Can I Go Live In A Cave Now?

Nothing that Brewer has posted makes me think he is clinically depressed, just stressed out by life. Stressful job, no downtime at home and not enough hours in the day. They don't make a pill/"med" for that, despite what many may think...

DD

Well, they do, but a steel-jacketed anti-depressant is kind of a drastic solution.

With a name like Brewer, I would've thought you'da figured that out already. :)

I appologize. I wouldn't have made this comment if I knew how serious this was for you. The best of luck to you. Physical activity and improving my health has always been the best medicine for me.

Maybe I'm simplistic, but I would suggest bourbon

In all seriousness, I suggest the trip idea. I look forward to my fall hunting trip all year. It's amazing how just thinking about a future vacation makes the present seem better.

My direct boss and his boss I get along with well. The organization which employs me has more layers of bureaucracy than any I have ever seen (and I once worked for a 10,000+ employee consulting firm). Every time I get another email from someone unfamiliar, my first response is a trip to the org chart to figure out who the hell they are.

Do they have an employee assistance program? One at arm's length? If so, why not use it?

Do they have an employee assistance program? One at arm's length? If so, why not use it?

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! Who in their right mind would ever use an EAP? Might as well put a "fire me" sign on your back.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! Who in their right mind would ever use an EAP? Might as well put a "fire me" sign on your back.

Me, for one. And I haven't been fired once.

I have tomorrow morning off, so I will be trying to talk to DW for the few brief moments the kids are in school. We will see where this gets me. Its not clear to me that she is really aware there is a problem or what teh fix might be, but I suppose it is a start.

Me, for one. And I haven't been fired once.

I would never consider it. Hired by/paid for by an employer = at the beck and call of employer.

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get you...

Share this thread with her - would be interesting to hear her comments on our posts...

I have the same feeling about EAPs Brew. My last employer had an EAP but I wouldn't have trusted them at all. Perhaps this was because I had an evil boss who delighted in messing with people, particularly if she was able to find a weakness.

Hello Brewer - research on [-]exercise[/-] beer has shown that the psych benefits of [-]exercise[/-] beer do help reduce depression and anxiety. Have you tried [-]exercising[/-] beer 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week?

Fixed!

Seriously, good luck Brew. Sometimes you just have to slog through it. Hopefully, this to shall pass.

Epilogue: I had a chance to chat with DW andthe absolute crush at work eased. We are looking for ways to make life a bit more reasonable. I am not sure it will get to what I would personally consider to be "good," but any improvement is welcome. We looked into a get away for a week in the short term and the prices were prohibitive. Instead, we have set up a weekend for ourselves and are paying the regular sitter to spend the weekend with the kids.

That's great Brew. Hope you and DW have a wonderful weekend get away.

That's great Brew. Hope you and DW have a wonderful weekend get away.

Kind of burns my @ss that we cannot get so much as an afternoon of help from family, but so be it. I will get to choose the nursing home...

What a great solution! (The week away from the kids with your DW, not the nursing-home-revenge thoughts. :LOL:)

Also, it gives you something to look forward to. Glad to hear that things eased up at w*rk a little, too.

Epilogue: I had a chance to chat with DW andthe absolute crush at work eased. We are looking for ways to make life a bit more reasonable. I am not sure it will get to what I would personally consider to be "good," but any improvement is welcome. We looked into a get away for a week in the short term and the prices were prohibitive. Instead, we have set up a weekend for ourselves and are paying the regular sitter to spend the weekend with the kids.
That's good to hear.

Let yourselves become young lovers again. The kids will be safe with the sitter and the job will be waiting for you. Let that all go for just a while. Do the things you did when you first fell in love.

But who gets to sign the will? ;)
I don't think Brewer's getting paid very much to run his parent's financial portfolio, either.

I know how he feels. When my PILs lived here they were all about the promises of grandkid sleepovers and weekends... up until they actually had to make those events happen. It would've been better for them to not make any promises in the first place.

Kind of burns my @ss that we cannot get so much as an afternoon of help from family, but so be it. I will get to choose the nursing home...
That’s a real shame. I spent most of my childhood summers with aunts/uncles/cousins or grandparents (or them with us) and it was always enjoyable and bonding. One prominent memory of these visits, however, is my grandparents sighing with relief as we drove away...

We have one 18 month old granddaughter who has already had two 4 day weekends with us this summer while her parents were away ([-]getting trashed at[/-] celebrating friends weddings).

Don't count on the nursing home thing - they may go Japanese and just move in.

Brewer, it is so important that you and your DW take some time out for yourselves. Life is about much more than the work-home-sleep-work routine.

For the life of me, I never can understand why families don't outsource some of the daily tasks they find themselves overwhelmed with, especially when the financial situation allows it. If you can hire a handyman to take care of some of those tasks that take up your weekend do it, have some quality time for yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom