It's hard clearing out the clutter II

I decided last weekend that there is NO reason to keep any journals that are over ten years old, or even old technical reports. If I really want to keep a hand in when I retire (which I doubt), then I can get up-to-date information via inter-library loan. They aren't exactly light reading, but probably a library can use them. So, out they go.

Next: unusable, torn, shabby luggage. I have nice luggage and the old stuff is outta here!

And then there are those clothes and shoes that I never wear, even though they fit and aren't very worn. Off to Goodwill.

Next: unusable, torn, shabby luggage. I have nice luggage and the old stuff is outta here!
For our last two trips my spouse found roller suitcases at garage sales-- $1 each. At those prices I don't have to care what happens to the luggage or the contents.

My next personal challenge is reducing a week's luggage to a backpack. Including the laptop...

Refusing the grandfather clock!

This thread has inspired me as well.

Years ago, my parents built a beautiful grandfather clock...it's huge, over 7 feet tall, solid cherry, chimes on the quarter hour, etc...and it stands in a place of honor in my Dad's house. For years, my brother and I each coveted this clock -- not as a timepiece, but as a tangible reminder of our parents and their skills. I thought that I would fight my brother to the end for custody of the clock.

I no longer feel that way. I recently realized I don't want the burden of having to keep it, and move it with us wherever we end up. So, my brother will inherit it...I am at peace.

Back
Top Bottom