I'm leaving, goodbye ER forum!

I try folks, I try.

I have decided to permanently delete my ER forum account. It requires way too much time and is detracting from my relationships with real world family and friends and is destroying personal and work productivity. So goodbye!
I was going to bring up your old signature "This is sarcasm"...

Uh oh--what if Fuego is doing the classic double secret April Fools joke by saying April Fools and he's not leaving, but he really IS going to take a break? Noooooooo......

FUEGO, you joker, you *GOT* me with this one! I was sure you were leaving and had forgotten that today is April Fool's Day. :2funny: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Uh oh--what if Fuego is doing the classic double secret April Fools joke by saying April Fools and he's not leaving, but he really IS going to take a break? Noooooooo......

If I ever do decide to leave for good, I'm thinking April 1 is as good a day as ever. Might be a good day to announce ER at work too!

If I ever do decide to leave for good, I'm thinking April 1 is as good a day as ever. Might be a good day to announce ER at work too!

Actually I did this. My supervisor had known of my intent to retire for years, since she had been my close friend and co-worker before she took on the supervisory position. But on April 1st, 2009, I showed up in her office and announced that I had filed the necessary papers for ER on November 9th.

When we both realized that it was April 1st we had a good laugh over that. :LOL:

There's always next year. Most of the folks here are old and forget things easily. We even had a recent thread posted about this - tips on how to remember things. I forgot who posted it though.
LOL. Great job FUEGO, on the OP and the follow-up! :LOL:

LOL. Great job FUEGO, on the OP and the follow-up! :LOL:

Glad I could do a little "fooling"! I did basically the same thing on facebook (deleting account due to too much time spent on facebook), and no one took it seriously. I guess my "in real life" friends either know me too well or have me on ignore on facebook... :D

Fuego, good one! I guess that now I have to go back and undo all the stuff I changed yesterday...:LOL:

Well, it is the beginning of the fiscal year!

Well, it is the beginning of the fiscal year!

?? Is that a Canadian thing? I know some companies and mutual funds don't use the calendar year for accounting, but is April 1 a common fiscal new year? Our local and state gov'ts use July 1, as does my employer for very limited things (health insurance and benefits for one - not sure why since we report tax on the calendar year).

?? Is that a Canadian thing? I know some companies and mutual funds don't use the calendar year for accounting, but is April 1 a common fiscal new year? Our local and state gov'ts use July 1, as does my employer for very limited things (health insurance and benefits for one - not sure why since we report tax on the calendar year).

Many governments use April 1 as the beginning of the year. My budget at work starts April 1.

Lawyers try cases too. Unfortunately I'm one of them.

Very good !! I was thinking of conducting a trial, but you are quite correct.

The UK government financial year is April - April which is a pain for me doing US taxes as my end of year statements for my UK pension and bank accounts come after April 1st.

Exactly my thinking, except I really did FIRE on April 1st. That's why I was "on to you". I knew the date exactly and was expecting some hi-jinks here. ;)

Many governments use April 1 as the beginning of the year. My budget at work starts April 1.

The UK government financial year is April - April which is a pain for me doing US taxes as my end of year statements for my UK pension and bank accounts come after April 1st.

Interesting, never knew this was the case. Look, a serendipitous learning opportunity springing forth from a little trickery! :D

Back
Top Bottom