How many pills in your daily schedule?

I have never smoked, no drugs, i only drink socially, not promiscuous, exercise regularly, and keep a low fat food diet.
You still have time, but you better start soon...:)

3 Rx = 4 pills/day and several supplements

Age 60 and no prescriptions. Multivitamin, calcium, vitamin D and Krill oil daily. And Advil for joint pains.

Starting right now, having a second glass on wine on my own while watching football - and getting over a 7 hour jet lag...
MichaelB said:
You still have time, but you better start soon...:)

Some of it is luck, some of it is lifestyle. I have never smoked, no drugs, i only drink socially, not promiscuous, exercise regularly, and keep a low fat food diet.

It must be luck for me, because I would have to had answered the complete opposite for most of those in my late teen and early 20's. I came of age in the early 70's, what can I say. (I was lucky.) I take much better care of myself now.

Zero prescription meds for me at age 59 and 1 Vitamin D per day.

Last edited:
Some of it is luck, some of it is lifestyle. I have never smoked, no drugs, i only drink socially, not promiscuous, exercise regularly, and keep a low fat food diet.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

-- Hunter S. Thompson

Age 63. Currently zero, but just started taking a joint supplement (in liquid form) about a month ago hoping it will help my knee. Any testimonials for joint stuff out there ?

Vitamin D, in particular, is very important if you live in a northern climate, because you simply can't get enough of it from the sun for most of the year. They are finding that Vitamin D deficiency is very common, and may be related to a host of diseases and ailments.

I live in sunny SoCal and have Vitamin D deficiency, for which I take a supplement. The deficiency is caused by my doing such a good job of trying to avoid skin cancer -- as a pale-skinned redhead, I always wear sunscreen, long sleeves, long pants, and a large-brimmed hat outdoors. Ya can't win! :facepalm:

What do you mean by "joint stuff" ? Arthritis ? Knee replacement ? Torn ligament ? Etc.
arky said:
Age 63. Currently zero, but just started taking a joint supplement (in liquid form) about a month ago hoping it will help my knee. Any testimonials for joint stuff out there ?

age 70....zero prescription drugs, take an Aspirin maybe 3 times a year........take vitamins and glucosamine daily.

I used to take 3 but dropped the statin. I read an interesting book titled "Tour Prescription Drugs are Killing You" IIRC. It noted that after 5 meds the likelihood of adverse reactions begins to skyrocket. We all need to understand our meds and be prepared to question the need for them.

I take 1 Rx pill a day, no supplements.

Like most 33 year olds, I don't take any prescriptions. I take a daily multi-vitamin plus an additional 500-1500mg vitamin C. If I do anything with physical exertion I need to take an OTC pain reliever.

If I do anything with physical exertion I need to take an OTC pain reliever.
If it's just sore/achy from exertion...won't it simply go away on its own?

If it's just sore/achy from exertion...won't it simply go away on its own?

Lets say I did strenuous activity today. If i'm sore tomorrow and i'm just sitting around home then I will just deal with the pain without pain relievers. However, if I have to go somewhere I may need pain relievers to function reasonably. It's been this way since my early-mid 20's.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

-- Hunter S. Thompson

YES!!!! Gumby baby.

In answer to the question - one pill daily for thyroid. And a daily vitamin D tab 'cause my good doc says I'm low. Probably should head to Florida or Hawaii to correct that whole vitamin D situation.

I'm a pharmacist. you guys are nothing compared to some people i've dealt with.

be happy

Multivitamin
Vitamin C
Glucosamine/chondroitin
Fish oil
Vitamin D only in winter
The only one I can seriously claim is worthwhile is the gluco/chon pills. After skipping them for a week or two, I get knee pain when running or climbing stairs.

No scrips. Mid 60s. My doc had me on statins and two other scrips but I did my own research and dropped them all over two years ago. When the doc looked at my improved lab numbers he agreed with me. Learn about your body chemistry and prescribe for yourself as much as possible.

I'm a pharmacist. you guys are nothing compared to some people i've dealt with.

be happy

I worked as a retail pharmacy tech in college. There was a man who used to come in and slam down this huge stack of prescriptions for us to fill then waited on the sofa. One day, the pharmacist looked at me and said, "man, why not just prescribe a sledgehammer?".

None, until about 50. Then it started.... Now I'm taking five.

Age 69

Daily (if I remember to take them)

One 20 Mg pill for slightly high blood pressure.
One small baby aspirin,
One vitamin D capsule,
Two ibuprofen for the arthritis that sometimes flares up.

BP goes up and down based on weight gain/loss. New hip implant slowed me down on the running regiment.:mad:

Zero and I turn 62 in a few days. Good living I guess. I do eat an apple a day, lots of salads and vegetables and walk 3 miles every day and sometimes a 10-14 mile bike ride.

Back
Top Bottom