What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent 4 1/2 hrs sorting clothes and handing those out to poor people along with boxes of food.

Started a new hobby - working with leather. I need a lot more practice and tools before I will be able to make anything worthwhile.

Another visit to the eye doctor - could be on the drops 'indefinitely'; things are improving slightly, but shingles can do a real number on your eyes.

Rain, rain, and more rain. I stayed home and wrote a long letter to a friend in Scotland.

Where? I skied yesterday at Keystone and it was groomed powder and packed powder. I haven't skied in a foot of powder for years. Sounds like fun!

Purgatory - 9" last night, and it snowed a few more during the day. It was light, too! More on the way all weekend.

Purgatory - 9" last night, and it snowed a few more during the day. It was light, too! More on the way all weekend.

I turned down a chance to go to Monarch today. I thought I would be too tired after skiing Thursday. I was right, but Monarch would have been pretty good but not a foot of fresh powder!

Must be the Ontario surcharge? Ours were $199 each in BC.

Why they are not covered is a mystery to me. So much benefit at so little costs.

Hmmm - mine was in that cost ballpark several years ago in the good old USA. And not covered BUT my wife's was free from her mega corp supplemental retirement insurance.

heh heh heh - quirks eh? :cool:

Stopped by the Toyota dealership to look at a Highlander, which should be perfect, and coincidentally will just bring my asset allocation back into line if I sell some small/midcap funds. I can't believe what they want for accessories, though. Will buy a hitch and roof rack on Amazon.

We went to see "Hidden Figures " . It is a great movie and I highly recommend seeing it .

We saw it last weekend. I thought it a very good movie.

We went to see "Hidden Figures " . It is a great movie and I highly recommend seeing it .
Bought it on DVD at the neighborhood kiosk. Saw it last night (trying to avoid Trump coverage). I agree. What a difference 50 years makes...

I turned down a chance to go to Monarch today. I thought I would be too tired after skiing Thursday. I was right, but Monarch would have been pretty good but not a foot of fresh powder!

We drove over to Monarch for the first time last year. One of the all time coldest days I've ever had skiing! I think it was like 18 below. I liked the mountain, but that place can get brutally cold.

Replaced the battery in my 2003 Taurus. Needed to call AAA last night because car wouldn't start. Drove home and parked. Took motorcycle to auto parts store and rode it home with battery strapped to the seat. Changed battery and drove car to auto parts store to get core credit.

This stuff was a lot easier when I had 2 cars - :)

Walked the dog, looked on-line at real estate in Cumbria. currently cooking supper for the kids when they come over. Will watch The Grand Tour later and take the dog out for another few miles.

Brewed 5 gallons of Scotch Ale. About to cook some steaks on the grill.

Wrote Python scripts for Moneydance. This could become addicting...at least for a little while.

Walked in the Women's March on Austin yesterday with some friends and about 50K more folks. It was completely peaceful and amazingly positive. Came home and took a nap, fixed dinner (steak and noodle bowls), then watched Duke beat Miami in a really strange game - all Miami in the first half, all Duke in the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom