Pneumococcal Shot

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Its been 5 years since the last one, so I received the pneumonia shot this morning at Dr's office. This afternoon, the after effect of that shot has spread down into my bicep and feels almost like a torn bicep. I do not remember a reaction like this the last time, kind of makes me feel like taking a pass the next time around.

Anyone else get such a painful reaction?

I had this vaccine after being hospitalized for pnuemonia at age 42. While in the hospital the respiratory therapist told me that I needed to get the vaccine as once you get pnuemonia you are more susceptible to get it again. I waited three months to make sure I was over the pnuemonia and got the vaccine at my doctors office. I requested to get the shot in my left arm as I am right handed. The nurse was adamant that I needed to get the shot in my right arm. I personally did not see what difference it made so I received the shot in my right arm. One day later, my arm was killing me: A knot the size of my fist, could not raise my arm above my head, PAINFULL to the touch, localized fever at the shot site. This vaccine was painful but beat laying in the hospital for three days with pnuemonia. I get the flu shot every year and have never had any issues. I believe my next pnuemonia shot is age 55 or 60. Definitely not looking forward to it.....

I guess there are only two of us that have had this shot and experienced a reaction to it.

Its been a few days and my upper arm still hurts a lot and is hot to the touch. I don't think I could have worked out yesterday, but I may give it a try today. Found this article that suggest exercise may be beneficial after getting some shots.

How to Exercise After Getting a Shot | LIVESTRONG.COM

I had the shingles shot 5 years ago at 60, and there were no problems with that one.

Back
Top Bottom