Best nosehair clipper brand & style?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What is the best nosehair clipper brand and style made that is a reasonable cost? I did check on the computer for expert advice, and it seems Panasonic came up as a good brand; but I have no idea what style is best. Any suggestions? And where to get what you suggest (Walmart, internet site, where?)?

This could be TMI. Responders might consider PM direct to Orchidflower?

Just playing around, sorta...

This is the one I recommend:

114_1_230.jpeg

Stupid nose hairs

I've heard the rotary type are best. The reciprocating ones I have don't seem to work all that well. What is it about nose hairs anyway? I'll see seven or eight of them sticking out, pull on them and get four, look in the mirror and there's twelve of them sticking out!:rant:

Best nosehair clipper brand & style?

:p I think this thread is going to be worse than the colonoscopy thread :eek:

Really!

This is what I use. Some of my transplant drugs make my hair and fingernails grow rapidly.

Mike D.

Attachments

• needle-nose-pliers4.gif
    needle-nose-pliers4.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 236
What is the best nosehair clipper brand and style made that is a reasonable cost? I did check on the computer for expert advice, and it seems Panasonic came up as a good brand; but I have no idea what style is best. Any suggestions? And where to get what you suggest (Walmart, internet site, where?)?

When I turned 50 I happened to read an article about grooming and the older man. Well, up until then nose hairs were news to me, but I decided to be Dudly Do-Right so I got some. Clippers, and it seems that the nose hairs followed right along. My clippers have a little shuttle cutting mechanism that works fine and can even be used safely in the dark.

Get something electric that is cheap so you can throw it away if the cutters get dulled.

I don't think you would want something that pulls on nose hairs, doesn't feel good!

I got mine as a freebie when I bought a new shaver at a small appliance store.

Ha

Last edited:
So, when I meet you in a crowded room I'll be able to pick out the FIRE people--they're the ones with the braided hairs coming out of their nostrils. I thought all you guys used clippers? Guess not.

Well, I bought one yesterday at RiteAid-- Remington, $13, has both rotary and straight heads. Lots of fun.

Depending on what you can afford, but either will get the job done......

Attachments

• 73775963.jpg
    73775963.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 800px-Mexican_machete.jpg
    800px-Mexican_machete.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1
Tweezers and suck it up you sissy.

That's my approach anyway.

Most nose hair trimmers are useless for me... they don't trim the hairs short enough and don't get most of the hairs.

By far the most effective tool for me is this type of nail trimmer:

http://www.nailcaredeals.com/fly_thumb.php?img=images/Cl001.jpg&w=500&h=366

The rounded tip keeps you from getting scratched like you would with scissors. The sharp blades and large mass make for very precise contol which lets you get close and target specific hairs. Just don't trim too close, to avoid ingrown hairs.

I was going to get this for BF for Valentine's Day but reconsidered that he might be insulted:
https://www.groommate.com/

It looks scary, too, doesn't it? So, it's probably best I didn't buy it.

Now I can't even remember what we got each other for VD--maybe nothing.:confused:

It's not good for the reputation of the Early Retirement forum to have a long, popular thread discussing nose-hair clippers.

It's not good for the reputation of the Early Retirement forum to have a long, popular thread discussing nose-hair clippers.

:2funny:

Ya would hate to take away all the attention from the political soapbox threads.

Tweezers and suck it up you sissy.

That's my approach anyway.

OUCH!!!! That is absolutely barbaric!
I use the personal hair trimmer thing....get it from Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% of coupon.

Back
Top Bottom