what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the gym.
Went to see my life coach--he asked me do a couples Valentine's day workshop with him and split the proceeds with him! My first teaching gig in the industry :)
Went to school and had a Law and Ethics class.
Now, I am just unwinding before I go to bed :)

Got a swimming lesson from DD. I can do the sidestroke literally for miles, and I can do a fast freestyle (crawl) for 25 yards, but I can't do the crawl for any distance; after about 50 yards I feel like I'm being waterboarded.

She showed me the five or so things that I'm doing wrong, based on her swim team and water polo experience.

Finally got to the orthopedic doctor today after breaking my ankle on New Years Eve. Got the official cast put on. No surgery needed, which the doctor said is rare for my type of break.

Ronstar - be sure to insist on physical therapy - even if you think your ankle feels pretty good when you get the cast off. A few years ago I had a broken elbow and a sprained ankle. The ankle seemed fine, especially compared to the elbow (for which I did have physical therapy). But there's a little residual ankle stiffness that I feel now and then and I wish I'd taken them up on the offer for PT for the foot.

Thanks, Spn, that's exactly what I need.

Today is a chore day -- I need to finish off Christmas thank-you notes, do laundry, and do some data entry for the nonprofit parent's support group I help coordinate. When I made a living as a data jockey I hated data entry -- now that I do it for free I don't hate it (don't like it much either but don't find that it sucks my soul, either).

Oh, and I get to decide how we're setting up the kids' room. We bought them big-kid beds last night. Wow, a year ago I thought this day would never come and now that it's here I think gee, remember when they were little tiny babies?

Boy......was it a pretty day or what? Golf course still wet so cart path only. I aimed for the cart paths. :)

Boy......was it a pretty day or what? Golf course still wet so cart path only. I aimed for the cart paths. :)

I actually wore some shorts today. But put on a sweatshirt. Was kinda torn so I went half and half.. Driving down I 5 I seen a plethora of golfers out at a local course.

Ronstar - be sure to insist on physical therapy - even if you think your ankle feels pretty good when you get the cast off. A few years ago I had a broken elbow and a sprained ankle. The ankle seemed fine, especially compared to the elbow (for which I did have physical therapy). But there's a little residual ankle stiffness that I feel now and then and I wish I'd taken them up on the offer for PT for the foot.

I'm sure physical therapy is in the doctor's plans. The doctor owns a physical therapy center in the same building as his orthopedic practice. I agree that I need it - I had pt when I broke my wrist a few yeasr ago and it helped a lot.

It was sunny and snowing for a while. No sticky to pavement.
smiley.gif
Temp 26 F. The weather blather bloviators are promising up to 8" overnight.

Took my suburban for annual inspection. $34.64 Mechanic says: how do you keep it so clean and rust free underneath? I said, never drive it in salt.

Then off for coffee and BS at the greasy spoon. Now kick back, play on the web, then rest up for dinner.

Walked downtown and had oysters on the shell at Jack's in the Public Market.

Met a friend and visited the Edward Hopper exhibit at S.A.M. Very small exhibit, but I have always liked his paintings and never saw them until this exhibit came to town.

Stopped by McD's for a "Recession Steak" and senior coffee, then home on the bus.

Ha

Exercised my butt off today. Im tired and sore. However, I did just finish a tasty plate of bacon and eggs. Also, threw in a wheat bagel and a glass of milk for health..;)

I went through withdrawal while the site was doing its Database Error act.
I enjoyed the sunshine vs *#&@ about the snow ;)
A full moon appeared before sunset, opposite the shining sun - a rare treat. :D
I learned all about circumcisions here. :rolleyes:
I cooked some homemade Oriental Beef Pepper Steak in the crockpot. :cool:

I went to water aerobics and then out to lunch with my workout friends . It was fun but probably a negative calorie event especially since everybody decided to toast the New Year . I then went home with all intentions of listing on ebay but I did the crossword and napped . Retirement is great !

Since it snowed overnight last night, and my Mom doesn't like to drive in snow anymore, I drove her to the Doc's office so we could both get our prescriptions renewed. They took care of the prescription renewals, but also wanted her to make an appointment for a check up sometime soon. So she agreed, then the nurse said "What the heck, if you have time, I'll get the Doc to see you now." So we stuck around...she saw the Doc, had a blood sample drawn, and got an overall "You're doing excellent" from Doc! Then I took her out for a late breakfast.

I hit the coffee shop a couple of times today just to shoot the bull with everyone. About 5 o'clock I went to pick up our prescription refills, and took Mom to Subway for supper. Other than that...did nada!

W
Stopped by McD's for a "Recession Steak" and senior coffee, then home on the bus.

Ha

Hey, good one.:) I'll have to use that line sometime. Played golf yesterday and what a beautiful day it was. Played pretty good too.:) Came home, took a nap and later farted around on the internet. Went back to the club for a shrimp poboy and a few brews. Today....suppose to rain. Better take the dog for a walk before it does. Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom