What did you do today? 2016 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back to our 2nd home in the AZ high country. This annual RV trip is a bit short (4 weeks) compared to the one last year which was twice as long. The Colorado unpredictable weather is wearing me out. So is the wind across New Mexico on I-40 on the way home.

I don't know what travel we will take for the rest of the year, but there's a pre-booked stay in a Mexican resort in late May with our children and the son-in-law.

Last edited:
I caught a fish.

As a kid, I fished with my dad. I took my kids fishing a few times, but I haven't fished in twenty years. I decided to buy a license and give it a try tonight.

It took about 10 minutes of casting from the dock and one lure change, but I got a nice bass.

Congratulations!

Nowadays, is it excusable to not have a photo to accompany a fish story?

By the way, that's one more fish than I have ever caught in my life.

PS. Oops. Saw that you have fished before, so this is not your 1st.

I caught a fish.

As a kid, I fished with my dad. I took my kids fishing a few times, but I haven't fished in twenty years. I decided to buy a license and give it a try tonight.

It took about 10 minutes of casting from the dock and one lure change, but I got a nice bass.

Nice! Now you're hooked!

B-25 Flight

I went to a nearby airport in the county today and took a half hour flight in a B-25! I asked the pilot to fly over our home and our local airport. I called DW and the airport to let them know we were coming. The pilot took off, turned right, and flew up our valley over our home and airport! I was in the tail taking pictures, and it was fantastic!
Tomorrow I am scheduled to take instruction in flying the B-25!

Attachments

• IMG_5838.jpg
    IMG_5838.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5848.JPG
    IMG_5848.JPG
    631.4 KB · Views: 19
PS. Oops. Saw that you have fished before, so this is not your 1st.

Far from it. Besides the recreational fishing we did as kids, my dad was a charter fishing captain on Lake Ontario for about ten years. I worked on his boat for a couple of summers, setting the down riggers and outriggers as we trolled for salmon.

My tips were always better than my brother's, probably because I played up the "poor college student" aspect of my life. And maybe because the customers felt sorry for the poor girl who had to work on her daddy's boat, touching fish and getting dirty. 😉

I went to a nearby airport in the county today and took a half hour flight in a B-25! I asked the pilot to fly over our home and our local airport. I called DW and the airport to let them know we were coming. The pilot took off, turned right, and flew up our valley over our home and airport! I was in the tail taking pictures, and it was fantastic!
Tomorrow I am scheduled to take instruction in flying the B-25!

Looks like tremendous fun. I am envious.

We had play tickets for tonight but I turned them in and instead we ended up having a catch up on sleep and household errands today. We saw the touring production of the musical Kinky Boots last night. That was a lot of fun and got a standing ovation at the end. But we got home pretty late for us so today we decided to sleep in. Today I've been catching up on filing and for some reason actually making a lot of headway on the paper piles.

I have to watch how I skim/read posts; was all excited about seeing "Kinky Boobs".

Never mind...

I have to watch how I skim/read posts; was all excited about seeing "Kinky Boobs".

Never mind...

More boots than boobs, since it is based on a true story about a British shoe factory that stays profitable despite competition from cheap imports by:

"a random phone call from a woman from a fetish shoe shop in Folkstone, who asked Steve if he could supply her with ladies' shoes in men's sizes. The niche market of erotic footwear in men's sizes suddenly opened up for Steve."

The real story behind those kinky boots - Northampton Chronicle and Echo

Never mind...

If they've got kinks, they would not look good would they? I would not get excited.

Anyway, back in my low-desert home where the high got to 100 already, I saw that the tomato seedlings that I grew from seeds and transplanted before the RV trip have grown to 2-ft high and are bearing fruits. Maybe I will be successful and have some home-grown fruits after a few failed attempts over the years. In another month, I hope to have some colorful photos to post for bragging rights. Hope I have not jinxed it.

Last edited:
Getting a root canal in an hour. Now that is fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Will you post a selfie during the operation?

Went out to the big box store with DW and bought the freezer she's been wanting. There's only two of us in the house so I don't know why we need one, but it'll be delivered Monday.

Then we went out to lunch, and then home.

Now she's making noises about having hardwood flooring replace the carpeting in the family room. Sigh.

Went out to the big box store with DW and bought the freezer she's been wanting. There's only two of us in the house so I don't know why we need one, but it'll be delivered Monday.

Now she's making noises about having hardwood flooring replace the carpeting in the family room. Sigh.

Walt, have you lost your mind? You need one be cause she wants one. :cool:

And with those SS checks rolling in every month, why not remodel the entire house!

But, but, but... that's LOTS more fun than spending money on camera gear or radio controlled thing-a-ma-jigs! :D

But, but, but... that's LOTS more fun than spending money on camera gear or radio controlled thing-a-ma-jigs! :D

For her anyway.:D But we're on on the same page as far as LBYM goes so when the cash is there to pay for it I really won't mind. She's a sweetheart and if it makes her smile then it's worth it.:smitten:

For her anyway.:D But we're on on the same page as far as LBYM goes so when the cash is there to pay for it I really won't mind. She's a sweetheart and if it makes her smile then it's worth it.:smitten:

Aw!!!! You two sound wonderful for each other. :D

When we bought our condo last year, DW liked everything but the carpeting on the main floor. She was dithering about what to do, and I suggested simply having hardwood flooring put in on the entire floor, as the simplest solution I could think of.

You wouldn't believe the number of bonus hubby brownie points I racked up from that one!
Not really as expensive as I thought, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom