How many pills in your daily schedule?

had to start on one for cholesterol. The week I retired (at 61) my internist added two more, for BP and blood sugar.

This is not advice, merely a comment.

My cholesterol, BP, and blood sugar all came down significantly within a few months of starting a low carb, high fat (LCHF) diet. My internist was very skeptical at first (when I told him I had quit taking the statin), but for the last couple of years, when I go in for my annual checkup he looks at the lab numbers and says "I don't understand it but keep doing what you're doing."

This is not advice, merely a comment.

My cholesterol, BP, and blood sugar all came down significantly within a few months of starting a low carb, high fat (LCHF) diet. My internist was very skeptical at first (when I told him I had quit taking the statin), but for the last couple of years, when I go in for my annual checkup he looks at the lab numbers and says "I don't understand it but keep doing what you're doing."

Yes, obviously... many people's need for these three medications go down significantly if they lose weight on ANY diet, and/or get lots of exercise. And simultaneously, the need for these does tend to increase in many people as they grow older, as well. I think that is why JBMadera felt this way:
JBmadera said:
I was always quite smug when it came to meds. Back then I was a fit, 49 yr old Cat II cyclist, no smoking, no drinking, 20 BMI, and no meds of any kind. Fast forward a couple of years and now the counter top is littered with prescription meds. I guess it's karma. I've dropped the whole "geez, if you just did what I did you wouldn't need to take all that cr*p" attitude.
Unfortunately, as gerrym mentioned above, genetics do come into play as might be the case for JBmadera.

Last edited:
I take two BP meds and an inhaler for asthma .After I retired I lost 23 pounds and my BP meds had to be cut in half .No such luck with the inhaler !

I take two BP meds and an inhaler for asthma .After I retired I lost 23 pounds and my BP meds had to be cut in half .No such luck with the inhaler !

Wow, that is great! Congratulations! Sorry about your asthma.

I know genes play a big part. My dad was diabetic at 55. I checked my blood sugar yesterday morning and it was 78. I will be 66 in August. I just keep moving. Some days I have trouble doing that but I make myself walk. I also get on the Elliptical about four times a week for at least 20 minutes. I also play golf four days a week and I pay later for that:dance:. My body is beginning to show wear:facepalm: but I refuse to stop. I take blood pressure meds and that's about it. I am looking to loose 10 more pounds which would me 5ft 165. I want to add muscle but that is hard:confused::(. I got a used bowflex last week and will start this week training on it. I need to hit the golf ball longer:LOL: so I can keep up with the 50 year olds. I will update later on how this goes. :Doldtrig

Does Jack Daniels count as a drug? (black lable only, no generic brand) Sure makes me feel better. :LOL:

+1

What did you have to eat in Mexico? The docs aren't the only ones fascinated. :)
This re the black armpits.

Finally got into see the dermatologist this morning......older guy, (if he hasn't seen it all he's seen most of it).......took a biopsy, the results of which I should receive in ~ 3-4 weeks........didn't want to commit himself but indicated it's probably one of a couple possibilities, (both quite rare which explains why none of the other docs had a clue)........said, if he's right, it'll likely go away after about 18 months.

(I indicated that, as far as I'm concerned, if it ain't contagious, debilitating, or life-threatening, I really don't care too much.)

Going back to post #92.

Received the following today, post biopsy, for the black armpits:

The biopsy came back as post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

This means that you did have a rash which has disappeared or almost disappeared and is turning into pigmentation. There is no good treatment for this pigmentation. The body will get rid of it over time. Time might mean 1 or 2 years..........
So...I don't recall ever having a rash...but it's gone now....should I miss it?

Maybe the rash was just a pigment of your imagination.

Glad it's something that doesn't seem to need further treatment.

Back
Top Bottom