What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a call with my new Fidelity rep. How rude, my old guy retired and didn't tell me. :)

Since our move he couldn't really help anyway. New guy is a phone rep and likely we will never meet face to face. I like him, he asked a couple of very pointed questions about managed vs index funds. Much to my surprise he suggested moving out of the few managed funds I still have. He's sending a suggestion to review.

Based on a different thread here about advice on Roth vs. ACA subsidies I asked for input. His suggestion was a good CPA might help.:)

Afternoon was fun, UPS delivered a pair of snowshoes. Got to try them on the crusty snow on the ground, work great. I'm ordering another pair for DW now.

Drove from Orlando to Cocoa Beach, had lunch on the beach. We are practicing being snow birds.

Yes, that is where we had lunch, on the patio, right next to the beach, it was lovely.

Yes, that is where we had lunch, on the patio, right next to the beach, it was lovely.

We have a place just north of there. If you are looking for another road trip to that area, take 3 south out of Merritt Island and go all the way south to Indian Harbor Beach. Such a neat drive. You can then take A1A all the way up to Port Canaveral and have lunch there.

Today is resort day. Slept in, had a pot of coffee, made breakfast in our room. On porch now, we will go down to the pool area eventually.

Said goodbye to our last visitor this morning. We've had family guests since early December, with only 1 day free. Whew! Glad they came, glad they left. :)

Said goodbye to our last visitor this morning. We've had family guests since early December, with only 1 day free. Whew! Glad they came, glad they left. :)
Wow, that's above and beyond when it comes to hospitality. I really think you need to invest in some uncomfortable mattresses.

Get one of those pull out couches with the rod that sticks into their back .They will leave after three days .

Went out to celebrate the failure of a recent knee surgery. I figure hey, if you party hard to celebrate the good times, party twice as hard to celebrate the ability to weather bad times. It was a themed pub where many rare microbrews were had, and much delicious food was devoured. There were some board games too. It was an awesome time.

What happened/went wrong?

I broke it good enough to require a few different surgeries to try to put it back together again. This was a last effort to make it useful again before the next option became a full knee replacement. I should say the surgery itself was fine, it's just even the great surgeon that I had could only do so much. At this point you could probably make an interesting picture playing connect the dots with all the surgery scars. :LOL:

I wish you the best!

I took a three mile walk looking for deer antlers. It finally got up to 11 above and very light wind. The snow is about 20" but soft and fluffy so not to bad breaking a trial.

Special order ceiling tiles arrived for my basement reno. I went to Home Depot and managed to fit 6 boxes of tiles and 10 - 12 foot long pieces of track in my tiny Subaru Impreza with a back seat that doesn't fold down. I had to feed the tracks through a narrow pass through and then through the opening in the headrest of the passenger seat and then out the passenger window. :LOL:

Oh no, what have I done? I volunteered through AARP to do tax returns for people and training starts tomorrow. I have to set an alarm, and training is every day this week! No good deed goes unpunished.

Snow shoed in to my cabin which is 1 mile and the snow was deep. Got a fire started and took a look around and came back to a nice warm cabin. Eat dinner there and walked out late afternoon. A beautiful day.

I did some plowing. Broke my plow truck. Again. I just don't understand what the problem could be. Its only been a plow truck for about 25 years! :LOL:

The automatic transmission shifter got stuck. I can't get in to go in Park. When I discovered this, I drove it back to my place before I turned it off. Sure enough, I can't start it because it won't go into Park. Hopefully, I can finish this story in the "Your recent repair" thread.

We are both sick with whatever-it-is that is going around this week. So, after we went out and got hot soup for lunch, we spent the afternoon at my house watching half a dozen Netflix shows together. So much better than being sick while w*rking.

I did some plowing. Broke my plow truck. Again. I just don't understand what the problem could be. Its only been a plow truck for about 25 years! :LOL:

The automatic transmission shifter got stuck. I can't get in to go in Park. When I discovered this, I drove it back to my place before I turned it off. Sure enough, I can't start it because it won't go into Park. Hopefully, I can finish this story in the "Your recent repair" thread.

Got neutral?

Hermit >>> sounds like transmission issues. If you were in a lot of snow/ice things could of got froze up or iced up and not working. Can you get it in some place where it is warm to see if that is the issue. I have seen this before.

Hermit >>> sounds like transmission issues. If you were in a lot of snow/ice things could of got froze up or iced up and not working. Can you get it in some place where it is warm to see if that is the issue. I have seen this before.
I just had a new muffler put on. That might have caused a problem. I will crawl under it today. It is supposed to be 40 degrees and should not be too bad. I keep saying I'm too old to be crawling around under cars in the dirt and snow, but sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom