Done! No more exams

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I found out last night that I passed level 3 of the CFA. As such, I am done and that was probably the last major formal exam I will ever have to take. What a huge relief! Once the CFA Institute dots a few i's and crosses a few t's, I will have some letters after my name, which increases my marketability and hopefully opens a few new doors for me.

Congratulations, Brewer. Wonderful job. And what a nice feeling to have knowing the tests are done.

LL

brewer12345 said:
I found out last night that I passed level 3 of the CFA. As such, I am done and that was probably the last major formal exam I will ever have to take. What a huge relief! Once the CFA Institute dots a few i's and crosses a few t's, I will have some letters after my name, which increases my marketability and hopefully opens a few new doors for me.

Congratulations. But I didn't know the Cat Fanciers' Association required you to sit for exams... ;)

REW

Congratulations Brewer. Lots of hard work, but it will be worth it.

Will it help with your new job or open doors outside of it?

Congrats! Of course, I'm a CFU! Been one all my life!

KB said:
Congratulations Brewer.  Lots of hard work, but it will be worth it.

Will it help with your new job or open doors outside of it?

Prolly doesn't mean a tinker's cuss where I am now, but makes a big difference down the road. The latter part is important in light of the fact that my max stay at any job has been 3 years thus far.

congrats Brewer! I know right where you're coming from. I passed level 3 last year so I know the feeling. There is nothing worse than that anxiety at the end of August waiting for that e-mail to let you know the grades are posted.

I just looked at the pass rates

Level I Pass Rate: 36%
Level II Pass Rate: 56%
Level III Pass Rate: 55%

looks like the level 2 pass rate is up, I hope they aren't making it easier!

Now comes the fun of your award ceremony. Ours was at the Four Seasons in Chicago. Nothing like partying with a couple hundred finance people, yee ha!

I have to wonder if the change in level 2 pass rate has something to do with the switch to all multiple choice for that level this year, but who really knows. There is no way they turned it into a cakewalk, IMO.

brewer12345 said:
I have to wonder if the change in level 2 pass rate has something to do with the switch to all multiple choice for that level this year, but who really knows. There is no way they turned it into a cakewalk, IMO.

No, I doubt it will ever be a cakewalk. This of course coming from the organization who instituted a "no water" policy for their exams

Heh! They used to allow a specific list of stuff (medicine, pencils, etc.) to be brought into the facility in clear plastic bags. This year, you were limited to whatever fit in your pockets. I am glad I finished before they started the rectal exam requirement. :eek:

brewer12345 said:
As such, I am done and that was probably the last major formal exam I will ever have to take. 
Congratulations, now "all" you have to do is maintain your continuing education & proficiency!

I'm sure that your rash comment has caused alarm bells to ring all over the TLA FMA* and I look forward to seeing what whacked-out innovative certifications they come up with next...

* Three-letter Acronym Financial Management Agency

Actually, the CFA has no continuing ed requirement. The Institute tried to impose one a couple of years ago, but the charterholders resoundingly voted it down. Hey, if they are smart enough to pass the test, you realy think they would be dumb enough to saddle themselves with such an obligation?

brewer12345 said:
Hey, if they are smart enough to pass the test, you realy think they would be dumb enough to saddle themselves with such an obligation?
I wish I'd tried that logic on the Navy's nuclear power community...

Uhuh, but last I checked the military didn't take a vote before telling people what to do...

brewer12345 said:
Uhuh, but last I checked the military didn't take a vote before telling people what to do...
"We're here to DEFEND democracy, not practice it!"
-- Gene Hackman, Crimson Tide

We used to assign a guy full-time to keep track of making sure everyone stayed proficient at everything they were qualified to do. He was even more despised than the guy who had to write the watchbills. I got over it, though...

congrats. I am ridiculously jealous. I just found out I passed L2 and I am dreading yet another 6 months of studying.

Congratulations!! What a great feeling of accomplishment. I hope it opens up many doors and opportunities for you!

Dreamer

boutros said:
congrats. I am ridiculously jealous. I just found out I passed L2 and I am dreading yet another 6 months of studying.

Don't worry, if you passed level 2, then 3 is yours. Now, that being said, 45% of people didn't pass level 3 this year. I think a lot of that is slacking off.

I also thought studying for level 3 was more fun because there was a lot more finance and less accounting. Just don't slack off and assume that because you did 2 that you don't have to study for 3.

Catharsis

I went through the monster stack of unnecessary textbooks and put them on Amazon for sale. Anything that doesn't sell will be goiung to a local library or prison. Very nice feeling of catharsis.

Re: Catharsis

brewer12345 said:
I went through the monster stack of unnecessary textbooks and put them on Amazon for sale. Anything that doesn't sell will be goiung to a local library or prison. Very nice feeling of catharsis.

I kept all of the books in my office. I still refer back to my Quantitative Methods book all the time.

All the other ones I should have sold

Yeah, I kept one or two, but most of the ones that might actually be useful are redundant with stuff I still have from B-school.

Back
Top Bottom