat healthier. I'm terrible about taking multi-vitamins, so I'm using my love of growing things to improve my diet. :D

Just purchased terrific front row tickets to see The Lion King because we were able to attend a less popular midweek performance . . . yeah for being FIRE'd!

Just purchased terrific front row tickets to see The Lion King because we were able to attend a less popular midweek performance . . . yeah for being FIRE'd!
Ain't it grand! :flowers:

Got myself a new hairdo today.

I've been putting color on my hair for so long, I wasn't sure what color it was. :blush: But after a year of not coloring my hair, getting it trimmed regularly and the short style I went with today, all the bottled color is off. Yippeee!

I'm so pleased with my black hair with silver 'highlights'!

Last edited:
Dropped the dog at the groomers. She has surgery tomorrow and I didn't want her looking like a ragamuffin. Spent the next few hours in Starbucks writing and drinking iced tea. Popped into several stores Target, World Market (what happened to Cost Plus?!), Marshall's, ULTA and was amazed that I didn't buy a single thing though there were so many things I could have bought but kept saying - do I need this now? I didn't.

Pup looks great and my fingers are crossed for tomorrow.

bbbam - my hair has been black with lots of silver highlights for years and I can't tell you how many compliments I get on it. I have had more people tell me never to color it and I never would. It's kinda a cool feature! Men, especially, have said not to color it.

bbbam - my hair has been black with lots of silver highlights for years and I can't tell you how many compliments I get on it. I have had more people tell me never to color it and I never would. It's kinda a cool feature! Men, especially, have said not to color it.
I'm glad it looks good on you and you've had many positive comments made. :) I really like my 'new' look. It was such a difference after I got all the colored treated hair cut off, I almost didn't recognize myself.

Fingers crossed here too your pup will do well tomorrow. :flowers:

Sad day the last couple days. DD called me about 9 am on Wednesday to let me know that one of her two cats had been hospitalized and that the prognosis was not good. He had been lethargic, wasn't eating a lot and had started vomiting.

Anyway, long story short, we ended up going to visit her (only 1 1/2 hours away) to support her and see him (the cat) and say our goodbyes. He has spent a lot of time at our house over the 9 years she has had him after picking him up as a 2 month old stray on the streets of Albany, NY. He is my favorite cat of the 5 cats we have had in the family over the years... a really sweet cat and pretty.

He was jaundiced, dehydrated and his bile ducts were not draining properly and they tried treating him with antibiotics, steroids and an IV. Unfortunately, his conditioned worsened overnight and the vet recommended that he be put down and DD reluctantly agreed that he shouldn't suffer any longer.

She came to our house and she and DW buried him under a large pot of flowers in one of our gardens. We are sad that this sweet cat is gone and went so fast (he seemed fine just a few days ago) but are relieved that the poor thing isn't suffering and we got nine years of joy from him.

We have lost two other cats, but they just went out as they normally go in and out all the time but never came home, so we never had to make a decision like this.

RIP Jameson.

So sorry, Pb4. I know how it feels and it is the hardest thing. Here's to you, Jameson.

bbbam - thank you for your thoughts for my Frankie!

I've taken three of our cats on their final journey to the vet. It is never easy. My sincere condolences, pb4uski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom