Apple watch discount

Trade in's seem to be a chancy process.

I have to admit that Apple never gives the best trade-in prices. I've always done much better by sending old devices to others.

https://www.sellyourmac.com is one I've used a few times, and there are several others that give good value.

Trade in's seem to be a chancy process. Our son tried to trade in his iPhone 7 which was quoted as $200. But then when they received it they only offered $50. Apparently because of a small ding on the case. :facepalm:

When we bought our iPhone XR's they were offering $50 (as I recall) for my wife's Nexus 5 but then that was offer disappeared before she could use it.

I suspect you would have to rarely use your phone, and encase it in bubble wrap while using it, and have all the original packaging material to have a chance to get the maximum advertised trade-in. In other words, if you could repackage it and sell it as "new" without any reconditioning, and have no one be the wiser.

I always bought PC's because of the Apple Mac pricing. I avoided the iPhone because of the pricing and thought the watch was unnecessary for me.

Last November after a bad experience with a Google phone I bought a new iPhone XR for $750. For the quality I would say it is worth it. Now Google has a problem I think as their Pixel 3 was priced too high.

The Apple watch series 4 was pricey but I could find nothing to touch it's capabilities. And it works very well with the iPhone. I'm very much into fitness so it fulfills a health/fitness "want" for me. And what the heck, the stock market is up so I bought the watch. :D
To me that’s what Apple does. They build good quality, very useful products, and they price them accordingly. But they do offer a range of prices, so it’s not like you have to buy the most expensive version. The products last for years too. You can also often resell your old version for a decent amount when you upgrade.

If someone is looking for the cheapest phone or pad, it’s probably not going to be an Apple, except you might find a nice used one cheap.

I suspect you would have to rarely use your phone, and encase it in bubble wrap while using it, and have all the original packaging material to have a chance to get the maximum advertised trade-in. In other words, if you could repackage it and sell it as "new" without any reconditioning, and have no one be the wiser.

That’s not true at all. When you send things in, they want just the phone, no box, no charger/cables/no accessories.

But if there is a defect you won’t get max trade in.

The run today that I thought was 5.7 miles (Vivofit number) is actually 4.4 miles according to my Apple Watch. Since the Apple Watch has GPS I trust it is accurate. It was accurate at the track for a 1 mile run.

So great accuracy :) but I'm bummed out as I lost old mileage credits :(. Oh well.

The run today that I thought was 5.7 miles (Vivofit number) is actually 4.4 miles according to my Apple Watch. Since the Apple Watch has GPS I trust it is accurate. It was accurate at the track for a 1 mile run.

So great accuracy :) but I'm bummed out as I lost old mileage credits :(. Oh well.

Since my running/walking is mainly on city sidewalks, I can double check it with my car's odometer. I've found it to be very accurate, although every once in a while when the cloud cover is especially thick the GPS can be a little off. Never more than a fraction of a percent though.

I have a Series 2. I use it for workouts and I like the playback controls when I'm listening to music or podcasts.

But most of the time I don't like to wear it.

So in 5 or 6 months, there will be the Series 5. I think the Series 4 is a big upgrade over the previous Series, because of the bigger screen.

Maybe after this fall, the prices on Series 4 will fall. Whether that happens or not, definitely not pay full price for Series 3 or 4 now.

I have a Series 2. I use it for workouts and I like the playback controls when I'm listening to music or podcasts.

But most of the time I don't like to wear it.

So in 5 or 6 months, there will be the Series 5. I think the Series 4 is a big upgrade over the previous Series, because of the bigger screen.

Maybe after this fall, the prices on Series 4 will fall. Whether that happens or not, definitely not pay full price for Series 3 or 4 now.

FYI replacement bands, in a boatload of colors, are available on eBay for a fraction of what Apple charges. I use three different bands depending on what I am doing and I bought two of them on eBay for less than $20 for both.

I don't like these "smart" watches. My DW bought me one for Christmas. At first I was thrilled. I could track my workouts, steps, diet, sleep patterns, heart rate, etc....

Not too soon after, I was obsessing over it. I took it off and never put it back on. No regrets.

Anyone want to buy a nice samsung G3? Good price!! lol....

iu

https://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Apple_Watch

My Series 2 looks like on the verge of dying. Some days battery wound way down.

I did see the Series 3 sales for $199, which is less than half of what the Series 2 cost.

But I'm going to try to hang on til the fall. Either Series 5 is better or Series 4 will be discounted more.

Series 3 is a great watch. The main advantage of series 4 is the slightly larger watch face. I’m quite happy with my series 3. DH upgraded to series 4 for the larger watch face, and got a nice refund on his series 3.

Back
Top Bottom