what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went on a quick shakedown camping trip, in prep for our upcoming cross-country trip, mostly to check out our new, big air mattress (like this one), and it's a good thing we did!

We got it at a garage sale for $4 with the pump. The mattress is in like-new condition. It's as comfortable as our mattress at home and fits perfectly in the tent. The pump inflates it or deflates it in about one minute using four rechargeable AA cells (in D cell adapters).

By 3:30 AM it had deflated completely, and we were on the ground. :(

I found the pinprick leak today, and will repair it based on advice from the Internet.

img_809417_0_299d30ffad106d59c29b7b8681258ae6.jpg

img_809417_1_687c5bc8f57b178f4419a8de43d02a59.jpg

I also realized we need some better reading lights, and will pick up two of these on the trip.

And that stuff really works well, too.

To get you off this topic, here's the other thing I did today. I finished the graduation announcements. The fun part was that we had the picture below of DD graduating from preschool, so I included that in the announcement.

img_809492_0_0ba2a145afa7d68783f4ed89a1cda394.jpg

What a cute idea ! I have to say one of the proudest moments of my life was seeing my kids graduate and graduate and graduate some more .

Volunteered at the court today, went for a tanning session and came home. Traded my shorts and sandals for jeans and boots and hopped on the motorcycle for a three hour ride. It was perfect weather for riding....mid 80's and a calm breeze. Along the ride I took a butt break and saluted some Longhorns then came home.

Such a glorious day!

Simple day...
Up at 5:45 AM to do send-off (to the salt mines) duty for dh2b.
20 mins on exercise bike + 75 arm curls with 3 lb barbells.
Picked up a replacement carburetor for my Honda F200 mid-tine tiller.
Went to Chinese buffet with dh2b and former co-w*rkers.
Came home and surfed, overtaken by an involuntary :D kitty nap for an hour.
Goofing off online x 2...

went for a hike in az. now I'm surfing aboard a wi-fi equipped flight to Chicago using my iPod. This technology stuff is amazing.

Simple day...
Up at 5:45 AM to do send-off (to the salt mines) duty for dh2b.
20 mins on exercise bike + 75 arm curls with 3 lb barbells.
Picked up a replacement carburetor for my Honda F200 mid-tine tiller.
Went to Chinese buffet with dh2b and former co-w*rkers.
Came home and surfed, overtaken by an involuntary :D kitty nap for an hour.
Goofing off online x 2...

How high was the surf in New York today??

Drove to my Salsa lesson. About 1 mile from the school, my car's transmission stopped shifting. Turns out that the morons at the Goodyear didn't seal the underside transmission fluid drain properly. I had to walk to the closest Autozone to get more ATF+4. I don't know how many years the idiots knocked off my transmission, and this from a transmission fluid replacement that was supposed to help extend the transmission's life. Those people will hear about it tomorrow morning!

Played an afternoon gig at an assisted living center. Great audience, nice place. 95% women -- I guess the guys don't last as long.

Spent last night in the hospital with my aunt, but she did get to go home today. She had a virus of some kind and couldn't eat or breathe worth a crap. Been an interesting week. Sure hope she bounces back, pretty shaky right now. At 97, she can't take much.

Was suppose to be in the air headed to Cancun for nephew's wedding. Oh well, maybe I can get golf back on the menu next week. Where are my med's?:blink:

Spent last night in the hospital with my aunt, but she did get to go home today. She had a virus of some kind and couldn't eat or breathe worth a crap. Been an interesting week. Sure hope she bounces back, pretty shaky right now. At 97, she can't take much.

Was suppose to be in the air headed to Cancun for nephew's wedding. Oh well, maybe I can get golf back on the menu next week. Where are my med's?:blink:

Sorry to hear that. Looks like we are both having a pretty crappy week, but I think yours tops mine.

Watched my god children while watching Transformers. Fun day. I love little kids. Almost makes me wish I had my own....almost.. ;)

Thanks for Asking, Gumby!

Well, first -- as for all that mulch....it is mostly for the yard itself since our house is lakefront property and it is sloping and tough to keep good grass.....since the house is up for sale and the realtors open house is soon, DH and I need to get it into great shape. With the lousy weather we've had, this ain't easy!! And our daughter did have her baby last Thursday -- we made the trek to Cinci and helped her out with the baby and the two year old....what fun being grandparents is!! Returning next month to help the family move to a larger house.....better get our bodies in shape fast!!

Sorry Dawg ,At 97 they are so fragile !

Your aunt is lucky to have you.

Sorry Dawg ,At 97 they are so fragile !

Physically, yes. However,my grandmother at 97 was a force to be reckoned with. She would give you the "look", and even my 65 year old uncle would cringe.........:D

Your aunt is lucky to have you.

Wow, give me a hug.:flowers: Actually, I'm the lucky one. I grew up next door to her so she is like a second mother to me. She has always been very generous, helping me out in college, nice gifts here and there and just always being there like a mom. I haven't heard her say a bad thing about anyone. She deserves all I can give and more.

Enough of the mushy stuff, time to slip off to the golf course for a quick nine.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom