What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read a book took a few walks and watched it snow. Sometimes doing nothing feels good also.

Nice lazy winter day. Coffee, Mass, lit a fire and read the paper with a purring cat in my lap, Downton Abbey marathon (on PBS).

Put away Christmas gifts ,took down the decorations and maybe pork and sauerkraut .Nice relaxing day !

Day 2 in bed with the flu. SO glad to be retired otherwise would be annoyed that I missed out on the fun of New Years.

Downton Abbey marathon (on PBS).

Never really cared for dramas, let alone period pieces, but there's something about that show that had me and the SO marathoning it on PBS last winter while it snowed.

Got the decorations down and put away today. Vacuumed afterwards. Watched our Seattle Hawks win. Now on the laptop looking for a vacation place for about a month in California. Nice day and back to "normal", whatever that is around here. Happy New Year everyone!

Watched the Rose day parade. Wow, never saw it before, beautiful!!

Day 2 in bed with the flu. SO glad to be retired otherwise would be annoyed that I missed out on the fun of New Years.

You and the Queen (Elizabeth). Unfortunately, she can't really retire!

It is going to be one of those winters. I moved snow again and will have to go out late afternoon and move some more. I will read today and do some carving if I get motivated to do so. Lol

I have been fighting a gremlin living in one of my network file servers. My children got me a digital frame, and in the process of going through my photos to select some to load into the frame, I observed some weird things going on with one of the servers.

Been working on this all of yesterday, actually starting before New Year Eve. Frigging computer stuff can be an extreme time waster. :(

Worked on a new blog, which I started as part of my New Year's resolution to live a more conscious life. I input my daily goals, and added an inspirational-to-me photo. Looking forward to keeping it going throughout the year. Then made a fennel-potato au gratin to take to an Open House later in the day.

To the gym afterward for a bike workout, plus 200 crunches. Gym was nice and quiet . . . the calm before the inevitable crush of new folk arrive tomorrow. Attended a service at a new-to-me congregation and liked it. Picked up the au gratin dish on the way to an New Years open house at our neighbors, and enjoyed lots of catching up with everyone. Shocking to realize that most of us met when our children were young, and now a good majority of us are grandparents.

Brought home enough leftovers, thanks to the hostess, to negate needing to make dinner. Enjoyed the leftovers while watching football via our free Sling trial this week. To bed at 10PM.

Not much. Still in holiday mode. But I read an article about the new investment account the Norwegian government is introducing later this year. So we get to choose from one of three with various pros and cons.

And can move investments over to the new type with no penalty if we do so before 2018. So a potentional important decision eventually must be made.

I think I will both sleep on it and drink on it!

Went running, watching the Black Hawks on the winter classic, then a little woodworking. Then eat the rest of the day.

Went out for a small grocery run. Going through a detour of side streets and hit ice. Lots of ice, only going about 3-5 MPH truck in four wheel drive. Sliding through the corner, no traction, no brakes, little steering. Finally hit a patch someone had been stuck in and regained enough control to stay out of the lake.

Came home, changed pants, and ran the snowblower.

Went out for a small grocery run. Going through a detour of side streets and hit ice. Lots of ice, only going about 3-5 MPH truck in four wheel drive. Sliding through the corner, no traction, no brakes, little steering. Finally hit a patch someone had been stuck in and regained enough control to stay out of the lake.

Came home, changed pants, and ran the snowblower.

:2funny::2funny::2funny:

I'm so glad you avoided a dip in the lake. :eek: :eek:

Brings back memories of driving in Maine winters. I do not miss it at all.

Had to travel for work today, even though it is a company holiday. :mad:
No wonder I'm RE in 3 months!!!! :dance:

Last edited:
I'm trying to learn how to play a new song every day. Today I took on one of my favourites...Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty. There is a lot of sliding on the bass so I used my old Precision with flatwound strings (no squeaks). I love the sax in this song:

Joined a gym. Intention is to lose 15 pounds by this time next year. Yes, I am the person you gym "regulars" roll your eyes at every year at this time of year.

Went to the gym. Every parking space was filled, so came home. Will go again tomorrow. Sauteed salmon with capers and roasted red peppers over brown rice for dinner. Helped DH dismantle Christmas but decided to keep the mistletoe up all year, if only to annoy our kids.

Last edited:
We are driving back home to Colorado today from a visit to see family in New Mexico. Hoping to get back before the snowstorm sets in.

Starting the year with a nasty cold. Drinking plenty of hot lemon tea with honey and taking it easy. Rebalanced portfolio this morning. I have been too lazy to take the Christmas tree down but it has to be done... soon. I am also behind on my correspondence, and I really should get on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom