What did you do today? 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to lunch with my wife’s family and took her niece with us. it was a big deal for her, she rarely gets out of the village, her parents don’t have a car, she was really excited

aky7ur.jpg

chz0m.jpg

Went to DGD's 2nd birthday party yesterday. Fun, but exhausting. About 20 kids and probably close to 55 people total. I don't think I could get that many people to show up for my funeral.

I don't think I could get that many people to show up for my funeral.
Oh, I figure at least that many will show up for mine. Mostly former co-workers (resentful) there just to make sure it's true. Same for some family members. :)

Filed an amended 1040 tax return

I was poking around in my PenFed account to see how much interest I'd earned on my CDs and found a 2017 1099-INT form there. What the heck? I then realized I owe taxes in the calendar year it was earned, not when the CD matures (2018). Damn. :facepalm:

Wrote a check for a thousand bucks and filed a 1040X.

Yesterday, we returned from our annual two week vacation in Maine. While we were gone, we had the exterior of the house painted and the downstairs hardwood floors refinished. That had necessitated removing the contents of entire first floor of the house either to the second floor or out to the garage. So as soon as we got home from our 6 hour drive from Maine, I put in another 6 hours lifting and toting furniture down the stairs to start returning the house to normal. Today, I got up early, vacuumed and washed every screen in the house and reinstalled them all (had to remove them all for the exterior painting). It seemed logical to follow that by washing all the windows, inside and out. I only accomplished the downstairs. Then we went to our community garden plot, which has run riot in the last two weeks. We weeded and harvested for about 4 hours. Washed up, out to dinner and now back home. I am so very tired and sore.

I was poking around in my PenFed account to see how much interest I'd earned on my CDs and found a 2017 1099-INT form there. What the heck? I then realized I owe taxes in the calendar year it was earned, not when the CD matures (2018). Damn. :facepalm:

Wrote a check for a thousand bucks and filed a 1040X.

Sounds like less than a wonderful day! :facepalm:

We took the dog to a park with a small lake for a walk in the morning since we were going to a no dogs allowed garden later on in the day. In the afternoon we drove to Sonoma to visit Quarryhill Botanic Garden, followed by a picnic at Spring Lake Park and a walk around the lake. We had nice weather and a scenic drive through wine country so it was a pleasant way to end the weekend. Wildlife sightings today were numerous turtles, a elegant looking white egret and two deer.

Went to see my friend at his home who began hospice care 4 days ago. I was there about 3 hours when he left this life. I feel honored to have been by his side. His wife had not witnessed death in her life. I am blessed that I was chosen to be there. There is such a difference between a traumatic death and a righteous death. His death was a righteous one. He was a good man.

Was moving a car load from the old house to the new house on Friday and was eating a popsicle due to the heat. Bit down on the stick by accident and broke my front centre crown off... :facepalm:

Went to the dentist this morning, broken piece in hand all hopeful for a quick fix.... dentist said, Nope. Gotta be replaced. $1200. Shall I start now ?

Bugger.

Needles, drills, files and pliers. 45 minutes later he'd whittled it down to the screw and I looked like a hockey player. He put a temporary plastic veneer on and I have to go back in 4 weeks to get the replacement crown.

Damn popsicles.

Was moving a car load from the old house to the new house on Friday and was eating a popsicle due to the heat. Bit down on the stick by accident and broke my front centre crown off... :facepalm:

Went to the dentist this morning, broken piece in hand all hopeful for a quick fix.... dentist said, Nope. Gotta be replaced. $1200. Shall I start now ?

Bugger.

Needles, drills, files and pliers. 45 minutes later he'd whittled it down to the screw and I looked like a hockey player. He put a temporary plastic veneer on and I have to go back in 4 weeks to get the replacement crown.

Damn popsicles.

You mean damn wooden sticks! :LOL:

Went to the dentist for a regular cleaning. Picked up a new bite guard, this one is unusual. Soft on the inside, see how long till I chew a hole in it.

We went to the springs and it was packed. Interesting time. There were some unique folks there as always. We'd talked with one gentleman for a while, he seemed pretty normal. After a while he started talking about the place down the road with a little grey and human army stationed under a mesa. He was quite enthusiastic about it, claiming a reported 18k Greys live there and reptilians too. Perhaps he was part of the army?

Last edited:
Fumbled my coffee mug and wiped out my keyboard. Went over to the Apple store and got a new one, even nicer. Brought it home and I'm back in business again, all before 10:30 in the morning.

Thinking about the other thread on expensive coffee habits, mine this morning was a champ!

Started the day with a real sting. Reached into a junk drawer in the garage and a scorpion popped me on the tip of my finger. Dang those things hurt!

Started the day with a real sting. Reached into a junk drawer in the garage and a scorpion popped me on the tip of my finger. Dang those things hurt!
OMG! Does this require a ER hospital visit?

Gotta love central and west Texas scorpions! I've never seen one near us north of Houston, but I'll bet they don't like concrete everywhere! :LOL:

Gotta love central and west Texas scorpions! I've never seen one near us north of Houston, but I'll bet they don't like concrete everywhere! :LOL:

Probably not! We had them in College Station once in a while.

Gave blood.
Did laundry.
Cooking roast beef for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom