what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old trick of RV ers. If ice cube melts in freezer, you know the freezer failed. If only a little of the Ice cube is melted, the failure is recent.

Old trick of RV ers. If ice cube melts in freezer, you know the freezer failed. If only a little of the Ice cube is melted, the failure is recent.

Thanks. Learn something new every day.

Crazy hot for April here in Virginia, mid 90's over the weekend and today. I cut on the sawmill this morning for about 3 hours, cut some beautiful cherry wood. Propped up an patio umbrella near the controls to spend some time out of the sun. Great smell too but home by about 1:30. We opened our swimming pool a couple of weeks ago just because we like the look better than having the cover on- thermometer read 75 degrees so jumped in, brrrr, spent about 10 minutes but definitely cooled me off, may want to check that thermometer! Hot weather supposed to be here tomorrow and then cool off to 60's and 70's later in the week.

Going through the pre-trip checklist. I have several weeks worth of granola in the oven now.
Granola comment reminded me...I finally made those oatmeal + PB + honey + chocolate energy bars this past weekend. I had to put more oatmeal (18 oz total, or a regular paper canister) in than the recipe called for to get them to hold together.
Ad libbed a little...instead of using the 13"x9" pan, I used a large ice cream scoop to fill small size snack bags to make the "bars". Pushed all the air out of the bag and rolled/flattened them. Each is now individually wrapped and in the freezer. Grab and go! :D
They were unbelievably delicious. TY again for that recipe link :flowers:

After digging out an old tree stump yesterday (small one!), continued my destructive methods by severely pruning a rhododendron and splitting a sage bush to grow around a telephone pole. A neighbor took down the rotting arbor covered in vines.

Looks good.

Took a nap.

-- Rita

Went to the grocery store. Very windy in Ohio.

A man wheeling out his grocery cart had some stuff blow off; people of various colors and ages and genders helped gather up stuff and help him get it back into his cart.

Sometimes I have hope for humanity.

Absolutely glorious day today. Wonderful spring weather. I met with my language partner and we walked around Cal Anderson Park just discussing flowers, music, girls, beisbol and anything else of interest. He helped me better understand a song by Maná named Mariposa Traicionera which is about-what else- the fickle treacherous nature of beautiful women.

Then I picked up some nice Champagne and came back to my apartment where we were having a very festive and well alcoholed birthday party for our highly esteemed manger. Lots of my neighbors have been here for 10 years or more.

Oh- I met a super sweet young Korean woman named Daisy.

Haha and his friend Rafael-

img_810935_0_5105c78a30fa4b65193f3817f6613b77.jpg

Haha, Rafael and Daisy
img_810935_1_eb2053ad129e695210197776e05de9a7.jpg

ha

I am taking a rest today from any more cleaning! Did some laundry and hung it off the balcony.
Took Casanova on the balcony to watch the people go to work.
Surfing.....relaxing.....paid bills.....need some motivation to get out of the house!

Checked NWS radio for weather - decided to go for it and get the early garden planting done before fronts arrive that are due later today and the rest of the week.
Transplanted strawberry runners back into the bed, planted regular and edible pod peas, radishes, leeks, and Spanish onions. Forgot to bring bug spray and my straw hat - so my head got eaten alive by blackflies.
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2167.html
My cheek under my left eye looks like I was involved in a bar brawl. :(
Hibernating in my screened in porch. :hide:

Lovely day taking care of my baby grandson, took him on a stroller ride around his neighborhood. Lots of flowers, trees in bud. Had some take out Chinese for dinner. Life is good.:)

Great pictures Ha!

Went to w*rk. Fairly productive day, marred by a nasty email. Upcoming young whippersnapper we've been mentoring for the past several months provided email "feedback" which on the operation of the team which was quite hurtful to those who had worked hardest to teach him the ropes. Thanks a lot kid! Guess who I won't be going to bat for next time!

The young can be very arrogant. A nice dose of recession would do this young person the world of good. :mad:

Loved the photos, Ha. Sounds like a great day. Daisy is sure sitting close to you...possibly smitten? :)

Oh, what did I do yesterday? w*rk w*rk w*rk w*rk w*rk w*rk. :( Then watched American Idol and went to bed two hours early.

Asparagus

Today there was one truck at the farmers' market. They had asparagus! (and spinach).

Lunch was asparagus sauteed in ghee with a touch of soy sauce.

Tough day - coffee and lazy AM, then motivated and went to local nursery. I bought Jet Star tomato and Cubanelle sweet pepper plants. Got a freebie pansy pack :D. I was "adopted" by owners many years ago.
Onward to Chinese buffet and dollar store. Picked up some great 12" hanging planter pots with 10" deep coco liners in a flared round metal frame with chains for $5 each. These babies will last me a lifetime.
Pansies + planters + planting medium on hand + a little bit of labor = 4 hanging planters for $20 versus paying $15 or more :blink: per single
pre-made hanging basket. It's fun being cheap! I get to play with dirt. :)

Worked at the court. Came home and ate a banana. Went to the dentist and had three cavities filled.

thuferin' thuckatash.....:blink:

Filled up an empty refrigerator. Cleaned various state bugs off my car. Going through the mail. Got some good paper to burn :D

Yesterday washed the buggy motorcycle. Why do all the insects in the county jump in front of me? The windshield was getting hard to see through.

Q: What is the last thing to go through a bug's mind when it hits the windshield?

A: His ass.

Then grocery store, spent way too much, then washed a thick layer of pollen off the pickup truck.

Today is taking out the 30 screens on the back porch in preparation for cleaning and waterproofing the porch and deck. When I get away from this keyboard....

What a day. Took my aunt to the doc for a follow up from last weeks hospital stay. Well the doc determines she is having congestive heart failure and has an ambulance pick her up and take her the emergency room. So I spend all day over there while they run test. Then the heart doc comes around and ask what would I like for them to do for her as she is in no worse shape from when they released her last week. I shake my head and tell him I had no intention of bringing her to the hospital when I got up this morning, but her regular doc wanted her brought here. Long story made short......they basically do nothing and let me bring her home. She is just old and old people don't eat enough to keep them going. That is the battle. Getting her to eat.

Oh well, part of what we all have to face if we live long enough. Time for one of my med's.:blink:

... She is just old and old people don't eat enough to keep them going. That is the battle. Getting her to eat.

Oh well, part of what we all have to face if we live long enough. Time for one of my med's.:blink:

Sorry to hear about your aunt's ongoing struggle...you must ENSURE she gets enough...

R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom