How Often Do You Shower?

RetiredGypsy

Full time employment: Posting here.
I grew up under the notion that you should shower every day. It's been a hard habit to break. If I skip a shower, I feel sweaty and oily. I don't know if it's worth lathering up every night, or mostly just standing under water to rinse off real quick. Or if it's really only necessary to fully shower after getting dirty. Or if the general air quality leaves your skin in such a state that it's worth showering every day.

So how often do you shower? Do you just rinse off most days, or grab the loofah and go to town every night?

I shower and shave each morning.

When I was working in an office, I showered every morning as part of my routine of getting ready for work. Once I started working from home and in early retirement, I shower every other day unless I do something where I get all sweaty and want/need to.

I concede, I'm a slacker.

Every day. If I get sweaty/dirty, then it might be twice that day. It only takes a couple of minutes and I just feel better when "unsticky."

Daily. But do you really want to hear the answers you may get :confused: Don't want to know or care what others do - TMI!

I shower when needed, but at least once every two days.

I was in Bangkok for 3 weeks recently. I felt like I needed to shower every minute of the day. It was interesting, though, that even in that heat and humidity crowded spaces, including mass transit, never smelled sweaty. There is plenty of air conditioning, for sure, but a few minutes outside, going from place to place, was all you needed to get hot. And even a few Thais' looked like they were sweltering in the climate.

Every day. I also work out every day so I'd feel really grimy if I didn't.

I shower a lot since I moved to my dream house, because it has my dream shower in it! It's big, light, bright, a pretty green color, has my favorite little 1" square vintage tiles that feel so good on my feet, and it has built in sturdy grab bars and multiple shower wand locations/holders. I shower for the entertainment value. :D Already took one shower today and will again after the gym later on.

I shower in the morning if i'm going out in public. If i'm not going anywhere I can skip up to 2 days. In the summer I may take a shower both morning and night if I was outside sweating.

I shower every morning and sometimes a second time if I exercise late or get dirty with yard work. Plenty of water around here, so no need for extreme conservation.

Every morning before work, after morning exercise on the weekends, and after the weekly massage to get the oil off!

I used to take a shower every morning before w*rk - but now, I take a bath since I have time :) (I use Olay Ultra Moisture with Seabutter body wash from Costco which keeps my skin from getting dry.)

I do take a shower if I get all sweaty during the day (just a rinse-off with no soap).

Last edited:
I go in my hot tub almost every day after working out and then rinse off the bromine - While working at least one shower everyday - just a hard habit.

After spending a year in Viet Nam as a grunt out in the bush, I would get a cold shower on a firebase maybe twice a month. After that I told myself I will never go to bed without a shower. Daily habit is a shower in the morning and a shower in the evening and I haven't missed many since 1970.

Once I retired I switched to showering every evening before bed. I found I slept a lot better that way.

If I get really sweaty after exercise or working in the yard during the day, I take another.

Typically once a day - but there are times it's every other day... Especially if I showered late in the day one day, and don't do anything sweaty the next day...

Always shower after going to the beach and or going on power walks. Not always after going in pools.

Usually once a day, sometimes twice a day or on occasion, once every 2 days.

On a related subject, my wife insists we use a clean (unused) towel for each shower. I find this somewhat extreme but I go along with it.

Back
Top Bottom