What did you do today? 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck, Nemo2.
What an unpleasant end to a great trip, but it sounds like you're in good hands.

Thank you!

One of life's ironies is that the ship was chock-a-block with individuals that made hippos look like praying Mantises, and I end up with this. 😁

(One 'complaint' about the hospital is that they send pretty, slim young nurses around to check an old man's BP and expect accurate results. 😉. )

Wow, what a bummer! So, where are you now? In Malaga hospital?

Yes, life is unfair. But what can you do?

You can use used coffee grounds (not decaf) or gritty things like crushed eggshells or diatomaceous earth to deter snails. Or so I have read. Good luck!

Wow, what a bummer! So, where are you now? In Malaga hospital?

Yes, life is unfair. But what can you do?

In the Vithas Hospital in Malaga..

What can you do? Go with the proverbial flow, I guess. 😀

Leave it to Nemo to get a hospital right on the beach! :LOL:

We have a balcony with an (obstructed) Med view,. Problem is I have to stay here, (don't know when my next procedure is going to be), and DW is liasing with the insurer, so neither one of us has been like Elvis and left the building.

Thank you!

One of life's ironies is that the ship was chock-a-block with individuals that made hippos look like praying Mantises, and I end up with this. 😁

(One 'complaint' about the hospital is that they send pretty, slim young nurses around to check an old man's BP and expect accurate results. 😉. )

Your wicked sense of humor is intact, I see.

I hope you and DW get back to your travels very soon.

N=1, but my DF had a suspected TIA a couple of years ago, at age 85. No reason found, and no recurrences. Plenty of other issues, but still kicking.

To void your garden of snails and slugs, plant some garlic with them, they detest it. Or use a homemade garlic spray/potion.

I used to plant boat loads of garlic, I was known as the Amish around my previous location, but still had tons of snails and slugs. I read the organic gardening book and it suggested oat meals and that did seem to work.
However, I’m planting more garlic around the edge of my garden this year, I’ve heard it keeps away the rats. Let’s see how that’s work. But it’s true I didn’t have many rats before when I planted lots of garlic.

We have a balcony with an (obstructed) Med view,. Problem is I have to stay here, (don't know when my next procedure is going to be), and DW is liasing with the insurer, so neither one of us has been like Elvis and left the building.

I've seen people do some drastic things to extend their vacations but this takes the cake..... :D

Bought a battery-powered heated vest for power outages. Connects via USB to any phone charger. Testing the vest right now. I am going to have to force myself to get up and go for a walk because it is SO comfy sitting here.

I am amassing winter power outage supplies. Becoming a bit of a prepper.

Bought a battery-powered heated vest for power outages. Connects via USB to any phone charger. Testing the vest right now. I am going to have to force myself to get up and go for a walk because it is SO comfy sitting here.

Not to be a downer, but that can only last, at most, a few hours. You'd be better off with heavily insulated clothes.

[…]
October 20..…Malaga. Halfway through the day I began slurring my words...our friend, a retired nurse, said TIA and rushed me down to the ship's doctor.

("Wow", he said, "You don't look 76")

Ran a whole battery of physical tests, all of which I aced, (except for the temporary slurring), and a number of blood and other tests which were all within normal parameters.

Because TIAs are often a precursor to strokes it was off to the hospital, MRI and more tests...all good.

So now, like a laboratory rat, I'm still in the hospital for 'observation'... ship's long gone, only seen the ER doctor, (ward doctor didn't show yesterday, being Sunday), and there's the obligatory language gap.

Dealing with our insurer by phone, and unsure of our status.....if I'm discharged can I fly immediately..etc.
[…]
Nemo, take care! I am glad that your friend (the retired nurse) recognized the symptoms and got you to the hospital, and that you are safely there, under observation and getting all the relevant tests done. Hopefully you will be discharged soon and able to fly home immediately if that is your plan. Pretty scary.

Well today I worked and slacked off...but yesterday was monumental.

Dropped three trees a cottonwood and a couple oaks. Really opened up the back yard. Had a hard time emotionally but DW is super happy and the trees were growing into eachother.

Only got the saw stuck once...unfortunately I broke the blade adjustment screw getting it un stuck. Woo cutting the downed trees up is on hold until Amazon comes through with my $6 screw.

So what happens after the batteries go dead and the power is still out?

I've seen people do some drastic things to extend their vacations but this takes the cake..... :D

We retirees need no stinkin' excuses to extend our vacations. The rest of our life is an uninterrupted vacation. :cool:

EXTEND the vacation? The ship's in Mid-Atlantic and scheduled to arrive in Miami October 31. -. Inshallah we will be out of here in a day or two.

Just had a cartoid ultrasound, (the doctor who administered it said that any issues/problems were insignificant), and a 25 minute brain MRI, the results of which will likely not be available until tomorrow.

I've had a regular upper body MRI, but this was like sticking your head in a metal bucket while someone practiced drumming on the outside.

Just had a cartoid ultrasound, (the doctor who administered it said that any issues/problems were insignificant), and a 25 minute brain MRI, the results of which will likely not be available until tomorrow.

I've had a regular upper body MRI, but this was like sticking your head in a metal bucket while someone practiced drumming on the outside.

So glad the ultrasound results were good!

I had a very long brain MRI about 30 years ago when MRI's were pretty new in Texas. How nice it was for me to discover that yes, there actually IS a brain in there! Ha ha, just jokin' around. :LOL:

Anyway I still remember how loud it was. To me it sounded like The Incredible Hulk or some bigger monster beating on the metal enclosure with a giant sledgehammer. That sound is especially unnerving in a tiny claustrophobic MRI unit as you now know. You have my sympathies on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom