What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mushrooms??

Took a couple of pictures of the clumps of mushrooms growing in an un-landscaped area of the back yard. A large tree was in this area and the old tree roots are near the surface of the ground. It's been in the 70's during the day and high 40's at night. Maybe this is the right temperature range for these guys to pop up?

IMG_20171202_161047.jpg

IMG_20171202_161054.jpg

I put on a bite suit and had a 95 lb Belgian Malinois run at me and bite/hold my left arm. All safe- it’s training for the dog but lemme tell you it was a rush.

I put on a bite suit and had a 95 lb Belgian Malinois run at me and bite/hold my left arm. All safe- it’s training for the dog but lemme tell you it was a rush.

Did you wave a 'clacker'* while you ran?

(*Don't know the official name, so I made that one up.)

Did you wave a 'clacker'* while you ran?

(*Don't know the official name, so I made that one up.)

No- in this Mondioring training they have the decoy remain in place and stay focused. So no running or trying to evade the K9. [emoji240]

No- in this Mondioring training they have the decoy remain in place and stay focused. So no running or trying to evade the K9. [emoji240]

I hadn't heard of that so I looked it up:

Mondioring – US Mondioring

(As I started to read I thought of Schutzhund...and, lo & behold....)

Sounds like fun for all concerned...bet the dogs love it!

I took my granddaughter to see the movie Coco. I really enjoyed the story and the music and so did she. They played a short film about Olaf and Frozen before the movie.

Is it safe to eat these, sautéed in a bit of olive oil with some garlic, salt, and white wine?
Depends on the definition of "is".😁

Going full speed on my bathroom remodel. Today was day 2 of tub surround tiling. Need to finish bathtub tile, vanity backsplash and grout, paint, trim, install plumbing fixtures and get a shower door.

Installed the stove and fence in my tub, had a sushi lunch and bought some lumber and hardware for yet another little project.

Is it safe to eat these, sautéed in a bit of olive oil with some garlic, salt, and white wine?

PM me your mailing address and I'll box them up and send them to you. :cool:

I'm not a good cook and DW doesn't like mushrooms after the ones she had in college back in the day.

We went to the library today, walked the dog and went out to our favorite Mediterranean restaurant for dinner. Yesterday we went to Chabot Space and Science Museum for their First Friday evening event. Once a month the museum stays open late and has drinks, a DJ with dance floor and special shows and exhibits. The day before we saw the play A Civil War Christmas, which was well acted and very moving.

I'm not a good cook and DW doesn't like mushrooms after the ones she had in college back in the day.

Yep, those shrooms were not tasty; blame it on Big Mushroom...

Spent most of last week being a slug while fighting a head cold, but did manage a trip to Austin to see the John McLaughlin/Jimmy Herring tour.

Yep, those shrooms were not tasty; blame it on Big Mushroom...

Spent most of last week being a slug while fighting a head cold, but did manage a trip to Austin to see the John McLaughlin/Jimmy Herring tour.
Forty years ago I had a Taco Bell Burrito Supreme that had been enhanced with some blue shrooms. I haven't eaten another Burrito Supreme since that time.

Shop Small

Planning on checking in on the world's best toy store (Five Little Monkeys https://www.5littlemonkeys.com) b4 I get her for her gift. Then taking 3yo to Children's Creative Museum in SF (gotta love Bart) and having her pick out her family gift at a store on the way back unless she makes it there.

Last edited:
I started a deep cleaning and re-arranging of the kitchen cupboards. It was a lot more work than expected...I tossed out a bunch of expired stuff and packed a couple boxes with extra dishes and glasses to give away. I spent 3 hours on it and am about half done.

I also learned and charted a few Tom Petty songs...one of my bands has a gig in a couple weeks and we're playing a full set ( 13 or 14 songs) of Tom Petty music.

Studied my dna results today.

I now know why I crave Italian food, I have a lot in common with Alan (our moderator) and I might attempt an Irish jig. At first trying to figure it out was Greek to me.

Our 17 year old microwave oven died a few days ago. Received the new one we ordered from Amazon on Saturday. Installed it on Sunday after church. Now I need to figure out what to do with the old one. Our county quit the business of collecting electronics to recycle. Trash company won’t take electronics. More junk sitting around taking up space.

Had a flare up of gout yesterday. It was so bad that I didn't get to sleep till about 3am, yet had to get up for w@rk today. Not a happy camper. :(

After figure skating this morning, stopped at the usual cafe. Read many words on dead trees (newspaper). Towards finishing the educational section (funnies) became aware of some guys working on the seemingly acres of window shades. Seems the objective was to replace the roller mechanisms.

Came to realize, I love work. I could watch people doing it for hours:LOL: After about two hours of people watching and work watching had enough so I left.

Had a bit of a potluck at the office today. Tried chicken hearts in a garam masala Indian sauce, with chickpeas, onions and rice.

I've eaten every part of a cow and a pig but chicken hearts was a new one on me. Not great but not terrible. Just chewy. Think I'll stick to chicken livers in the future.

Rosemary-SriRacha chicken thighs for dinner tonight.

It's an all chicken kind of day.

We are hunkering down due to the fires in our area. Last night the fire was 50 acres, and now it is 50,000 acres.
We are watching the devastation on TV, figuring if we will have to evacuate.
The winds have been blowing 40 to 60 knots pushing embers a mile or more.
With the winds, the fire department cannot launch either fixed wing or helis to help.

I spent more time than I should have, sorting out the installation of a new Insignia brand TV, setting it up to work seamlessly with an LG sound bar, a DVD player and my Dish satellite receiver. It seams that I get to learn new A/V technology every 3-5 years. I wanted to set the system up so if I chose to listen to a Dish satellite music channel, I could turn off the TV and still hear from the sound bar to extend the life of the TV's LED's. That proved to be a chore, but in the end, I now have everything working the way I wanted it to. Sound comes from the HDMI (ARC) from the TV for any video source, And via a Toslink cable from the satellite receiver for Dish audio. TO switch to the toslink input, I need to manually switch the soundbar to optical input. But when the TV turns back on, it automatically switches back to the TV ARC input. Eventually, Success!

How would we ever accomplish these things without the internet and Google?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom